2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

I roll my eyes at Jeff's ballot....I understand why Willie Jefferson is great, but by his standards, he had an average year. If you were going that route, I'd vote Jeffcoat over him all day. 

IMO this is Jefferson's best season, not statistically but in terms of overall play.  He's not a liability at all anymore.  Teams would run at him like crazy in Sask and in 2019 and he struggled quite often.  He's been all over it this year and I think he's really bought in since re-signing.  Way less freelancing, realized he doesn't have to swing for the fence every down.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

fwiw.........

I don't know.  Hard to not have the best QB on the league on the MOP ballot regardless of what anyone on D did.  There's a D award, MOP is basically best offensive player unless your O is really ass like Ottawa or Edmonton.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

that's fair....QB of the secondary deserves big consideration. 

Every one looks at how good we've been since collaros took over. But look how much better our d got when ba came back and moved to s. We went from a good d to an all time great d. If I could co modp ba and biggie I would. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Every one looks at how good we've been since collaros took over. But look how much better our d got when ba came back and moved to s. We went from a good d to an all time great d. If I could co modp ba and biggie I would. 

He's been great, but that move was big time addition by subtraction. Got rid of poopy Hecht and his undeserved inflated ego.

Do yourself a favour, do not check his twitter. The guy is dumber than he is slow. So glad he's not around this year.

Edited by WildPath

44 minutes ago, WildPath said:

He's been great, but that move was big time addition by subtraction. Got rid of poopy Hecht and his undeserved inflated ego.

Do yourself a favour, do not check his twitter. The guy is dumber than he is slow. So glad he's not around this year.

I remember watching him trying to 'coach up' some of the DBs during a 2019 loss to Hammy - when the explosion plays were clearly on him. 

20 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

It will be very hard for Leonard to beat Bighill out considering he wasn’t even our nominee for defensive player. 

Oops my bad....doesn't really matter what sacrificial lamb you guys were rolling out though. We have 5 D players this year that are more worthy than anyone on the Riders.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I would put zero stock into any of those. 

But, if he took less to go to Calgary he will soon regret it. If he doesn't already. 

I think that Hodge's definition of "CFL insider" is pretty loose. Probably heard some goof at 7-11 say it.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They signed Namaan Roosevelt but passed on Kenny Stafford. I'd have liked them to have signed Stafford to push Darvin Adams who has clearly lost either his edge or desire to play. He did score a TD last game but his head was in the clouds otherwise. No idea what's up with him.  They say he has a shoulder issue...

If you saw him going at it with Mtl #1 at near the end of that last game... he definitely hasn't lost his edge... maybe lost a step or two, which tends to happen as you get on the wrong side of 30...

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They signed Namaan Roosevelt but passed on Kenny Stafford. I'd have liked them to have signed Stafford to push Darvin Adams who has clearly lost either his edge or desire to play. He did score a TD last game but his head was in the clouds otherwise. No idea what's up with him.  They say he has a shoulder issue...

Stafford has been dumped by so many teams. They didn't like him here and I'm not sure why everyone would want a "me first" type guy back. 

58 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Or Adams has accepted his role as blocker/decoy and 4th or 5th target and is quietly going about his business as a leader and team player.

47 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Imagine thinking a mediocre journeyman receiver would've pushed a proven veteran receiver in a depth role.

Who is the proven guy? if you go back 3 years for success you find a whole lot of long gone or done proven guys. 

I dont think rosie was brought in to push adams though. Adams I dont think was very healthy at that point, demski got hurt and bailey was struggling. But since then Demski has been healthy, bailey has been a monster (I swear the day rosie arrived was the last day bailey struggled) and lawler has continued to be a monster. 

If rosie being here pushed even just bailey and got the best out of him, it was a great move. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Lol remember how many people thought Naaman came here to start? 

Not many at all?  Most people were unsure about Bailey and were not fans of McKnight and thought a veteran receiver who has played above average for his whole career would make a better option.      Bailey elevated his game so why not go with the younger cheaper option with potential upside?