When does the bowman experiment end? (Bowman traded to Montreal)

wbbfan

28 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Cheerleaders and Smoked Meat sandwiches for the next trade.

itll be like that northern league trade back in the early 2ks where a guy was traded for beer. 

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If Montreal throws to Bowman early and often and puts up with his drops, he can be an asset. We didn't use him that way.

they havent made use of the guys they have so i dont put much faith in it. 

55 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:
From the Coach's Show it sounds like O'Shea will be holding auditions to replace Bowman, he mentioned Lankford, Thompkins, Washington and Simonese.  No mention of Petermann and doesn't sound like he would consider Flanders as a replacement as he's too similar in style to Demski and Harris.

I think petermann is playing a different position though its probably an over look.

Lankford is a fear for me. Though id take him over bowman, id rather play couture at TE full time. Id rather play wade at TE full time actually. 

I suspect of thompkins/washington doesnt pan out we will see the air lifts begin early. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:
From the Coach's Show it sounds like O'Shea will be holding auditions to replace Bowman, he mentioned Lankford, Thompkins, Washington and Simonese.  No mention of Petermann and doesn't sound like he would consider Flanders as a replacement as he's too similar in style to Demski and Harris.

If he's healthy which he is I'd bet its Flanders coming in. 

45 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

When I'm wrong I say it. Heck, it's even some idiots tag line around here. 

I'm said Idiot.

I have it in my signature to remind me that you are not a voluntarily obtuse assclown-troll who posts in a manner akin to a snide-ass backhand complimenting, fact denying, finger-in-ear shouting, dumb cluck. 

It's there to remind me that you are human and a bit steadfast in your own convictions with your own take on facts. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I'm said Idiot.

I have it in my signature to remind me that you are not a voluntarily obtuse assclown-troll who posts in a manner akin to a snide-ass backhand complimenting, fact denying, finger-in-ear shouting, dumb cluck. 

It's there to remind me that you are human and a bit steadfast in your own convictions with your own take on facts. 

You sir, are my hero and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I'm said Idiot.

It's there to remind me that you are human and a bit steadfast in your own convictions. 

Yup the idiot is still you and this post proves it. Full of crap. None of it true. There is no time that I complimented you in any way shape or form. I deny opinions, not facts, but you don't seem to know the difference between the two. Putting one's fingers in their ears so they can't read doesn't make any sense. A joke I guess, but if you have to guess, it's obviously not funny. At least I don't call you an assclown-troll or a dumb cluck. I just think it.

Well, for one thing, it would help us to totally forget those years when we could only utilize 1 to 1 & a 1/2 receivers.

Also, it’s a Canadian thing to go along with the Winnipeg thing we have going with Demski, Harris LaFrance etc.

And the 3 Canadians in charge of the Club. 

It would be Winnipeg  unique...

9 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, for one thing, it would help us to totally forget those years when we could only utilize 1 to 1 & a 1/2 receivers.

Also, it’s a Canadian thing to go along with the Winnipeg thing we have going with Demski, Harris LaFrance etc.

And the 3 Canadians in charge of the Club. 

It would be Winnipeg  unique...

Cool- but does it give us a better shot at a "W"?

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

starting 3 Canadian receivers serves no point unless we needed to get another American on defense...and we don't need to be doing that.

All it does is make us a weaker offence

How does it make us weaker?  Lafrance, peterman and Augustine have all shown they can play

cant actually get weaker than 6 catches for 96 yards or whatever it was - and Lankford is probably the next man up

3 quality NI Rec gives us a ton of options 

We don't have the depth to start three Canadian receivers. If we had a healthy Matt Coates it's something I would be willing to consider, but having Peterman back up three guys doesn't sound great.

I really hope we don't replace Bowman with Lankford. That's a sideways move if I've ever heard of one.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

How does it make us weaker?  Lafrance, peterman and Augustine have all shown they can play

cant actually get weaker than 6 catches for 96 yards or whatever it was - and Lankford is probably the next man up

3 quality NI Rec gives us a ton of options 

Don't base an import position's production based on the previous player. Throw what Bowman did out the window. A Tompkins or Washington...heck even a Lankford over the long haul will be far more productive and garner far more attention from a defense than a Lafrance..Augustine (both of whom aren't receiver options)..Peterman or a Simonese...tho a Simonese on the rail would be the best route to take if you went 3 Canucks.

Playing 2 rookie Canadians with Demski makes us weaker....and thats not even debatable...also...you just lost your depth if one gets hurt...and as the old adage goes...every rookie you start you are going to lose a game...so with Sayles..Cooper..Streveler already having started thats our 3 losses..we don't need the extra couple in a tough west division :)

Peterman and Simonese ...and really Lafrance havn't proven jack yet so not sure why that would be considered an upgrade. And honestly I think Augustine is a better back than Lafrance...but thats just my opinion

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

Don't base an import position's production based on the previous player. Throw what Bowman did out the window. A Tompkins or Washington...heck even a Lankford over the long haul will be far more productive and garner far more attention from a defense than a Lafrance..Augustine (both of whom aren't receiver options)..Peterman or a Simonese...tho a Simonese on the rail would be the best route to take if you went 3 Canucks.

Playing 2 rookie Canadians with Demski makes us weaker....and thats not even debatable...also...you just lost your depth if one gets hurt...and as the old adage goes...every rookie you start you are going to lose a game...so with Sayles..Cooper..Streveler already having started thats our 3 losses..we don't need the extra couple in a tough west division :)

Peterman and Simonese ...and really Lafrance havn't proven jack yet so not sure why that would be considered an upgrade. And honestly I think Augustine is a better back than Lafrance...but thats just my opinion

Lafrance played well from what I’ve seen... peterman has made some key catches - not much point having 8 NI Rec/RB on roster/IR and not trying them out 

I see nothing to lose and everything to gain for at least a couple games

Adams-dressler-demski-wolitarsky-peterman

simonise and Flanders as backups

I actually don’t see our import depth at REC - much bigger problem than NI 

I don’t think anybody is saying we should go with 3 NIs as receivers, but the point is we could do it for the first time in..yikes.

Replacing Bowman will not be difficult, it’s the decision whom to go with that may be difficult for some of us to accept. We’ve seen, partly what Lankford can do but most of us are looking for the excitement of what a Washington or a Thompkins can bring to the field..another option in this potent offence.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Lafrance played well from what I’ve seen... peterman has made some key catches - not much point having 8 NI Rec/RB on roster/IR and not trying them out 

I see nothing to lose and everything to gain for at least a couple games

Adams-dressler-demski-wolitarsky-peterman

simonise and Flanders as backups

I actually don’t see our import depth at REC - much bigger problem than NI 

I am not sure that Dressler poses the same threat to opposing defences as he has in previous years,  or if he is, he hasn't shown it this year.

19 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If Montreal throws to Bowman early and often and puts up with his drops, he can be an asset. We didn't use him that way.

you mean like throwing to him once, and then avoiding the rest of the game because he dropped one?  or when you finally do go to him, throw it well behind and low so he has to go to the turf to actually catch it.... if Nichols could hit someone in stride instead of standing still or coming back to the ball, maybe the passing game would be more effective!