Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

On 2021-12-07 at 11:46 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

If you are truly torn about how to react, maybe ask yourself “if this was a Blue Bomber saying this, how would I feel?”  Then ask “if it was a person or team I have no allegiance for a or against either way (real life example: Simone Biles), how would I feel?” Is there a difference based on allegiance? If so, should there be and why? If not, how are you reacting to others whose have clear opinions one way or another. No right or wrong one way to feel, but maybe this approach helps you sort out the ambivalence and what your beliefs and values as a fan and a human being are, and if those stances are the same for each role. 

He's a total wiener, if Darren Cameron was the Riders PR director he would have rushed in, pulled the electrical cord and shuffled him out the door to save the franchise from embarrassment.  Fajaja was paid $415,000 this season and is scheduled to make $515,000 next season, he's blubbering and professing his love for Sask. because he knows he isn't worth that money and he doesn't have a hope in hell of getting it anywhere else!  Slow as they are over there, they're eventually going to figure this out and boot his tail out the door.  

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

26 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He's a total wiener, if Darren Cameron was the Riders PR director he would have rushed in, pulled the electrical cord and shuffled him out the door to save the franchise from embarrassment.  Fajaja was paid $415,000 this season and is scheduled to make $515,000 next season, he's blubbering and professing his love for Sask. because he knows he isn't worth that money and he doesn't have a hope in hell of getting it anywhere else!  Slow as they are over there, they're eventually going to figure this out and boot his tail out the door.  

It will interesting to hear what he says when, inevitably, the axe falls on him.

Cody Fajardo is human. The man is sensitive about criticism & it affects him. He's neither a robot without feeelings or evil just because he plays for the Riders,

We have some posters here (including myself) who have issues with mental health. We understand what it's like to suffer thru depression, anxiety & self doubt. I can sympathize with Fajardo feeling down about being criticized on social media. As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Fajardo's not as great as some Rider fans would make him out to be but not as bad as some here say he is. To me, Fajardo's an above average qb who with the right personnel around him could qb the Riders to a GC victory.

He would be wise to go off social media altogether if he is negatively affected like he appears to be. I know this goes against the grain here but I'll never criticize anyone who is struggling like he was at that presser yesterday. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Cody Fajardo is human. The man is sensitive about criticism & it affects him. He's neither a robot without feeelings or evil just because he plays for the Riders,

We have some posters here (including myself) who have issues with mental health. We understand what it's like to suffer thru depression, anxiety & self doubt. I can sympathize with Fajardo feeling down about being criticized on social media. As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Fajardo's not as great as some Rider fans would make him out to be but not as bad as some here say he is. To me, Fajardo's an above average qb who with the right personnel around him could qb the Riders to a GC victory.

He would be wise to go off social media altogether if he is negatively affected like he appears to be. I know this goes against the grain here but I'll never criticize anyone who is struggling like he was at that presser yesterday. 

Thank you for this. Wise words. I bit my tongue on a few posts since some might dismiss me as being holier than thou again, but I felt a few comments went over the line (“loser”, “weiner”, “should check his estrogen level”). I do agree that he does need to get off social media if it causes him strife, or if he expects it to be all positive strokes, because fandom is hardly all that, and fairly or not comes with the territory for pro athletes. But at least when asked a question by the media, he did not give the standard canned cliches and gave an honest, from the heart, real answer. I don’t feel sorry for him as much as I am concerned about his mental state and how hard he seems to take things. It may hinder him as a quarterback and team leader, but as a human he is entitled to his feelings and should not be mocked for it. Hopefully in the future he can find a way to tune out the internet critics or at least be at peace with it, but the pandemic has done a number on most people’s mental health. I know many who feel that the lack of real human connection and living and working in a more virtual world has led to a lot more isolation and loss of basic respect for others when you communicate mainly through a computer. 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

what's the coles notes here?... for those of us that don't subscribe to the Freep

"Early in the first quarter, Roughriders defensive back Ed Gainey hurled a football into the stands at a pair of heckling Bombers fans, said complainant Tony Carvalho.

Gainey’s throw was low and to the right, nearly striking 17-year-old AJ Boyko, Carvalho said.

AJ, a former Make-A-Wish Foundation recipient who suffers from a congenital heart defect, was caught unaware. Carvalho intercepted the ball inches from his face, AJ said.

"(The football) was already frozen — completely blown up. It was rock hard. And he winded up and rifled it as a CFL player, like, professional level," AJ said. "It probably would’ve broken my nose."

Carvalho and Danny Boyko, AJ’s father, both said Gainey threw the ball with enough force to cause an injury.

"He’s a professional football player. To me, that’s like a boxer throwing a punch," Boyko said.

Carvalho and his friend Brad Buckoski were the intended targets of the ball. The season ticket holders wear wrestling gear and call themselves the Legion of Blue. They often heckle opposing teams but have never seen a player react in anger, Carvalho said.

