Jump to content

2021 Blue Bombers Season


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I mean. Optics aren't great for Harris and Adams being out for the first practice. But truth be told neither need to practice and could still be a game time decision. No doubt in my mind O'Shea will say as much

Eh the rust factor is real. They both haven't played since the Grey Cup and had limited reps in tc. We have a new oc too. I don't think those guys will start this week. Even if they are 100 percent healthy they won't have reps or have shaken off the rust. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I have a hunch we will see neither this week, and at least one of them will not be back for game 2 either. Just a gut feeling, no intel to base it on. 

I think we will see one back soon ish. But I'm worried about Harris. 

42 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

 

I think this is an awful decision for them. 

I get the feeling that who ever loses is gonna turn it into the excuse bowl for their lose. And I don't think it's gonna be us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

 

So do we want to speculate at all? I think we all assumed hamstring or groin pull for Harris. What do we know about calf injuries? @Boochyou're our resident expert on this stuff.... Is calf better or worse situation than groin or hammy? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So do we want to speculate at all? I think we all assumed hamstring or groin pull for Harris. What do we know about calf injuries? @Boochyou're our resident expert on this stuff.... Is calf better or worse situation than groin or hammy? 

 Could be upper ankle sprain or plantar facia injury. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So do we want to speculate at all? I think we all assumed hamstring or groin pull for Harris. What do we know about calf injuries? @Boochyou're our resident expert on this stuff.... Is calf better or worse situation than groin or hammy? 

Posey has a calf injury and he's ruled out for the game. Ticats have a bunch in injuries right now;

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/01/bombers-ticats-provide-week-1-injury-reports/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

 

Ive read up a bit on Nichols. He's bounced around the NFL and was impressive in the XFL, but im really intrigued by DeAundre Alford. I can literally find nothing on him in the google machine. I wonder where they found him. Impressive that at 23 he was able to beat out the other 4526 DB's in camp, some much older and with seemingly more experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Wilson will be out, obviously Rocquemore will start at WIL. Antigha might be seeing some snaps there as he's the only one make sense to backup there. 
DT Sayles might be in to rotate in the middle of the the DL.

 

 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ive read up a bit on Nichols. He's bounced around the NFL and was impressive in the XFL, but im really intrigued by DeAundre Alford. I can literally find nothing on him in the google machine. I wonder where they found him. Impressive that at 23 he was able to beat out the other 4526 DB's in camp, some much older and with seemingly more experience.

This might help

https://www.tusculumpioneers.com/sports/fball/2019-20/bios/alford_dee_ir5h

 

Edited by M.O.A.B.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

 Can you link it I didn't see this. 

 I think our running game with this ol is gonna be good even when Harris misses. But the blocking and catching I worry about.

 I hope we see a bit more of demski running the ball too. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/3downnation.com/2021/07/31/tsn-analyst-matt-dunigan-ranks-his-top-three-current-cfl-quarterbacks/amp/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Thanks. It's a good read but I think Harris is well above Masoli. 

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I'm actually really excited for Nelson. I think he's going to be on the roster even if he's not the primary returner.

I kind of forgot that he can play defense and do kick coverage and everything. Having that versatility is very nice

Yeah he's a rare combo of a big play guy and an extremely versatile skill set. Should be fun if he's able to stay healthy.  

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Wilson will be out, obviously Rocquemore will start at WIL. Antigha might be seeing some snaps there as he's the only one make sense to backup there. 
DT Sayles might be in to rotate in the middle of the the DL.

 

 

This might help

https://www.tusculumpioneers.com/sports/fball/2019-20/bios/alford_dee_ir5h

 

https://www.tusculumpioneers.com/sports/fball/2019-20/bios/alford_dee_ir5h

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/dee-alford/

Dominant small d2 school db and return man. Tall thin and 4.4 speed. 

 We really seemed to dig deep through the position transition and small school pool. 

They seem really high on roc.  Could see a lot of reps or they could use that spot to rotate more ends etc. I think antigha probably rotates in packages because he can do soo much. 

Edited by wbbfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...