2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The more I think about The Pick to win the Grey Cup, the more in awe I become. When you watch that play, the intelligence, athleticism & timing of that play with Deatrick Nichols deflecting the ball, Winston Rose having the presence of mind tto scoop the ball to Linebacker Kyies Wilson who cradled that ball like a newborn baby was probably a one in 10,000 play kinda thing.

In all my years watching football going back to 1965 & maybe even a bit before, I have never seen anything like that. It was the greatest play I have ever seen. That was our defense working together just like they have all year to win a championship at the most critical time. It wasn't one player making an exceptional play. It was 3 with the help of the other 9. 

The Bombers Mike Gray interception on the goal line in the 1988 Grey Cup, Joe Namath guaranteeing a New York Jets win in over the 3 TD favourite Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III. The Immaculate Reception by the Steeler's Franco Harris against the Oakland Raiders in the 1972 AFC Championship Game, Houston Oiler's RB Earl Campbell's exceptional run down the sidelines in 1978 on ABC MNF, Marcus Allen's reverse pivot for a 74 yard TD run in Super Bowl XVIII.  Hamilton Ti Cats Tony Champions outstretched Monster Catch for a TD in the 1989 Grey Cup (considered the greatest play in GC history), Well, move over Tony & everybody else as The Pick is now Number One as I see it. 

I don't have the year depth of some to go that far back but out of all the CFL interceptions I've ever seen,biases or not,this one was incredible and even more incredible that it ended the biggest game of the year.

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

I don't have the year depth of some to go that far back but out of all the CFL interceptions I've ever seen,biases or not,this one was incredible and even more incredible that it ended the biggest game of the year.

Exactly. The time, the place & the situation just made it such an incredible play. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Marcus Allen's reverse pivot for a 74 yard TD run in Super Bowl XVIII.  

I always get chills hearing his FB Todd Christiansen describe  it then the John Facenda call of it “On came Marcus Allen running with the night.”