Talks with Mulumba

Booch

33 minutes ago, Judd said:

What! How come no one informed my secretary?! I could have swore that he signed through 2018! 

The memo went out. Meetings were called. You may want to check your inbox and audit your processes.

Of course, we're relying on the Riderfan site, which is convinced that there is a league-wide conspiracy against them, so......

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, this is some seriously clueless nonsense. Get a grip on reality. You clearly hate the guy for taking a better opportunity down south, but remove emotion from the equation and don't be blind about it.

It isn't like the dumpster this team was back in 2013 helped anything as far as retaining talent, either. But you go ahead and blame him for doing what he felt was best. He went to the NFL for two seasons, made some money, and it didn't work out. Then he returned to CFL and while I don't agree with the way he went around touring the league, he was a highly prized homegrown talent and teams bid on him. Why you begrudge him for that is absurd. And tell me this: who's a better free agent NAT MLB out there right now?

As for the team signing his brother, you'd have a point... except for the fact the Eskimos picked up him the following season, and have had him on their roster ever since. So, try again.

I suppose by your hopelessly dumb logic, any player who gets interest from the NFL has burned bridges with respective CFL team who lets him go. With that shitty perspective, it's a good thing you get no say in personnel decisions and we just have to put up with you flapping your proverbial gums on this forum.

How the hell don't you get the guy doesn't want to be here...IF he says he's interested in moving along he will be using us (along with anybody else who'll  bid for his services) as a bargaining chip to extract a few more bucks out of Jones....Get over it...the guy ain't coming back as long as O'Shea and Walters are running things around here...And talking about proverbial gums...what's that diarrhea your spewing...You want to have a decent conversation drop the bull$hit personal attacks...I know you'll get that. 

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

How the hell don't you get the guy doesn't want to be here...IF he says he's interested in moving along he will be using us (along with anybody else who'll  bid for his services) as a bargaining chip to extract a few more bucks out of Jones....Get over it...the guy ain't coming back as long as O'Shea and Walters are running things around here...And talking about proverbial gums...what's that diarrhea your spewing...You want to have a decent conversation drop the bull$hit personal attacks...I know you'll get that. 

Please provide evidence to support ANY of your claims.

15 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It took Henoc a long time to get back to his previous form, he wasn't all that good with the Als nor last year with the Riders.  It looks to me as if he's dropped at least 20 lbs. from his NFL weight.

that was his biggest issue when he came back, I agree.. he was too heavy.  In the last half of the season, he looks like he rounded back into pretty good imo.

16 hours ago, J5V said:

Not sure about that. Not even top 5 in tackles. But as Canucks go, his 93 tackles in 17 games ranked #8 overall might be better than Hurl's 65 tackles in 18 games ranked 18th overall.

tackles.png

He wasn't steady at all in Montreal or to begin over at the flatbillies... but I think in the back half of this season, he rounded back into his previous, pretty solid form.

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

He wasn't steady at all in Montreal or to begin over at the flatbillies... but I think in the back half of this season, he rounded back into his previous, pretty solid form.

That's fair. Kinda pricey at North of 200k though.

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

He can't help himself and you can't teach class. He makes some good posts at times. Best just to ignore him when he's being an ass. Don' t want to throw baby out with the bathwater. :lol:

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Please provide evidence to support ANY of your claims.

I think it's quite obvious, considering his actions of the past he has no interest here...Kinda like beating a dead horse.....Now if we're talking Mulumba...that's a whole nother little of fish...I still think we have a shot with this guy.

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think it's quite obvious, considering his actions of the past he has no interest here...Kinda like beating a dead horse.....Now if we're talking Mulumba...that's a whole nother little of fish...I still think we have a shot with this guy.

"...his actions..."

Which actions have made it quite obvious that Muamba does not want to play in Winnipeg?

And yes, I'm serious. I have no idea what Muamba has done to say that he does or doesn't want to be here. Going for the largest contract is not evidence one way or the other.

17 minutes ago, J5V said:

That's fair. Kinda pricey at North of 200k though.

that is true.  I would be scared away by that if we didn't see what a piss-poor canuck MLB is versus having Muamba in there instead.  Now, this is all a moo point if we didn't want to stick with canadian at MLB.. which id be fine with as well. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

"...his actions..."

Which actions have made it quite obvious that Muamba does not want to play in Winnipeg?

And yes, I'm serious. I have no idea what Muamba has done to say that he does or doesn't want to be here. Going for the largest contract is not evidence one way or the other.

very true.  cannot fault a guy looking for a bigger paycheque just because we didn't offer it to him.. thats on us, not on him..

I will say, he didn't deserve the big cheque straight out of NFL.. he was slow and not very good right off the hop.. Now?  I'd throw 200k at him for sure. 

4 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

that is true.  I would be scared away by that if we didn't see what a piss-poor canuck MLB is versus having Muamba in there instead.  Now, this is all a moo point if we didn't want to stick with canadian at MLB.. which id be fine with as well. 

I still don't get how Jones is able to sign all these players at top dollar and not be over the cap. 

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

very true.  cannot fault a guy looking for a bigger paycheque just because we didn't offer it to him.. thats on us, not on him..

I will say, he didn't deserve the big cheque straight out of NFL.. he was slow and not very good right off the hop.. Now?  I'd throw 200k at him for sure. 

I would say he didn't earn the money he got from Montreal but it's not at all surprising that they gave it to him. We would have been happy to pay him 200k/year when he left.

Checked the Sask. website on fa's....Muamba is not on it....Did some crap disturber con us into a b.s.  argument...lol It's all moot, and we've been had...

Now regarding MULUMBA....IF we make him a solid offer, I don't see any reason...other than retirement, that he wouldn't accept...I hope we go after him hard and make a pretty decent defensive line that much better..(Hurl excluded)...Get it done Kyle.

2 hours ago, Judd said:

What! How come no one informed my secretary?! I could have swore that he signed through 2018! 

Henoc Muamba signed a 3 year 600k contract. He is not a pending FA. This year's salary is reported to be a whopping 225k. For that price, the Riders can have him. There is an article about what players they have signed on Riderville.

Edited by gcn11