Moments before the ball was thrown, Carvalho and Buckoski were taunting Gainey and fellow Roughrider Loucheiz Purifoy with a Snickers bar and repeating a phrase that sounded like "you’re not you when you’re hungry," Boyko said.

The Snickers bar was in reference to a recent disturbance in a Regina restaurant in which Purifoy was detained by the Regina Police Service, Carvalho said."

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

what's the coles notes here?... for those of us that don't subscribe to the Freep

17 year old waves a Snickers bar at Purifoy and Gainey. You're not yourself when you're hungry - referencing the disturbance Purifoy was involved in where he said he was just hungry. Gainey rifles a frozen football at the kid and almost hits him. 

Or, Trash-foy and Trash-ney were doing trashy things in their trashy jerseys. Trash will trash. 

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

"Early in the first quarter, Roughriders defensive back Ed Gainey hurled a football into the stands at a pair of heckling Bombers fans, said complainant Tony Carvalho.

Gainey’s throw was low and to the right, nearly striking 17-year-old AJ Boyko, Carvalho said.

AJ, a former Make-A-Wish Foundation recipient who suffers from a congenital heart defect, was caught unaware. Carvalho intercepted the ball inches from his face, AJ said.

"(The football) was already frozen — completely blown up. It was rock hard. And he winded up and rifled it as a CFL player, like, professional level," AJ said. "It probably would’ve broken my nose."

Carvalho and Danny Boyko, AJ’s father, both said Gainey threw the ball with enough force to cause an injury.

"He’s a professional football player. To me, that’s like a boxer throwing a punch," Boyko said.

Carvalho and his friend Brad Buckoski were the intended targets of the ball. The season ticket holders wear wrestling gear and call themselves the Legion of Blue. They often heckle opposing teams but have never seen a player react in anger, Carvalho said.

Moments before the ball was thrown, Carvalho and Buckoski were taunting Gainey and fellow Roughrider Loucheiz Purifoy with a Snickers bar and repeating a phrase that sounded like "you’re not you when you’re hungry," Boyko said.

The Snickers bar was in reference to a recent disturbance in a Regina restaurant in which Purifoy was detained by the Regina Police Service, Carvalho said."

if it's that easy to get under his skin... no wonder receivers have no trouble doing it 😂

more proof that CD has no control over the inmates there, it's a total "me first" team and mentality, and where there's smoke...there's fire on a dysfunctional and sad organization ..spitting allegations....eye gouging....can't make a pee pee and then defending it.....Disturbances and night on jail at local establishments.....Players loafing and disinterested (Evans)....players leaving/quitting right before playoffs (Hendy).....finger pointing (Fajardo).....Whining about criticism (Fajardo again).....all in all...what a joke!!

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

more proof that CD has no control over the inmates there, it's a total "me first" team and mentality, and where there's smoke...there's fire on a dysfunctional and sad organization ..spitting allegations....eye gouging....can't make a pee pee and then defending it.....Disturbances and night on jail at local establishments.....Players loafing and disinterested (Evans)....players leaving/quitting right before playoffs (Hendy).....finger pointing (Fajardo).....Whining about criticism (Fajardo again).....all in all...what a joke!!

And them being sent packing every year. Gainey called Regina boring so he is glad to leave I am sure.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

And them being sent packing every year. Gainey called Regina boring so he is glad to leave I am sure.

I can see several of their pending free agents wanting to leave, even tho the cup is there....there are better opportunities to get to the cup than being there..especially with Riders having to go thru Winnipeg and or Calgary again..thats tuff sledding

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I deal with anxiety and heavy depression at times,I'll **** on an opposing player like any fan would but I'll never attack someone's mental health. It's a very dark place and makes life exceptionally difficult whether you like it or not.

26 minutes ago, JCon said:

17 year old waves a Snickers bar at Purifoy and Gainey. You're not yourself when you're hungry - referencing the disturbance Purifoy was involved in where he said he was just hungry. Gainey rifles a frozen football at the kid and almost hits him. 

Or, Trash-foy and Trash-ney were doing trashy things in their trashy jerseys. Trash will trash. 

It wasn't even the kid who was heckling them according to the guy who filed the complaint.  The ball was intended for him and another guy but, in true Rider fashion, Gainey couldn't even do that properly and nearly smoked the kid instead.  

Just now, bigg jay said:

It wasn't even the kid who was heckling them according to the guy who filed the complaint.  The ball was intended for him and another guy but, in true Rider fashion, Gainey couldn't even do that properly and nearly smoked the kid instead.  

And unlike Fajardo, Gainey threw low.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

And unlike Fajardo, Gainey threw low.

YUP....the Faj misses are generally high....hahaha

9 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I deal with anxiety and heavy depression at times,I'll **** on an opposing player like any fan would but I'll never attack someone's mental health. It's a very dark place and makes life exceptionally difficult whether you like it or not.

I don't think it's mental health issues with Fajardo...he just believed his press clippings, even tho he knew he wasn't overly talented...which he actually stated in his presser, and is cracking under the pressure now, moreso being weak more than anything...