Talks with Mulumba

Booch

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

No but I have a very long memory regarding people who crap on us

How exactly did he crap on the Bombers? Yeah, I'm as salty as the next fan about his 2015 CFL Return Tour, but he didn't crap on anyone. He looked out for his best interests and went with the highest bidder.

That being said, the Bombers should've done a better job luring him here last season. That's not on Muamba, though.

21 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Ya he essentially blew us off.. didn't even factor into the equation as an option for him to land here if memory serves.

what I remember is Walters talked with them about what they were asking for, and the $$$ was a total non-starter for us, so we said "thanks but no thanks..."

Just now, Noeller said:

what I remember is Walters talked with them about what they were asking for, and the $$$ was a total non-starter for us, so we said "thanks but no thanks..."

ya that actually triggers something in my brains.  he was priced out of our range. I recall thinking how bad that was, to let him walk over like 20k I thought it was.. maybe more.  regardless, next to Singleton, he is the best canadian MLB in the league.. probably top 3-4 in general in the league.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

ya that actually triggers something in my brains.  he was priced out of our range. I recall thinking how bad that was, to let him walk over like 20k I thought it was.. maybe more.  regardless, next to Singleton, he is the best canadian MLB in the league.. probably top 3-4 in general in the league.

Not sure about that. Not even top 5 in tackles. But as Canucks go, his 93 tackles in 17 games ranked #8 overall might be better than Hurl's 65 tackles in 18 games ranked 18th overall.

tackles.png

So, Walters & O'Shea were talking about how Muamba & Mulamba have given them the cold shoulder. Conversation went something like this:

Walters: Been around the world & I... I... I...

And we been playa hated.

O'Shea:   Why?

Walters:  I don't know & I don't know why

Why they want us faded

Walters:  Is it our ladies or drop Mercedes?

Baby, baby.

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

It took Henoc a long time to get back to his previous form, he wasn't all that good with the Als nor last year with the Riders.  It looks to me as if he's dropped at least 20 lbs. from his NFL weight.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think it just had more to do with re-adjusting to his weight and CFL game play... he was always a great player, just took some time to get back into CFL mode...

His weight was definitely an issue going into TC this past spring, and his head coach even said as much: http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/muamba-addresses-weight-issues-with-riders

Muamba, the Riders’ starting middle linebacker and linchpin of the defence, gained 14 pounds during the CFL off-season. Chris Jones, the Riders’ head coach and general manager, wasn’t happy that a heavier Muamba arrived at training camp.

Muamba addressed the extra weight during the Riders’ three-week training camp and had dropped 11 pounds entering Thursday’s regular-season opener against the host Montreal Alouettes.

He had packed on some meat for his two NFL stints and needed to shed it to return to his CFL form.

Muamba's a talented MLB, something this team needs. I'd hate to see him play in a Riders jersey again.

18 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How exactly did he crap on the Bombers? Yeah, I'm as salty as the next fan about his 2015 CFL Return Tour, but he didn't crap on anyone. He looked out for his best interests and went with the highest bidder.

That being said, the Bombers should've done a better job luring him here last season. That's not on Muamba, though.

Just maybe....maybe... that bridge is burnt...Let's see....wined and dined his family so he would sign here....most likely took on his brother when no one else would...Took off as fast as he could to the NFL and flunked, then proceeded to sign on with the Als. ( who dumped him) after touring every other club and gave the Bombers short shrift on his return ....Yeah I really want this guy back on our club lol...Are we that desperate?? I know Hurl isn't the answer but c'mon let's find better.

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Just maybe....maybe... that bridge is burnt...Let's see....wined and dined his family so he would sign here....most likely took on his brother when no one else would...Took off as fast as he could to the NFL and flunked, then proceeded to sign on with the Als. ( who dumped him) after touring every other club and gave the Bombers short shrift on his return ....Yeah I really want this guy back on our club lol...Are we that desperate?? I know Hurl isn't the answer but c'mon let's find better.

Wined and dined his family?

Took on his brother, who later went on to become a GC champ with Edmonton (and actually didn't look bad there).

He didn't give the Bombers any short shrift. I'm not sure why you're pushing this false narrative.

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

An impactful, experienced NI middle linebacker?  If we're committed to starting a Canadian at that position (and I'm not convinced that it's the BEST use of the ratio) then we'd be hard pressed to find someone better.  

I'll never begrudge *any* player for trying to maximize their earning potential.  Careers, especially in the CFL, are short and when weighed against the cost of real, long term health concerns .. every dollar means something.

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah, this is some seriously clueless nonsense. Get a grip on reality. You clearly hate the guy for taking a better opportunity down south, but remove emotion from the equation and don't be blind about it.

It isn't like the dumpster this team was back in 2013 helped anything as far as retaining talent, either. But you go ahead and blame him for doing what he felt was best. He went to the NFL for two seasons, made some money, and it didn't work out. Then he returned to CFL and while I don't agree with the way he went around touring the league, he was a highly prized homegrown talent and teams bid on him. Why you begrudge him for that is absurd. And tell me this: who's a better free agent NAT MLB out there right now?

As for the team signing his brother, you'd have a point... except for the fact the Eskimos picked up him the following season, and have had him on their roster ever since. So, try again.

I suppose by your hopelessly dumb logic, any player who gets interest from the NFL has burned bridges with respective CFL team who lets him go. With that shitty perspective, it's a good thing you get no say in personnel decisions and we just have to put up with you flapping your proverbial gums on this forum.

Edited by blue_gold_84
added free agent