Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Walters said recently D. Jones is Loffler's backup.  I can't see them gambling on Conteh playing this year. 

must have missed that interview. Didn't realize Jones will be heading into his 4th season with the Bombers. had a nice year on teamers last year with 7 tackles and 2 blocked punts

I'm guessing that in the event Loffler goes down, D. Jones will get a shot and if he can't cut it or gets injured they will move an American (Leggett?) to safety and start a Canadian elsewhere.  Conteh and Branning will be strictly developmental and/or special teams.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

must have missed that interview. Didn't realize Jones will be heading into his 4th season with the Bombers. had a nice year on teamers last year with 7 tackles and 2 blocked punts

Yah, but I can't recall him ever playing Safety.  I think if Loffler goes down, Jones still goes to field corner.

Hindsight is always 20/20. 

Bombers have different situation then, Canadian content is shallow and we need players who can be with the team.  They don't have luxury of waiting for players who they thought might be in the NFL. Iirc, Waud and Durant has NFL invites then.

The way I see this, it's Conteh and Branning (he will be in TC, per Walters) - for Sherman and Morgan.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

What was the deal on Sherman,  did we just not resign him at FA or or did we outright release him? I thought he was a decent player. Nothing crazy spectacular but a solid contributor on teams and adequate NI depth in the secondary

Big League Teague was not re-signed at FA......shame. Liked the kid...

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

What was the deal on Sherman,  did we just not resign him at FA or oe did we outright release him? I thought he was a decent player. Nothing crazy spectacular but a solid contributor on teams and adequate NI depth in the secondary

Did not re-sign him.

Bad teams have room for major improvements all over the roster.  Good teams usually only can get better in small increments.  The Bombers are finally in a situation where all positions don't need major overhauls.  Also known as having a good problem.

Morgan apparently is a guy that they were able to upgrade slightly by getting Conteh & Branning.  Only 21 Canucks on the roster.  Won't have room for everyone; can't keep everyone.  Good luck to Morgan; no doubt the Riders will sign him later today.

8 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Did not re-sign him.

Bad teams have room for major improvements all over the roster.  Good teams usually only can get better in small increments.  The Bombers are finally in a situation where all positions don't need major overhauls.  Also known as having a good problem.

Morgan apparently is a guy that they were able to upgrade slightly by getting Conteh & Branning.  Only 21 Canucks on the roster.  Won't have room for everyone; can't keep everyone.  Good luck to Morgan; no doubt the Riders will sign him later today.

Hold the horses, Tonto.  It's a little too early to determine that.

Morgan and Richards picks are not 'Hindsight 20/20'... it was clear that they were off the board 'over-thinking' picks at the time.

Waud would have been a huge upgrade to this team - I still blame Bellefuile for the Richards pick.  

Morgan is a bit more forgivable because talent was drying up quick... but Huff picking Durant while everyone else over-analyzed things.

A bit surprised that Walters couldn't package Morgan for someone... maybe like a NI REC from Toronto - they have razor thin depth at NI DB/LB

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Morgan and Richards picks are not 'Hindsight 20/20'... it was clear that they were off the board 'over-thinking' picks at the time.

Waud would have been a huge upgrade to this team - I still blame Bellefuile for the Richards pick.  

Richards was ranked 12th in the final rankings of Central Scouting. I wouldn't consider that "off the board". 

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Just read that thread about Ekakitie's contract on RF.    What a bunch of corn.   Some of these Jones supporters sound suspiciously like Trump acolytes. 

I was thinking the EXACT same thing today.....with Rod Pedersen being.....Paul Ryan, maybe?

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Just read that thread about Ekakitie's contract on RF.    What a bunch of corn.   Some of these Jones supporters sound suspiciously like Trump acolytes. 

Hilarious how they'll lap up Dunk's information when it doesn't involve their team but when it does, he's a crap-disturber and a hack. :lol:

Absolutely comical.