2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

13 minutes ago, Sard said:

Only when our Defense is on the field.

1) Why is it that the Winnipeg Wave always seems to get going when we are on offence, never on defence? (a.k.a. Are Bomber fans that ignorant about the proper use of crowd noise?)

2) Why are we still doing the Winnipeg Wave? (a.k.a. Are Bomber fans that bored/lame/behind the times?)

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

1) Why is it that the Winnipeg Wave always seems to get going when we are on offence, never on defence? (a.k.a. Are Bomber fans that ignorant about the proper use of crowd noise?)

2) Why are we still doing the Winnipeg Wave? (a.k.a. Are Bomber fans that bored/lame/behind the times?)

1) It doesn't. It takes about 5 minutes to get a wave going.

2) Because people like it, kids like it, families like it. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

1) It doesn't. It takes about 5 minutes to get a wave going.

2) Because people like it, kids like it, families like it. 

I hate it... but I agree with you that people obviously do like it... I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon now who likes to watch the game without people waving in my face... I also yell at the clouds after the wave is done... 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I hate it... but I agree with you that people obviously do like it... I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon now who likes to watch the game without people waving in my face... I also yell at the clouds after the wave is done... 

Oh, yeah, I love being in the front row, so the wave doesn't affect me. I'm old too. But, I wasn't always old and my son likes it. I remember doing a lot of things at Bomber games in my youth that I wouldn't do now. 

20k-33k fans all just trying to have a good time. That's different definition for each of them.

Just now, JCon said:

Oh, yeah, I love being in the front row, so the wave doesn't affect me. I'm old too. But, I wasn't always old and my son likes it. I remember doing a lot of things at Bomber games in my youth that I wouldn't do now. 

20k-33k fans all just trying to have a good time. That's different definition for each of them.

When I started going to games regularly in my teens... I loved the wave... I'm ok with it happening, I just don't like it...

I agree it takes time to get going, and I wonder if it would take more quickly if we were on defence. You see some fans trying to get it going and others trying to quiet them down. Honestly to me it seems it always (and I do mean always) starts up when the offence marches on the field. If all fans understood the concept of bringing the noise every time when the defence gets on, maybe I would enjoy it again. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

RIders nominate Fajardo for MOP.

****ing lmao

By default, I guess... they are 9-4, which by all accounts, makes it a good season... and no one really stands out as "the guy"...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It was Bighill or Jeffcoat, IMO.....with an outside shot for Alexander. But for me, every one of them is the league winner, except Miller who narrowly loses to Devonte Dedmon, who truly was outstanding. 

As much as I love Miller and think he's deserving... a good and consistent returner will always win the MOSTP award...