Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

I believe it was after Collaros threw the interception to a Rider when there was no Bombers player around him. From where I was in 227, Row 19, they were LOUDLY booing within the stadium. To me, it sounded like the entire stadium. Guy next to me said "well, the boo birds are out after that one...." 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I believe it was after Collaros threw the interception to a Rider when there was no Bombers player around him. From where I was in 227, Row 19, they were LOUDLY booing within the stadium. To me, it sounded like the entire stadium. Guy next to me said "well, the boo birds are out after that one...." 

Guilty! That one deserved every boo. Just a poor decision. Take the sack and the field goal (I think they were in range). 

Oh boy, don't really know what to think about this.

“It’s tough at times when you’re not winning, when you’re not playing well but … man … (protracted pause) … there’s been a lot of hard times in my life throughout my football career, and I just go out there and give it everything I have and lay it all on the line.”

“I want to do everything I can to bring this team a Grey Cup, because I know they deserve it and they’ve got our back, but it can be mentally tough sometimes.

“And I think that’s why you see me breaking down here, because it’s … you know, I’m a human being at heart and it was tough sometimes going through all year and you give everything you have and people don’t see that or people don’t give you respect.

I am torn between being empathetic and mercilessly mocking him, but with either option... pure cringe.  

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Hah. No no, he’s got quite a bit of family close by, and his wife is from the area. I think it’s as close to home as he gets in Canada, so it’s been speculated. 

That was speculated the year he was traded...and he squashed those rumours by resigning here..and they quite happy here...no chance he wants to leave...he's even been on record saying this has been happiest he's been

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

What direction does ZC go? Is there any water to the rumour that he may sign in Toronto?

In talking to Bob Irving on the post-game show, he couldn't say enough great things about the Bombers organization and how much he loves Winnipeg and loves playing here. It really sounded to me like he was getting choked up when he was talking about how much he loves this team.

In the same interview he ripped into the Riders whole organization. I can't remember what he exactly said, but it had to do with how they are a garbage organization that employs dirty players. So on top of being a great quarterback, he's an excellent analyst of organizations. 😄

29 minutes ago, WildPath said:

In talking to Bob Irving on the post-game show, he couldn't say enough great things about the Bombers organization and how much he loves Winnipeg and loves playing here. It really sounded to me like he was getting choked up when he was talking about how much he loves this team.

Watching his teeth chattering away in the post-game interview he probably was wondering how much he truly "loves" playing here in the late fall/winter lol.  Hopefully next year the league goes back to a regular schedule as games in December in Canada just don't make much sense....

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Counterpoint - the most dominant team in the league handed you the game, repeatedly, and you could do nothing. You couldn't hit open receivers and no matter who the Riders bring in, you will continue to fail.

Training camp will be interesting next year. I don't think Maas will be satisfied to just keep CF as his starter. But, will Maas be back? Or, will he get another HC opportunity? 

14 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

What direction does ZC go? Is there any water to the rumour that he may sign in Toronto?

What direction does Cody Fajardo go? Any water to the rumour he may want to sign in Toronto?

14 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Hah. No no, he’s got quite a bit of family close by, and his wife is from the area. I think it’s as close to home as he gets in Canada, so it’s been speculated. 

He stated in an interview a month ago that he wants to be a Bomber for as long as the team wants him.

12 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh boy, don't really know what to think about this.

I am torn between being empathetic and mercilessly mocking him, but with either option... pure cringe.  

Go cry in private man....you just told pretty much everyone in the free world how easy it is to get in your head. My goodness, it's no wonder this guy can't win the big game he's tremendously insecure. Toughen up young Cody Faj because to be successful you gotta be in the right frame of mind. Cody you might want to get your estrogen levels checked.

Edited by GCn20
adding

The Bombers spent the first half of the WF handing that game to the Riders on a silver platter and they scored what, all of 10 points off those 5 turnovers? Not sure if "pushed to the brink" is the right verbiage but I suppose that's to be expected from the biggest fanboy of the Riders; Suitor does nothing to hide his homerific obsession with that team.

As for Fajardo, was he expecting to be coddled by arguably the most entitled and irrational fanbase in the CFL? On the one hand, he claims to love playing for the Riders but then on the other, he seems to take offense with criticism or negativity directed his way when he can't get the job done.

I rarely indulge in schadenfreude but when it comes to the Saskatchewan Roughriders... I cannot get enough.

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What direction does Cody Fajardo go? Any water to the rumour he may want to sign in Toronto?

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, JCon said:

Training camp will be interesting next year. I don't think Maas will be satisfied to just keep CF as his starter. But, will Maas be back? Or, will he get another HC opportunity? 

The Cody Jesus thing is real over there and I think Maas would be given a one way ticket out of town if he got in the way of Faj being the saviour in a home town Grey Cup game.

Not like the Riders are gonna be in that game either way...

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Bombers spent the first half of the WF handing that game to the Riders on a silver platter and they scored what, all of 10 points off those 5 turnovers? Not sure if "pushed to the brink" is the right verbiage but I suppose that's to be expected from the biggest fanboy of the Riders; Suitor does nothing to hide his homerific obsession with that team.

As for Fajardo, was he expecting to be coddled by arguably the most entitled and irrational fanbase in the CFL? On the one hand, he claims to love playing for the Riders but then on the other, he seems to take offense with criticism or negativity directed his way when he can't get the job done.

I rarely indulge in schadenfreude but when it comes to the Saskatchewan Roughriders... I cannot get enough.

And sask fans think he has an "anti-Rider bias".

FFS

He just wrote Cody Fajardo a love letter.

Edited by Geebrr

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Not like the Riders are gonna be in that game either way...

I fully expect 2022 will be all-in for the Riders and the pressure is already on for O'Day, Dickenson, and co.

The hurdle is it's a daunting task to build a contender in one off-season and I don't think current regime has what it takes.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I fully expect 2022 will be all-in for the Riders and the pressure is already on for O'Day, Dickenson, and co.

The hurdle is it's a daunting task to build a contender in one off-season and I don't think current regime has what it takes.

They need a whole new OL, and locker room culture rebuild by next November....good luck with that.