2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Who is the proven guy?

Adams. If Roosevelt wasn't able to replace him in any meaningful way, what chance would Stafford - a mediocre journeyman - have had? Absolutely none, IMO.

I also don't see the anything to demonstrate some correlation between Roosevelt's signing and the supposed improvement of the receiving corps. It seemed like an insurance signing and nothing more.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Not many at all?  Most people were unsure about Bailey and were not fans of McKnight and thought a veteran receiver who has played above average for his whole career would make a better option.      Bailey elevated his game so why not go with the younger cheaper option with potential upside?  

I remember the media and mos talking about how he'd be ready to play ldc/bjb. At that point our wr core was thin and banged up. And at that moment, it got a lot better. Thats also a point in time when harris came back and the play call got a lot better. 

It was a smart low risk high reward move. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Not many at all?  Most people were unsure about Bailey and were not fans of McKnight and thought a veteran receiver who has played above average for his whole career would make a better option.      Bailey elevated his game so why not go with the younger cheaper option with potential upside?  

That's just not true. Plenty of posters on here and even more people on Social media where continually asking when he'd get into the line up even after he had been here for a few weeks.

32 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Adams. If Roosevelt wasn't able to replace him in any meaningful way, what chance would Stafford - a mediocre journeyman - have had? Absolutely none, IMO.

I also don't see the anything to demonstrate some correlation between Roosevelt's signing and the supposed improvement of the receiving corps. It seemed like an insurance signing and nothing more.

Adams was a proven guy in 2018. He's 3 years removed from passing 550 yards receiving. Rosie had 1k in 2019, more than adams will have combined in 2 seasons. Lets be real with what "mediocre journeyman" means. Adams has 4900 yards in 7 years as a starter in the cfl, rosie has 4100 in 5. Adams has 5 years under 1k, with 3 under 600. Rosie has 3 1k and 2 under 600. 

They are different types of players, a former deep threat vs a possession wr. But on quality of pass catcher a lone they are neck and neck in their careers. If adams had spent his career with the riders and rosie here, you'd probably say rosie was the proven guy and adams the "mediocre journeymen."

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Adams was a proven guy in 2018. He's 3 years removed from passing 550 yards receiving. Rosie had 1k in 2019, more than adams will have combined in 2 seasons. Lets be real with what "mediocre journeyman" means. Adams has 4900 yards in 7 years as a starter in the cfl, rosie has 4100 in 5. Adams has 5 years under 1k, with 3 under 600. Rosie has 3 1k and 2 under 600. 

They are different types of players, a former deep threat vs a possession wr. But on quality of pass catcher a lone they are neck and neck in their careers. If adams had spent his career with the riders and rosie here, you'd probably say rosie was the proven guy and adams the "mediocre journeymen."

I believe he was calling Stafford the journeymen.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I believe he was calling Stafford the journeymen.

Yeah maybe, but really I think they are all in the same kind of tier. The only difference is adams and rosie have been on offenses where they became the defacto no1 wr. 

And ofc, adams blocks his @$$ off.  And Puts the Fit In in Fifo. 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

If a team is carrying a player on the basis of his past, patience will go only so far,

Teams do that stuff all the time. If you have an underperforming group, bring in a vet on the pr to push guys, no one wants to be the guy to sit and every one has their level of play go up a tick. 

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I didn't call Roosevelt a mediocre journeyman. I said Stafford is.

Imagine laugh reacting to another post but not actually understanding it.

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I didn't call Roosevelt a mediocre journeyman. I said Stafford is.

Imagine laugh reacting to another post but not actually understanding it.

Be almost as bright as thinking adams 2021 or in 19 was a shade of 2018, or that he's some how head a shoulders above rosie et al. 

11 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's just not true. Plenty of posters on here and even more people on Social media where continually asking when he'd get into the line up even after he had been here for a few weeks.

Continually asking?   Would that be an exaggeration of the truth?

People brought up about signing Roosevelt and then having him play instead of McKnight/Bailey.  But the moment he was signed Bailey started playing up to potential and I don't remember a single time from that moment on where anyone was DEMANDING on a REGULAR BASIS that we should bench him and put Roosevelt in.  

14 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Stafford is younger & he has experience. He'd have pushed Adams. Instead we signed a guy who couldn't crack the roster after being on the PR for at least 10 games. Stafford isn't spectacular but he has good hands. How can anyone write off a guy for being with too many teams when players sign 1 year deals & then go after the best deal in the off season? We'd be writing off 80% of the players in the CFL. That's the business model out there now with the CFL. 

All-time playoff records of the teams in the 108th Grey Cup playoffs:

• Winnipeg — 1936-2019: 64-52-2 (.551)
  • Saskatchewan — 1936-2019: 43-52-2 (.454)
  • Calgary — 1945-2019: 48-47-2 (.505)
  • Toronto — 1907-2019: 44-37-1 (.543)
  • Hamilton — 1950-2019: 44-47-1 (.484)
  • Montreal — 1946-86, 1996-2019: 37-34 (.521)

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stafford is younger & he has experience. He'd have pushed Adams. Instead we signed a guy who couldn't crack the roster after being on the PR for at least 10 games. 

Younger than who? Adams and Stafford are the same age. What leads you to think he'd have pushed Adams?

Considering Roosevelt couldn't crack the roster, I don't see what chance Stafford would've had (despite being two years younger and arguably inferior).

15 hours ago, Geebrr said:

All-time playoff records of the teams in the 108th Grey Cup playoffs:

• Winnipeg — 1936-2019: 64-52-2 (.551)
  • Saskatchewan — 1936-2019: 43-52-2 (.454)
  • Calgary — 1945-2019: 48-47-2 (.505)
  • Toronto — 1907-2019: 44-37-1 (.543)
  • Hamilton — 1950-2019: 44-47-1 (.484)
  • Montreal — 1946-86, 1996-2019: 37-34 (.521)

What are the playoff records of the teams who didn't make the playoffs.