Training Camp 2018

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

I did not say anyone should take my opinion as gospel lmao. I disagreed about Thera-Plamondon and was attacked for it by people who couldn't have even attended practice. I don't care if you disagree with me and have your own info to back it up but to say i'm flat out wrong and have absolutely 0 evidence to back it up except from some tweet from Eric M is a joke.

Sigh. You can’t let it go eh? First of all, let me make this clear. Eric M made a rather innocent statement, and quite a mild one I might add. Inform me how “quietly solid” is an overstatement.

“quietly solid” does not boast or brag or predict great things. It’s a rather ‘safe’ statement. When you said he was overstating it, yes, I did question it even though I’m not of this planet. Tell me, why would you take offence to that? I simply referred to Mr M’s phraseology.

My location has nothing to do with it.

And who said you were flat out wrong?

Methinks you’re overreacting. 

Can I say that from Kelowna?

39 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Sigh. You can’t let it go eh? First of all, let me make this clear. Eric M made a rather innocent statement, and quite a mild one I might add. Inform me how “quietly solid” is an overstatement.

“quietly solid” does not boast or brag or predict great things. It’s a rather ‘safe’ statement. When you said he was overstating it, yes, I did question it even though I’m not of this planet. Tell me, why would you take offence to that? I simply referred to Mr M’s phraseology.

My location has nothing to do with it.

And who said you were flat out wrong?

Methinks you’re overreacting. 

Can I say that from Kelowna?

I merely said I do not believe he is "quietly solid" and you proceeded to attack me. Now, the fact that you're in Kelowna tells me there is absolutely no way you could have seen the practice as it was not televised nor was there even recording allowed for the most part. Does quietly solid mean, never going to start a game for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at reciever unless we are ravaged by injury? Solid special teamer? I don't know.

Do you understand now.

Edited by Gotmilt

We’re not talking about only one practice though. We’re talking about building a strong showing. You know a solid foundation.

Quietly would indicate without fanfare and recognition. 

It’s still nice to hear a positive camp report about a player who does not receive much pen work. 

That is my only point. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

We’re not talking about only one practice though. We’re talking about building a strong showing. You know a solid foundation.

Quietly would indicate without fanfare and recognition. 

It’s still nice to hear a positive camp report about a player who does not receive much pen work. 

That is my only point. 

Ok my apologies, should be on the same page now. I’ve been to two practices and I agree he’s going to probably be decent depth behind Wolitarski and Simonise as we’ll likely keep him due to his ability to long snap. 

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Damn... I think I went to school with this guy... Who is this Garrett Billian?

Guy who got pissed off that we didn't throw a ticker tape parade for his training camp and practise reports... but the thing is a lot of time he was simply flat out wrong in his reports and took issue with people disagreeing with him. For example the one time I was able to get to some training camp I recall reading his report from camp and it was completely different from what I had seen, and most other people were in agreement with the impressions I came away with, but some people just can't accept that they might be wrong and get defensive because of it. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Guy who got pissed off that we didn't throw a ticker tape parade for his training camp and practise reports... but the thing is a lot of time he was simply flat out wrong in his reports and took issue with people disagreeing with him. For example the one time I was able to get to some training camp I recall reading his report from camp and it was completely different from what I had seen, and most other people were in agreement with the impressions I came away with, but some people just can't accept that they might be wrong and get defensive because of it. 

Was that the guy that claimed to be at camp and we could meet him as he was in the “white top”? 

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's too bad- from I what I remember, he was a good egg back in high school.

10 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Agree with keeping JSK and Wilson. However, if they can keep Wild in any way, shape, or form, they will. The guy is good on special teams, has played all LB positions, and according to Darrin Bauming is a great leader in the locker room. (It sounds like he is future coach material).

Has Wilson looked better than highly touted Quentin Gause?

Looks better in my opinion due to his yr of being here and knowing the Canadian game better...whereas Gause is learning on the fly...Gause tho has more talent if you ask me tho and I highly expect him to be put on the PR at end of camp

1 minute ago, Gotmilt said:

It looks like it'll be Fenner-Bighill-JSK/Wilson.

They must PR Wilson...  I can't see Wild not being there as a 'glue guy'

So basically the question now is:

Field HB and possibly CB - I'd assume CB is Alexander/Gaitor - who's been playing HB

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Field HB and possibly CB - I'd assume CB is Alexander/Gaitor - who's been playing HB

That's fair, there's no way Wilson doesn't stick around in some capacity imo. 

Saw a lot of Fogg, and Gaitor but we have a lot of competition at all DB positions aside from Randall.

Edited by Gotmilt

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Judging by camp reports, the starting lineup on D (spots with multiple names indicate that the first-team D has seen multiple players in those spots):

BCB: Randle
BHB: Gaitor
S: Loffler
FHB: Fogg, Walker, Sayles
FCB: Alexander, Cooper

WLB: JSK, Wilson
MLB: Bighill
SLB: Fenner

DE: Roh, Okpalaugo
DT: Johnson
DT: Nevis
DE: Jeffcoat