League cuts we should take a look at

Nolby

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

These cutdown days are just another CFL stupidity.

How are half the cuts known to the public and half the teams still TBA?

Have the cuts in at say 2 PM central and announced by 3 PM.

I’d take Dante Brown as our PR kicker over Mourtada.

This is just a guess but I would think it has to do with when each team's respective season opener is? Either way, I agree it is odd that some guys get left in the lurch longer depending on the team they're trying out for.

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

This is just a guess but I would think it has to do with when each team's respective season opener is? Either way, I agree it is odd that some guys get left in the lurch longer depending on the team they're trying out for.

That's dumb in a different way.

They should all have the same cut down time, and they should all be announced a reasonable amount of time afterwards. 

21 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Nope, all teams were required to finalize their cuts by 10pm EST, last night. 

The only team's yet to announce theirs are Sask & BC but their opponents for week one have already made their cuts.  The Argos have the lastest season opener, with a week one bye, and their cuts have also been announced.

**BC has now released their cuts, leaving the Riders as the only team yet to make an announcement.**

Edited by bigg jay

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Nope, all teams were required to finalize their cuts by 10pm EST, last night. 

The only team's yet to announce theirs are Sask & BC but their opponents for week one have already made their cuts.  The Argos have the lastest season opener, with a week one bye, and their cuts have also been announced.

**BC has now released their cuts, leaving the Riders as the only team yet to make an announcement.**

It should be obvious by now that they're a little slow in Saskatchewan.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Nobody really interests me yet although I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if we gave Trumaine Washington a look. I would rather we go with the rookies though.

If rose is out I’d bring him in. If he’s ok I’d pass. 

Yeah...don't see anyone of note that I would take...and teams new recruits have no clue about so no sense even considering.

Only ones I  would consider is Bray or Cunningham just to have a vet depth piece in case of injury and one of our PR guys isn't producing or ready...other than that save our sheckles for a legit FA returnee

Tbh i think releasing the cuts earlier (like the bombers did) is the nice thing to do for the players. It is kind of similar to when teams have to release players so they could tryout in the NFL. Obviously noone wants to be cut, but waiting till the last moment possible is kind of a jerk move, even if teams are entitled to do so.

I think players notice when organizations screw them around like that.

11 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Tbh i think releasing the cuts earlier (like the bombers did) is the nice thing to do for the players. It is kind of similar to when teams have to release players so they could tryout in the NFL. Obviously noone wants to be cut, but waiting till the last moment possible is kind of a jerk move, even if teams are entitled to do so.

I think players notice when organizations screw them around like that.

Players know long before the names are released to the media.

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hey Riders, if you can't get your cuts out on time, how do you expect to compete for a Cup? Those who can't do little things often fail to do the big things.

Their initial report listing cuts to the CFL got rejected because they tried to cut those pesky goalposts lol

5 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Their initial report listing cuts to the CFL got rejected because they tried to cut those pesky goalposts lol

Of note also ...they have 13 guys on their pr.....you know how they luv that no...Most likely they were trying to alter that ...they just couldn't work around that number....why it took so much time.....

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Of note also ...they have 13 guys on their pr.....you know how they luv that no...Most likely they were trying to alter that ...they just couldn't work around that number....why it took so much time.....

They now realize...that 13 is a prime number...