OTTAWA REDBLACKS @ TORONTO

Mr Dee

Ottawa at Toronto Game Notes

Previous meeting - Toronto 26-25 over Ottawa in week 3

The defensive unit got after Trevor Harris all night, combining for five sacks and five pressures while holding the Redblacks pivot to a season-low 59.0 QUAR rating.

Heading into Week Five of CFL action, Argos QB Ricky Ray leads the CFL with 1,529 passing yards and four touchdowns on 116-of-173 passing (67.1%).

• Through four games, the Argos defence has allowed a league low five total touchdowns and another league-best 5.3 yards per offensive play

*Ottawa is 3rd in total points scored while Toronto is 8th.

*Ottawa is 1st in passing yards - Toronto is 4th

*Toronto is 2nd in total points allowed - Ottawa is 9th

Toronto is 1st in sacks - Ottawa is 4th

Ottawa has allowed 10 sacks - Toronto 11

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

She slowed the anthem down a lot. Thought she was going to grind to a stop. worst anthem rendition ever. this includes all countries.

If they want to get young people down there, get some local music star to sing the thing.

Edited by Mark F

12 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Mike Clemons' wife personalized the lyrics to the Candian Anthem tonight.  Mike had a concerned look on his face.

Yeah..... I think rule number one for any anthem anywhere is to not change the lyrics. Do all the slowing down, speeding up etc you want but just leave the extra words out please!

38 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Mike Clemons' wife personalized the lyrics to the Candian Anthem tonight.  Mike had a concerned look on his face.

His face was priceless,   the anthem wasn't that bad.  Her voice was off key and the ad libs seemed really out of place and not very smoothly added to the song.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

She slowed the anthem down a lot. Thought she was going to grind to a stop. worst anthem rendition ever. this includes all countries.

If they want to get young people down there, get some local music star to sing the thing.

No, the lounge lizard in Vegas did the worst rendition.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

His face was priceless,   the anthem wasn't that bad.  Her voice was off key and the ad libs seemed really out of place and not very smoothly added to the song.

I liked the part where she referred to "my Canada". I've heard way worse- Roseanne Barr's mangling of the US anthem is as bad as it could possibly get. With a crotch grab thrown in for good measure.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Three games in 11 days for the RedBlacks. What a crazy schedule. Player safety should be first priority although the Argos seemed to get the short end of the stick with injuries. Not surprised Ottawa lost.

Ottawa got a terrible schedule. Both bye weeks in the last 3 weeks (week 18, 20), 3 games in 11 games now. To me whichever team gets the 2 games in a week due to 9 teams should have a bye the following week.

Edited by brett_c_b

4 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

Ottawa got a terrible schedule. Both bye weeks in the last 3 weeks (week 18, 20), 3 games in 11 games now. To me whichever team gets the 2 games in a week due to 9 teams should have a bye the following week.

Yeah it's a weird one... but Ottawa is also on bye this week, technically.

4 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

They play 13 out of 18 games in the same time zone with minimal travel.  Teams in the West aren't crying the blues for them.