Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

If Apodaca actually becomes something, I'm just putting it out there that we're only accepting: Avocado, Alpaca or, for you SNL fans, AppleDap....

Somewhere Rod Black is shaking his head and hoping he will not mention this guy's name on TV 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Except that's not funny, and if it's not funny, what's the point? And by funny, I mean it must reference Simpsons, Family Guy or SNL in some way...... :)

Oh kay....I'm gonna call you out....How do other guys suggestions meet the Simpson's etc. criteria...and you shoot mine down...boooo

Just funnin' with ya Noeller soooooo I'm going to refer to the kid as a nag  and you can make him up to be a cartoon...It's all good....However this may all be mute as he may not be around town long enough to have a cup of coffee

Edited by Stickem

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet...

Dunk wrote about Ekakitie's contract details: http://3downnation.com/2017/05/16/first-overall-pick-2017-cfl-draft-gets-healthy-raise/

$88,000 base this year, could hit $100,000 if he hits all incentives. Closer to $110k and $120k in years two and three with incentives. 

If he hits all the incentives (ie all-star status), it'll be a great deal. 

14 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet...

Dunk wrote about Ekakitie's contract details: http://3downnation.com/2017/05/16/first-overall-pick-2017-cfl-draft-gets-healthy-raise/

$88,000 base this year, could hit $100,000 if he hits all incentives. Closer to $110k and $120k in years two and three with incentives. 

If he hits all the incentives (ie all-star status), it'll be a great deal. 

Oh well, it is big news over on the Riders forum.  According to some of them sheep-luvin yahoos, with this one contract Walters literally screwed up everything  Jones accomplished last year in re-setting the salary cap league-wide for first round picks.  It's an unbelievable travesty of unfathomable proportions.

It's also revisionist history.  Had St.John accepted the Riders initial offer, his contract would have been right in line with the other 1st overall picks.  Jones was perfectly fine with the going rate until Hardaway did his usual shtick.

35 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

It's also revisionist history.  Had St.John accepted the Riders initial offer, his contract would have been right in line with the other 1st overall picks.  Jones was perfectly fine with the going rate until Hardaway did his usual shtick.

The total amounts of the contracts are apparently almost exactly the same. The only real difference is that Ekakite has more of it guaranteed.

9 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

The total amounts of the contracts are apparently almost exactly the same. The only real difference is that Ekakite has more of it guaranteed.

and somehow, some way on facebook this has caused much turmoil lol.  Some fans are outraged that Walters would mess with how much 1st round draft picks are paid (even tho its only aprox 10k more then last years deal for St.John) and even more surprising, its from a staunch Leos fan... rider fans are suspiciously quiet..

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

and truthfully I have zero issues with that, seeing as the odds are pretty good he isn't going to get cut nor is he going to suddenly retire.  If thats the deal Walters went with to sweeten the pot a bit, I see no reason for people to freak about it.. its not revolutionizing how people sign their picks imo.

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

and truthfully I have zero issues with that, seeing as the odds are pretty good he isn't going to get cut nor is he going to suddenly retire.  If thats the deal Walters went with to sweeten the pot a bit, I see no reason for people to freak about it.. its not revolutionizing how people sign their picks imo.

Walters also negotiated this contract before the draft to avoid the fuss Jones went through with St. John last year.  Negotiating in good faith, what a concept.

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce the following players have been released:

• National defensive back Brendan Morgan
  • International defensive back Terrance Parks

Surprised they cut Morgan, seems they are short of Natl. depth in the D-backfield.  Too me this suggest substitutions will occur in the LB position.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

18 hours ago, Floyd said:

He'll nickname him 'Ab-bodaca' because he's so ripped... and then talk about Sam Giguere for the rest of the game.

Of course. Can't leave Sam out of any discussion on bodies. 

Say. Speaking of quarterbacks names, remember when we had Fred Flintstone as a Bomber QB?

https://goo.gl/images/AgQvFx

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Surprised they cut Morgan, seems they are short of Natl. depth in the D-backfield.  Too me this suggest substitutions will occur in the LB position.

They must really like Derek Jones and the two new Canadian DBs they are bringing to camp (Conteh and Branning).