Game 48 : Alexander @ The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Team

Just now, Goalie said:

I don't blame him for everything but the fact that you for that matter and Ducky refuse to actually blame Maurice for anything is ridiculous.  

He's the coach.  He's the guy in charge of the on ice product. 

Either our players aren't good enough or Maurice isn't.  Which is it?;

It's not "either", that's what you don't get.  It's both.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Special teams look exactly like they have during Maurice's tenure in winnipeg so... perhaps realize that it's Maurices system that Kompon is running. Is Maurice your dad or something cuz the Lengths you go to actually not blame him for anything at all is crazy 

It was an honest question....wasn't he?

Is Helle your son? Doesn't matter how many goals he lets in he is never the problem in your books. Doesn't matter if we win even you have something to say about the goaltending unless Helle is in. See how that works?

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't blame him for everything but the fact that you for that matter and Ducky refuse to actually blame Maurice for anything is ridiculous.  

He's the coach.  He's the guy in charge of the on ice product. 

Either our players aren't good enough or Maurice isn't.  Which is it?;

That Chevy gives him. It is obvious he hasn't been given a proficient goalie to work with this year.

Just now, Brandon said:

I assume Gallant and Capuano would also be other candidates. 

I don't see the Jets moving on though,  to much invested with Maurice and young guys.    

Agreed.  Everyone knew there would be growing pains this year, but then when it actually happens, everyone panics.

Trouble is the Jets have exactly the same problems as when they fired Noel...

Goaltending issues, lack of consistent play, leadership disappears, still relying on top lines/pairings, lack of depth...

This is starting to be on Chevy - there was a seven year plan to be a contender... not a 14 year plan.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

yeah, if this was youth struggling at times, I think we'd be fine.  its the same story as three years ago.  So its not growing pains.  Unless you mean growing pains for a franchise looking for coaching and management.

Perhaps but look at it this way:

Hellebuyck - 16-13-0-1

Hutchinson - 4-10-0-3

If we get even marginally better backup goaltending (say, we kept Pavelec with the Jets instead of Hutchinson), we're flirting with the playoffs and perhaps even above the line right now.

Great goaltending analysis on H&L right now...

Saying Helle probably should have stayed in the AHL for one more season - talking about 250 games in minors before bringing up a goalie...

League noticed that Helle held his glove low from day one - everyone except Flaherty I guess...

But also saying you need to stick with Helle now that he's been called up - if management is fine with rebuild, this is part of it

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Saying Helle probably should have stayed in the AHL for one more season - talking about 250 games in minors before bringing up a goalie...

League noticed that Helle held his glove low from day one - everyone except Flaherty I guess...

But also saying you need to stick with Helle now that he's been called up - if management is fine with rebuild, this is part of it

and Helle...don't forget the guy that has been told to hold it higher now.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Amazing I noticed that immediately but when I brought it up here Rich told me to get lost and start my own site

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  Price got to struggle in the NHL.  The problem with leaving Helle in the A is two-fold.  First, Comry was coming up behind and needed playing time too.  And secondly, it would mean they needed another goalie because Im not sure Jetsnation would have survived going into the season with Pavs as starter again.  So in a way they were caught in a bit of a crunch because they'd have to try and find a veteran goalie who was willing to play on a short-term dealer. PLUS, they'd have to unload Pavs because they werent going to pay two veteran goalies several million dollars OR have Hutch sitting around.

I dont disagree with their decision to go with Helle.  They expected he'd have growing pains and they expected Hutch to be a better back up.

Someone around here (oh yeah, me) said it should be Helle/Pavs to start the season.  That would have likely had us flirting with the playoffs because Pavs always plays better when he's under competition and he'd surely be better than Hutch.  Would have allowed Helle more rest.  Again though, hindsight is 20/20. 

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Does anyone really believe that Flaherty hasn't noticed the low glove and/or his rebound control or lack thereof?

It is on Helle to be coachable and listen to his coaches.

Man, I never thought of that.

Helle is uncoachable that must be it.  Like a new Evander Kane.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Does anyone really believe that Flaherty hasn't noticed the low glove and/or his rebound control or lack thereof?

It is on Helle to be coachable and listen to his coaches.

Hey Flaherty, this is three goalies now that got worse under your guidance.

Wade: "Yeah, these goalies just dont listen.  get me a goalie who listens."

Sorry, in sports, coaches get fired.  Time for Wade to go.  If he cant make Helle better, find someone who can.  THere is evidence around the league of goalies who got better under different coaches.  Im sure those coaches werent crazy mad scientists who noticed things no one else did.  Every player has the book out on them.  Wade cant seem to make his goalies better.  Time to go. 

Even if thats not fair, we've tried three different goalies and only one goalie coach.  Lets try a new coach.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  Price got to struggle in the NHL.  The problem with leaving Helle in the A is two-fold.  First, Comry was coming up behind and needed playing time too.  And secondly, it would mean they needed another goalie because Im not sure Jetsnation would have survived going into the season with Pavs as starter again.  So in a way they were caught in a bit of a crunch because they'd have to try and find a veteran goalie who was willing to play on a short-term dealer. PLUS, they'd have to unload Pavs because they werent going to pay two veteran goalies several million dollars OR have Hutch sitting around.

I dont disagree with their decision to go with Helle.  They expected he'd have growing pains and they expected Hutch to be a better back up.

Someone around here (oh yeah, me) said it should be Helle/Pavs to start the season.  That would have likely had us flirting with the playoffs because Pavs always plays better when he's under competition and he'd surely be better than Hutch.  Would have allowed Helle more rest.  Again though, hindsight is 20/20. 

and yet when I look back at when Pavs was sent down you were very non-committal and didn't really say one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

and yet when I look back at when Pavs was sent down you were very non-committal and didn't really say one way or the other.

HAHAHA did I?  Do you have a spreadsheet of posters on this board cross referenced with their comments on every topic you are usually wrong about? lol

Im generally a pretty even keel poster so if I was non-committal, then that seems about right.  Im quite certain I suggested, more than once, the best solution was Helle/Pavs.  But feel free to scour all my comments on the matter and let me know. ;-)

Just now, Ducky said:

do you honestly think Flaherty hasn't noticed his glove is held low?

serious question.

Really?  That's a serious question?

Of course, he's noticed it.  He just can't fix it.

Look at Pavelec... same issues... Hutch's issues are deeper - with positional play... he seems to be regressing.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Really?  That's a serious question?

Of course, he's noticed it.  He just can't fix it.

Look at Pavelec... same issues... Hutch's issues are deeper - with positional play... he seems to be regressing.

Another serious queston then...

It is obvious Flaherty has tried to "fix it" right?

Why is it the guy being told to keep his glove higher doesn't take an ounce of blame here then? Maybe Flaherty should sew a string on the end of his glove to his shoulder so it won't go lower?

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

HAHAHA did I?  Do you have a spreadsheet of posters on this board cross referenced with their comments on every topic you are usually wrong about? lol

Im generally a pretty even keel poster so if I was non-committal, then that seems about right.  Im quite certain I suggested, more than once, the best solution was Helle/Pavs.  But feel free to scour all my comments on the matter and let me know. ;-)

I looked it up to see what my opinion was at the time. I thought I was ecstatic about it and I was. I was wrong. They should have sent Hutch down and if he were claimed, they would have had a season to find someone for the expansion draft. What's a spreadsheet? Sounds dirty...