2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

ha ha ha ha ha. There's more to it than that.......but.......give me Winnipeg any day, and twice on Sundays. 

You have to get to know the culture of a place.  I find that going anywhere just for sightseeing - is a waste of time and money.

Well, ok, Toronto might be an exception to that rule. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Close to where I live there is the Hamlet of Netley. There is still a grain elevator there (privately owned) and maybe a dozen residents. 

Where I am going with this? The old general store is sitting empty. It has a fairly new roof and there are living quarters attached. It would make a sweet hunting cabin or cottage. You're near Chalet Beach, Winnipeg Beach, Petersfield, and about 15 min. from Gimli. It's located about a mile from Netley Lake / Netley Marsh.

That's really cool actually. Thatd make a super cool retrofit cottage. Especially if you keep the store facade. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

That's really cool actually. Thatd make a super cool retrofit cottage. Especially if you keep the store facade. 

They put a modern slanted tin roof on it.  Which will extend the life of the building, but takes away some of the original store facade (flat roof).

It's still got Remington ads and some sort of cigarette ads on the front door,  

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Never considered Edmonton like with Winnipeg "with money" but really just like Winnipeg.

That was the first time I've ever seen anyone say Edmonton having money.  My remote co workers who work in Edmonton make it seem like it's a dying ****-hole with a crap downtown... so basically a crappier Winnipeg.

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That was the first time I've ever seen anyone say Edmonton having money.  My remote co workers who work in Edmonton make it seem like it's a dying ****-hole with a crap downtown... so basically a crappier Winnipeg.

Use to be some very hot cars and super heavy duty trucks. 

I bounced around...lived in San Fran....just outside at St  Louis..Toronto..Winnipeg..back to Cali...then back here...people always ask why I came back here of all places...and I say of them all this was the best all around...and u need to live here to understand it.

Youde be surprised how many former Americans still are here from bomber teams...some under the radar I bet many had no clue...

Just now, wbbfan said:

Imo all the money and no taste. Doesn't have any of the heart or soul of winnipeg. Edm is like a bigger wealthier but sterile version of Winnipeg. 

I can dig that.... Fair enough. I will ALWAYS go to bat for Manitoba over AB..... They've just got all the Goddamned oil. 

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Give me the RWB, RMTC, the WSO, et al. I love the culture of Winnipeg and am a season tickets holder for two of the above and a patron of the other. 

When I met my girlfriend who would become my wife 2 years later, as guys we all do things to impress. About 2 months after we started going out she called me to ask if I'd be willing to go the RWB. Good thing she couldn't see my reaction on the other end of the TELEphone. I just rolled my eyes & said yes. So we went. Haven't been back since. She knows it wasn't my cuppa tea but did it because she wanted to go. Like the song says, "The things we do for love', 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Having oil is not the future.

We have water 

Qft. Water and hydro power is going to be huge. So long as our govt doesn't mess it up. Hey I know let's sell off all our assets so we stay a have not province forever. Lol sad but I'm hopeful. 

12 hours ago, JCon said:

Give me the RWB, RMTC, the WSO, et al. I love the culture of Winnipeg and am a season tickets holder for two of the above and a patron of the other. 

I love the culture and the out doors and the classic architecture of down town and the exchange the province and city just has such an amazing combination of niches. 

Idk if my tastes were developed by living here or if I was just lucky but the province has every thing I could want. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I've lived in Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, and Merida Mexico. The only one I'd go back to is Vancouver, but I can't afford it any more. My next move is out to Nova Scotia when my wife's parents no longer need us. Just bought a nice piece of land over looking the bay of Fundy.

Nice. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Uncultured swine 

Proud of it. ;)

Reposting this from the Als game thread as it is more seasonal.

For context, I was wondering when the last time the Bombers trailed.  Then I had to do the work myself.

We were down 5-3 to the Elks until 3:20 left in the 2nd quarter on Oct 15.

Prior to that the only times they've trailed:

• we were down 3-0 for 8:01 at the end of the first quarter vs BC on Oct 1.
  • down 16-15 for 3:31 in the 3rd in  Edmonton on Sep 18
  • down 3-0 in the first for 7 min and down 9-6 in the 2nd for 1:40 against SK on Sep 11
  • down  8-7 for 9:42 in the third on Labour Day
  • See-saw game against Cgy on Aug 29.  Stamps had the largest lead of the game at 4 pts (13-9) in the 2nd/3rd quarters.
  • The loss to Toronto (Aug 21)  saw the Bombers with their largest deficit of the season - behind 13-0 for about 5 minutes at the end of the first/beginning of the 2nd
  • Trailed 6-0 for 7:23 in the 1st quarter of game 1 against Ham

The Als game was the first time we've been behind by a converted touchdown since game 3 on August 21.

On 2021-11-05 at 7:07 PM, Booch said:

I bounced around...lived in San Fran....just outside at St  Louis..Toronto..Winnipeg..back to Cali...then back here...people always ask why I came back here of all places...and I say of them all this was the best all around...and u need to live here to understand it.

Youde be surprised how many former Americans still are here from bomber teams...some under the radar I bet many had no clue...

Been to San Fran a number of times. The City By The Bay. Love it there but it's bloody expensive to live there. 

Edmonton is a special place to me. That was my almost 7 year Olds first not Kenora out of province vacation with me and the lady. Spent a week there and a 2 in Saskatoon because Driving and a few days in Banff  

Mall was Hella fun. This was 3 years ago now b4 pandemic and kindergarten started 

Fun times. They got elephants at the zoo. I would say Edmonton is like what Winnipeg properly built and with some vision could look like