2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

Who else could they nominate? That Richardson's Ground Squirrel, Gainer, has been absolute crap all year. 

Dan Clark for most outstanding pylon?

Ed Gainey for Best Trash Talker Who Doesn't Back It Up?

A.C. Leonard for Longest Hold of a Pee Ever?

Edited by rebusrankin

3 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

S. Bryant could be our best hog in the history of our franchise.  

Which would make him the best in CFL history..... seems like a bold statement, but I'm super interested in the discussion. Walby himself says Big Stan is the best he's ever seen...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Lokombo over Demski would be a joke. After Lawler, Demski is our best receiver, plus he's a threat out of the backfield. Demski for West Nom in a walk, and should get the league nod, IMO. 

637 yards & 4 TDs receiving, combined with 70 yards & 1TD on the ground isn’t “in a walk” at all. 

Lokombo had similar numbers to Adam Bighill. He had a very good year, and will be strongly considered to come out of the west.

39 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

637 yards & 4 TDs receiving, combined with 70 yards & 1TD on the ground isn’t “in a walk” at all. 

Lokombo had similar numbers to Adam Bighill. He had a very good year, and will be strongly considered to come out of the west.

Career highs for him. On the top team in the league. I'd say his chances to take MOC this year are pretty good.

1 hour ago, Dodge and Burn said:

S. Bryant could be our best hog in the history of our franchise.  

I'd say he is. The 4 Top Tackles are:      1. Stanley Bryant 2. Chris Walby 3. Bill Frank 4. Frank Rigney

The 4 Top Guards are:     1. Nick Bastaja 2. Brett MacNeill 3. David Black 4. Cornel Piper

The 4 Top Centers are:    1. John Bonk 2. Bob Swift 3. George Druxman 4. Dave Mudge 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd say he is. The 4 Top Tackles are:      1. Stanley Bryant 2. Chris Walby 3. Bill Frank 4. Frank Rigney

The 4 Top Guards are:     1. Nick Bastaja 2. Brett MacNeill 3. David Black 4. Cornel Piper

The 4 Top Centers are:    1. John Bonk 2. Bob Swift 3. George Druxman 4. Dave Mudge 

I'd pay folding money to sit and listen to Irving and Walby have this discussion over beers (Walby) and rum (Knucks).....

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I'd pay folding money to sit and listen to Irving and Walby have this discussion over beers (Walby) and rum (Knucks).....

All great players. Guard was the toughest selection as there were other guards who played for us who were outstanding but they only played a few seasons so even though they were great I feel longevity has to be a major factor to be on any All Time position list. Two guards that come to mind tin this scenario that were dominant but only played a few seasons for us: Buddy Brown & Bob Lueck. 

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Gittens JR in Toronto has the same numbers as Demski

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Which would make him the best in CFL history..... seems like a bold statement, but I'm super interested in the discussion. Walby himself says Big Stan is the best he's ever seen...

And in the era of shotgun, 5 receivers and 70+ percent passing, compared to a more balanced, under centre, multi backs, run heavy era Walby played in.  The best tackle in this era is the best ever because the job has never been harder.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You get a like for Bastaja my favourite all time Bomber, and yes Bryant is at the head of the class of all of them

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Bighills primary great impact this year is in pass cover. Stats don't come close to telling the tale with him. Also playing on worse defenses inflates tackles. Similar production on an all time great d vs a meh d isn't comparable. 

Honestly moc this year should go to an ol. They don't get nearly enough love in mol 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

All great players. Guard was the toughest selection as there were other guards who played for us who were outstanding but they only played a few seasons so even though they were great I feel longevity has to be a major factor to be on any All Time position list. Two guards that come to mind tin this scenario that were dominant but only played a few seasons for us: Buddy Brown & Bob Lueck. 

Great point. I think if he hadn't retired, Matthias Goossen could be in the conversation here. 

17 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Dafuq? He refused the urine test... shouldn't he be black balled like Andrew Harris was last year? I guess that's the way to go. Just refuse the test and everyone just forgets about it... 

Remember that Harris was blackballed by the local writers here (3 of 5) which is what the initial round of voting is limited to. So the Sask writers had the sole power to include or exclude Leonard. A boycott could still come. Also remember that Harris was voted unanimously to the West all-star team, so once the voting went division-wide he had enough to get in (everyone in fact, which makes you wonder why the Winnipeg chapter did not continue their boycott for that selection?) but then was black-balled again for the CFL nod and the CFLPA all-star teams. So Leonard may still be eliminated from the all-star teams (plus he isn’t beating Bighill for MODP anyway). 

Refusing to take the pee test and you're in???bogus nomination I say....but then it is riderville where the pee wee's reign supreme.....I hope Leonard is denigrated by the local scribes as happened to Harris....failing that the two faced media over an issue like this will be front and centre....It's in their court