Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

11 minutes ago, Saidin said:

What I don't get is Riders are calling us sore winners, and that Duke is some sort of angel, that he's never had anything like this before.

Yet just the week before he was accused of spitting.  Now who do you believe?

They are also saying that CoFaj outplayed Collaros.  Yup, CoFaj was on fire yesterday all right...🙄

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I mean, I wouldn’t argue with that.

Nor would I. ZC had a better completion rating but the 3 ints were killer. One you can pin on Demski the other two were under thrown (into the wind) and just a bad bad decision. I feel CF played a safe game and didn’t really try to push the ball down field after tossing 4 ints of his own last week.  He did enough to win that game imo but their D couldn’t stop our run game. 

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Nor would I. ZC had a better completion rating but the 3 ints were killer. One you can pin on Demski the other two were under thrown (into the wind) and just a bad bad decision. I feel CF played a safe game and didn’t really try to push the ball down field after tossing 4 ints of his own last week.  He did enough to win that game imo but their D couldn’t stop our run game. 

I don’t think CF played amazing by any stretch and his yardage numbers are definitely inflated by that BS catch ruling at the end but it’s fair to say that if not for our defence, Zach has a large part in playing us out of the game before the first half is even over.

Seems like Faj concentrated on ball security. Most passes were wide open shorter throws. The td to Duke was a nice throw but watching on TV u could tell the Bombers DBs were having troubles with the quick cuts on the frozen tundra 

Did he outplay Zach? Maybe. Although I'd bet money you don't see Collaros throw 3 picks or bombers have 6 turnovers in 1 game for a long time 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t think CF played amazing by any stretch and his yardage numbers are definitely inflated by that BS catch ruling at the end but it’s fair to say that if not for our defence, Zach has a large part in playing us out of the game before the first half is even over.

CF sucks. Can’t depend on him to make a throw longer then 20 yards down the field. He moves around well in the pocket but I think the Riders are limited in what they can achieve with him as their quarterback. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

CF sucks. Can’t depend on him to make a throw longer then 20 yards down the field. He moves around well in the pocket but I think the Riders are limited in what they can achieve with him as their quarterback. 

I agree. 

Upon reflection..  the Cry-der fans should not be surprised at the outcome.  All 3 games we played against them Saskatchewan led at half time.  All 3 games had the Bombers outscoring them in the 2nd half.  All 3 games had the Bombers D shutting the door in the 4th.   All 3 games, the Sask offence did absolutely nothing aside from 1 explosion play to Duke "Spitune" Williams.  This is what you call consistency.

Despite the fact that the Bombers gifted them 5 turnovers, they managed a measly 10 pts.  Bombers also won the turnover battle in the 2nd half.

In short, the Riders lost because of their incapable offence.  They couldn't get past the best defence in the league.

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yup not even in the same discussion as our ZC. Not his best game as a BB but I like the feeling even when ZC struggles you know he’ll work thru them. He’s got that Tom Clements feel to him. Here’s hoping for a 2nd Grey Cup ring on his hand as a Winnipeg Blue Bomber.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

I mean, I wouldn’t argue with that.

I would..Collaros was 17 of 21.....of the 4 misses, one was a brutal drop by Miller..Demski's as well was a bad drop, and the long one to Lawler got killer in the wind...the other...not sure wtf that was....Collaros made clutch throws when he needed them...consistently had the offence moving up and down the field, and biggest thing...he won...

Faj is a one read QB and if it isn't there...he's hooped, and cant make a deeper throw than 20 yards if his life depended on it...his 6.4% efficiency on that proves it, and last year I bet wasnt much better either.

Even look at the balls he completes that are within 15 to 20 yards..9 times outta ten his receivers have to climb a ladder to get them, then get pummeled after doing so..go watch their games again and you will see this....he isn't top tier..never will be...is adequate at best, and truthfully is a bit of a baby...suck it up when media and fans are critical....the funny part is the Riders will be paying him 512k next yr....good luck with that

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup not even in the same discussion as our ZC. Not his best game as a BB but I like the feeling even when ZC struggles you know he’ll work thru them. He’s got that Tom Clements feel to him. Here’s hoping for a 2nd Grey Cup ring on his hand as a Winnipeg Blue Bomber.

I think the big difference in yesterday's game is Zach played well below his standard... he will be much better next week... and Sprinkles played to the absolute best of his capabilities.... and the QBs were somewhat even yesterday.

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think the big difference in yesterday's game is Zach played well below his standard... he will be much better next week... and Sprinkles played to the absolute best of his capabilities.... and the QBs were somewhat even yesterday.

I didn’t even think he was that bad. He was very accurate. The ball to Demski should have been a TD, sure the second one was awful but the third one the wind appeared to carry the ball but it was a fine read and under better weather conditions it would most likely been a big play. Otherwise the bombers had no issues driving the field and making plays. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Even my wife laughed at the deep attempt where faj overthrew a wide open Williams down field. "He tried so hard to get high enough to catch that! How do you miss that so bad?"

Honestly that pass is on Duke as much as Fajardo. Duke stopped running and tried to high point it. If he just keeps running its probably 6.

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

I didn’t even think he was that bad. He was very accurate. The ball to Demski should have been a TD, sure the second one was awful but the third one the wind appeared to carry the ball but it was a fine read and under better weather conditions it would most likely been a big play. Otherwise the bombers had no issues driving the field and making plays. 

Ture... I'm not saying Zach was terrible but it was definitely not up to his usual standard

2 hours ago, Saidin said:

There WAS a penalty on BA there if I'm not mistaken?

Yes there was, but folks were saying it shouldn't have been a penalty because Faj-jj was sliding late.

Re Riders Turnovers: The first one was Demski's mistake, one pick was Collaros' mistake, the rest were good plays by the Riders D. 

Faj-jj had a pretty good game except for the 3 open deep balls that he missed. Those were turning points in the game.

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Yes there was, but folks were saying it shouldn't have been a penalty because Faj-jj was sliding late.

Re Riders Turnovers: The first one was Demski's mistake, one pick was Collaros' mistake, the rest were good plays by the Riders D. 

Faj-jj had a pretty good game except for the 3 open deep balls that he missed. Those were turning points in the game.

Narrator: "Literally no one said that."