3 stars + HH first game

wbbfan

1 Dressler. 6-124 2 tds 20.7 ypc 1 carry for 22 yards. Early when the offense struggled he was still very good. When it opened up he was all world. 

2 Medlock. 5/5 on field goals including game winner. 45+ yards per punt and 65 on kick offs. Early when the offense struggled we kept field position reasonable with great kicking and great teams. 

3 Nichols. 23/36 331 4 tds 1 pick. Another slow start for the offense. Un characteristically struggled late in the game. But between that he was on fire. If he played like that the whole game he would have put up 8 tds. 

hh Some really big plays and hits. Corney had a huge hit on glenn on a shovel pass. But im going with knox. Who had 2 bone rattling hits on teams. The "rko" as some one dubbed it in chat was the kind of hit on teams you dont see too often. Flew in out of position and destroyed the riders return man. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Hurl was so great and was so intimidating that they only ran the ball 7 times.

Grant apparently gets credit for 1 rush at 10 yards,  but yeah 7 attempts for 11 yards by Marshall (1.6 yard average)  I haven't seen that kind of run stoppage since the great Ricky Williams got schooled at Canad Inns

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

1. Dressler 

2. Adams 

3. Medlock and special teams in general

Honorable mention to the refs ans the cmon center for trying their best to help out the riders. 

I could not believe they ruled Grant's fumble an incomplete pass, especially after the controversial call they made in the Stamps/RB's game, zero consistency.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Hurl snuffed out a ton of screens by being on the right side of the ball and taking on blocks, only a couple tackles on them but huge plays that Bass really struggled with last season just chasing the ball and not playing the position on defense to be sure the guy gets on the turf by anyone wearing blue and gold.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Mike Miller 5 special teams tackles.

was he the one to recover the fumble as well a few mins into the 3rd to set up that easy to dressler?

I think the real only DB that struggled today, and struggled badly was Carmichael,  but as I said in the babble chat,  he was only playing because Johnson was hurt. Once B Johnson returns I don't expect the roc to see the field anymore

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

was he the one to recover the fumble as well a few mins into the 3rd to set up that easy to dressler?

I think the real only DB that struggled today, and struggled badly was Carmichael,  but as I said in the babble chat,  he was only playing because Johnson was hurt. Once B Johnson returns I don't expect the roc to see the field anymore

Rookie playing one of the hardest positions on the field. Wasn't it Marsh that Stegall scored 5 Tds against? Lol. Just saying it's hard to write someone off after 1 game

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Loffler had some struggles in coverage, but he's kind of playing a hybrid WIL/SAM/S with Wild and Leggett.

Just now, BBlink said:

Rookie playing one of the hardest positions on the field. Wasn't it Marsh that Stegall scored 5 Tds against? Lol. Just saying it's hard to write someone off after 1 game

True,  but the only reason he was playing was because Johnson was hurt. I was actually surprised Fogg wasn't ahead of him, but I guess maybe because he was pegged to do returns, they wanted both positions played with fresh legs.  In anycase if Carmichael is starting next week,  I expect Mitchell to pick on him as well

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

You can say what you want about the riders but their receiving group is very good. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If we play the same way next week, Calgary is going to straight up rape us on O and D. Was super ugly against a BAD Riders depth chart. I'll take the win, but man we made a shitty team look way better than they are. 

At the same time it was our first game... Their 2nd.. We had 10 yards after the first quarter.. Only really showed up for the 2nd half and still beat them. Our O can compete with Anyone. Our D needs to play more aggressive. 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think this game needs to be dubbed the "Bruce Johnson Appreciation Night" for all the haters out there.