Week 1 thoughts and review

Nolby

8 hours ago, johnzo said:

I think garbage time started during the second quarter of BC vs. Riders .... that's when the Rider secondary started getting real casual.

BLM is gonna win more games for sure, but something looks off with him.  He's missing throws he didn't miss before.  Is he gonna be ageless like Calvillo or Allen and find new peaks in his game?  or is he going to tail off now?  I don't think he's done by any stretch but I think the trend will be down for him.

Lapo, we'll see.  His team is swaggering in two phases of the game but doesn't look to have a lot of upside on O.  Could see him being the fall guy for the redblack's terrible offensive recruiting.

Ok, I would phrase it differently than “garbage time” but I agree with the idea that the Riders took their foot off the gas. But when he returned in the 4th BC was turning the tide, and he hung in there. Bad last pass though. Definite deer in headlights jitters in the first half but I think he overcame them. There is something to work with in my mind with this guy. 

I do wonder about Bo’s health as it has been sketchy for a while, and the club is always tight lipped about his ailments or surgeries, so it is my qualifier about him on the downslope, but if he is healthy he is nowhere near twilight. I could see a Ricky Ray type backslide with the new personnel, but if he ever became trade bait a smart team would grab him in a heartbeat. He has more Grey Cups in him I would wager. 

LaPo could easily be the fall guy, but I think he gets the full year at least. If they swoon this season then he gets maybe 6 games next year to improve or be gone. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok, I would phrase it differently than “garbage time” but I agree with the idea that the Riders took their foot off the gas. But when he returned in the 4th BC was turning the tide, and he hung in there. Bad last pass though. Definite deer in headlights jitters in the first half but I think he overcame them. There is something to work with in my mind with this guy. 

I do wonder about Bo’s health as it has been sketchy for a while, and the club is always tight lipped about his ailments or surgeries, so it is my qualifier about him on the downslope, but if he is healthy he is nowhere near twilight. I could see a Rocky Ray type backslide with the new personnel, but if he ever became trade bait a smart team would grab him in a heartbeat. He has more Grey Cups in him I would wager. 

LaPo could easily be the fall guy, but I think he gets the full year at least. If they swoon this season then he gets maybe 6 games next year to improve or be gone. 

Interesting analysis.

Could be true? What struck me was his lack of any fire walking off after the many 2 and outs..

He seems like he  does not care.

Reilly and Nichols should be IR'd ASAP. Both are injured and ineffective.

Harris looked good and bad. The pick 6 that lost the Elks club the game wasn't his fault. The other 2 picks were.

Masoli looked good and bad too. We didn't give him much time to throw and Banks let him down a couple of times.

BLM looked rusty to me and I've heard he's battling a groin injury which could have something to do with it.

MBT and Collaros looked great. Top 2 QB's of the week.

8 minutes ago, Mark F said:

wilder, after a loss,  bragging about himself on twitter.

great teammate.

harris need to gain some weight..... at least looks that way to me..... almost gaunt.

What an ass. The exact opposite of a mafia type guy. 

Nichols looked skinny af. Not just trimmed down but like he was stranded on a desert island for covid. His arms looked tiny. They gotta ir him and get him healthy. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

His throw sucked on the pick 6 - that's one of the harder catches to make. 

His throw was low and catchable. Looked like Nichols throws except with more velocity. The receiver knocked it up in the air. A good receiver never does that.

I was wondering who everyone was going to pick on this year now that Duron Carter's gone. Turns out its Wilder.

29 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

His throw was low and catchable. Looked like Nichols throws except with more velocity. The receiver knocked it up in the air. A good receiver never does that.

Yes, but Harris also bears some responsibility there - the problem is where the throw was placed. 

p.s. I'm aware that we're not going to agree here - we don't need to.