Game 48 : Alexander @ The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Team

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

It was 6 3 against a crappy team worse than we are. Goaltending was not that great... 1 fluke save does not mean he was the reason we won.  We won because for 2 periods we absolutely dominated a crappy team. Pav was ok.. he let in 2 pretty weak goals tho. 1 was a nice shot. He was not the difference. 30 of 33. 909 save percentage.  He was average. Basically he was pavelec and quite honestly I don't see how we could lose when we score 6 and dominate for 2 periods 

You give Pavlec no credit at all. Every save a fluke & every goal out of position.  He. Won. Until he started we couldn't beat a girls bantam team. Your comments are really becoming a joke. #onetrickpony

Edited by SpeedFlex27

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You give Pavlec no credit at all. Every save a fluke & every goal out of position.  He. Won. Until he started we couldn't beat a girls bantam team. Your comments are really becoming a joke. #onetrickpony

I said he was ok. What more do you want?  He didn't win this game by himself..he made 1 nice fluke save. Hell Pavelec himself called it Luck.   He let in 3 goals against a coyotes team who has scored 3 goals in a game twice now in January.  He wasn't the difference. You seem to be blinded by media reports such as "pavelec near perfect in his return". Cuz he certainly wasn't.  He was good enough after allowing a goal on the first shot of the game. The team in front of him also dominated for 45 50 minutes tho. Something that they didn't do the last 4 games. 

This game should prove to people that while goaltending is an issue.... (it still is btw) that it is just 1 of many plaguing this team. Let's see this effort next game. I somehow doubt we see that tho cuz st louis doesn't suck like Arizona does 

Let's just... they scored 6 tonight. The last 3 games combined... 7. 

Don't think scoring goals makes a difference?  

It's pretty tough for anyone to say we won cuz of Pavs when 95 percent of the game was played in Arizona end of the rink 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Rich said:

In Maurice's post game, he hinted that Ehlers was demoted because of lack of effort when he didn't have the puck. 

Ah. Well, then, good for PoMo. I wish he was consistent with everyone.

Poor play. Poor decision making. Lack of effort. Not following the 'structure'. Bad penalties.

That should all be punishable.

You bench your most consistent forward all year for a lack of effort, while you let a guy like Drew Stafford hog premium minutes while he game in game out skates around in the defensive zone like he's doing his best Ray Charles impression.

Maurice is a lost cause. He's a terrible coach.

PS - Pavelec sucked last night.

Pav didn't suck last night,  he was definitely better then Hutch/Helle has been over the last 2 weeks.     He made big saves, controlled rebounds and killed plays by gloving the puck. 

He had a good game ,   his play was much better then our other guys  have. 

Ehlers was definitely hurt...

Matthias / Armia deserve to have so much more points on their stat sheets... those guys hustle so much.   

Stafford is useless,  I'd be happy if they could trade him and get someone to replace Postma.   To me it seems like when the Jets do get momentum and cycle the puck ..... it's usually one of those two who end up mishandling or flipping an errant pass to kill the cycle. 

The entire TEAM played better, and whether that's a result of being more confident having Pavelec in net, or it was just something that was eventually going to happen......who knows. At the end of the day, a win's a win. Take it and try to keep growing in the right direction. The entire team needs to be better defensively...it's not just the tending.

We beat a team that is tanking.

Coyotes are a mess with no defensive system and Burmistrov as their #1 centre.

Let's see how they do against the Blues... Jets usually can get up for those games.  If they get blown out, its gonna be hard to keep ignoring coaching.

Pavelec was exactly what he's always been.  Let in a couple softies, make an unbelievable save, and end up letting in 2-4 goals.  Pretty familiar story.

On the other hand you have Helle/Hutch who will either be unbeatable or let in 4 in 8 shots (something we've seen more this year than in 5 years of Pavelec).  Do you want the rollercoaster ride or the consistently mediocre?  I'm not sure either option is so great.

I dont think Pavs was better than either Helle or Hutch's best game over the last month.  And since it was one game you have to compare apples and apples - Pavs best game (last night) vs Helle & Hutch's best games which were far better than Pavs.  Last night Pavs sv% was lower than Helle's and yet he's hailed as a hero.

He made some good saves in the 2nd period.  He let in two soft goals.  He made one "incredible" save when his paddle happened to be where the Coyotes shot the puck and was required because Pavs was out of the net.

Look, I always liked Pavs and defended far beyond many people.  I love a comeback story.  I disagree with this decision to bring him up because I think it's like using water buckets on the Titanic.  And either he's not the answer and the Jets are really screwed or he is and they are also screwed.

That ridiculous headline "Pavs Near-Perfect" is utterly embarrassing and being roasted by everyone, including other media. 

Its amazing the parallels between now and when Noel was fired.  Noel was fired on almost the exact same date and exact same games played with the exact same record (+- 1).  Then, Jets lost 5 in a row.  Now, lost 4 in a row until last night.  Maurice was ripe for the pickings if they had lost last night and you have to wonder if Chevy is doing the same due diligence now as he did then (ie. exploring options for a replacement).

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont think Pavs was better than either Helle or Hutch's best game over the last month.  And since it was one game you have to compare apples and apples - Pavs best game (last night) vs Helle & Hutch's best games which were far better than Pavs.  Last night Pavs sv% was lower than Helle's and yet he's hailed as a hero.

He made some good saves in the 2nd period.  He let in two soft goals.  He made one "incredible" save when his paddle happened to be where the Coyotes shot the puck and was required because Pavs was out of the net.

Look, I always liked Pavs and defended far beyond many people.  I love a comeback story.  I disagree with this decision to bring him up because I think it's like using water buckets on the Titanic.  And either he's not the answer and the Jets are really screwed or he is and they are also screwed.

That ridiculous headline "Pavs Near-Perfect" is utterly embarrassing and being roasted by everyone, including other media. 

Its amazing the parallels between now and when Noel was fired.  Noel was fired on almost the exact same date and exact same games played with the exact same record (+- 1).  Then, Jets lost 5 in a row.  Now, lost 4 in a row until last night.  Maurice was ripe for the pickings if they had lost last night and you have to wonder if Chevy is doing the same due diligence now as he did then (ie. exploring options for a replacement).

How is it comparing apples-to-apples to compare a goalie with 1 game played to a goalie with 30+ games played and line up their "best games" against each other?  That's total nonsense.  It's also incorrect that Pavelec's sv % (.909) was worse than Hellebuyck's (.907).

I don't disagree with your overall points but there's no reason to distort the facts to make those points.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

How is it comparing apples-to-apples to compare a goalie with 1 game played to a goalie with 30+ games played and line up their "best games" against each other?  That's total nonsense.  It's also incorrect that Pavelec's sv % (.909) was worse than Hellebuyck's (.907).

I don't disagree with your overall points but there's no reason to distort the facts to make those points.

I stand corrected. Pavs save % was much better *fart*

Here's what I don't understand... .

Helle/Hutch let in an early goal and team falls apart. Literally junk for several games because they fall behind and, for what ever reason, have zero capacity to play well when down by a goal.

Pav let's one in on his first shot and everyone laughs it off. Good'ol Pav.

If the team in front of them stopped playing so terrible, maybe the goaltenders might not fall apart? Maybe if the goaltenders had faith that someone would stick with their assignment or score some goals, they could bounce back too?!