Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

11 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Try Arrow .. my go to brew from TCB 

I don't LOVE IPAs, but Arrow isn't bad. Lamplighter is definitely my go to from TCB tho. Love Ambers and Reds. 

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thought I saw you there 😂

Blue Roberts jersey in the back by the tanks. We were having a time! Ha ha. One of my best friends from high school does this outdoor brewing thing with Sarah and the crew called Camp Kilter.... So we met him there to try some of what they'd brewed up in the fall... 

26 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Yeah as much as we talk about it I don't think the bad weather benefits us. One of the teams has a downfield passing game.

But we just gotta trust our defense

Riders front 7 is garbage and we have the best OL this league has seen in years.  Think of how we beat them in the playoffs the last two years.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Riders front 7 is garbage and we have the best OL this league has seen in years.  Think of how we beat them in the playoffs the last two years.

An RB who might not play and a backup QB who is no longer here?

We are clearly the better team, but games like this tend to have funny results, is all.

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Coldest game ever saw was the famous -22 in Cal where Flutie froze his hands and that was not including the windchill.  The wind tomorrow 🥶

Need emergency move up in time 🤔

That was in 1993. I was at that game. All week long, temps in Calgary were plus 5 to 10. Then a cold front swept thru with snow & lots of wind late Saturday night thru Sunday. The temp dropped to the minus 20's by game time & windchill minus 35.

I spent halftime & a bit of the 3rd quarter with a hundred other frozen guys crammed in the washroom at McMahon Stadium where there was heat trying to unthaw. It was brutal watching or playing that game as the wind was horrendous. The heater on the Stamps sideline malfunctioned. They had no heat. However, they kept the heater on at the Eskimo sideline & their players had a huge advantage, I think the rules have now changed meaning if the heater on one sideline doesn't work the other team has to turn theirs off. The next week it was plus 10 for the Grey Cup in Calgary.

I hope conditions at IG Field aren't like they were in Calgary for the WDF tomorrow. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was in 1993. I was at that game. All week long, temps in Calgary were plus 5 to 10. Then a cold front swept thru with snow & lots of wind late Saturday night thru Sunday. The temp dropped to the minus 20's by game time & windchill minus 35.

I spent halftime & a bit of the 3rd quarter with a hundred other frozen guys crammed in the washroom at McMahon Stadium where there was heat trying to unthaw. It was brutal watching or playing that game as the wind was horrendous. The heater on the Stamps sideline malfunctioned. They had no heat. However, they kept the heater on at the Eskimo sideline & their players had a huge advantage, I think the rules have now changed meaning if the heater on one sideline doesn't work the other team has to turn theirs off. The next week it was plus 10 for the Grey Cup in Calgary.

I hope conditions at IG Field aren't like they were in Calgary for the WDF tomorrow. 

My Alberta family always like to bring up Winterpeg but it dont snow here in June or September and that game was the coldest ever. Flutie Flakes? Flutie Frozen! How could u not wear gloves?!?

I know that people are not going to want to hear this especially guys from out of town but is there are a possibility that this game is postponed are maybe they start at 12, the conditions are supposed to rapidly become **** starting at about kickoff. Cold is one thing but snow and 70 km gusts are another, maybe it will miss us 😁

Edited by bustamente

18 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Bad weather is definitely the Riders best hope. The one positive is that it does also mitigate the one advantage they have on us, kicking. I have no faith in our kickers but at least their kicking game should diminished enough that they'll lose much of their advantage here.

I don't think bad weather helps the Riders. They'd rather throw the ball then run. Powell is a good but not great back. We have a 3 headed monster at running back & a dominant OL so I think we may have the advantage. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think bad weather helps the Riders. They'd rather throw the ball then run. Powell is a good but not great back. We have a 3 headed monster at running back & a dominant OL so I think we may have the advantage. 

yeah faj really thinks he's a legit qb and maas always likes to air it out. I don't think they have the patience to stick with the running game throughout. Not to mention I question if Powell has the stamina to grind out an entire game being old as ****. Not to mention their OL is more likely to tire compared to the heavy rotation the Bombers throw at teams in the front 7. 

The Bombers are built to grind out games in whatever form that takes. The Riders are built to hope for mistakes and capitalise. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yeah faj really thinks he's a legit qb and maas always likes to air it out. I don't think they have the patience to stick with the running game throughout. Not to mention I question if Powell has the stamina to grind out an entire game being old as ****. Not to mention their OL is more likely to tire compared to the heavy rotation the Bombers throw at teams in the front 7. 

The Bombers are built to grind out games in whatever form that takes. The Riders are built to hope for mistakes and capitalise. 

This. I was frustrated for so many years (a lot of them under Lapo) from watching the Bombers play not to lose, or depending on having to fool the other team to have offensive success. Sask absolutely has that mentality, they can’t flat out win a game on their own merit. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Oh I definitely agree. I just feel our advantage would be even greater with good weather.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Again, I agree. I do fear that the mistakes the Riders are hoping for are more likely to occur under poor conditions.