Canadian Politics

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I cannot fathom how any sane person seeing what has transpired in the US under Trump's administration can aspire to follow that example. Trump and his flunkies, emulators and parasites have created a toxic social and political atmosphere. This has led to all manner of violence, poverty, a falling average personal income, overt racism, militarization of police, and many, many other ills. What of these things do they want?

Personal power is all they want. And Mitch McConnell, Lindsay Graham, MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Jim Jordan et al remain in power while Liz Cheney gets bounced for not toeing the line and putting country over party. And all the talk is about Republicans taking back the Senate and House in spite of the J6 committee findings and the knowledge that the committee will be scrapped and all Trump’s opponents will be targeted on a “revenge” tour once they re-claim power. 

Heather knows her time as Premier is done so why not get it over as soon as possible, also people in Winnipeg please don't vote Murray in as mayor, he will leave at the first opportunity for a better chance in politics or private business. It all about clout with him plus I just find him unlikeable.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So I'm an outsider who knows nothing about Gillingham.... Anyone wanna give me the Coles Notes on this guy? Seems like a big finance guy.... Where does he fall in terms of the antivaxxer/freedoms crowd? 

He's posted pictures of himself getting vaxxed and he spoke out against at least one anti-mask protest so he's, at the very least, not a complete moron.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So I'm an outsider who knows nothing about Gillingham.... Anyone wanna give me the Coles Notes on this guy? Seems like a big finance guy.... Where does he fall in terms of the antivaxxer/freedoms crowd? 

A couple of snippets I’ve read from past websites say that he was a Pentecostal pastor for 12 years before entering politics. Counsellor for St. James, ran for the Provincial PC party in 2011, was declared “anti-dog” because he did not vote for dog parks in his area, also had no position on bike paths. Will raise property taxes by 3.5% annually for the next 3 years to finance his agenda which includes widening Kenaston Blvd. and other road repairs. Was a past Chair of the Winnipeg Police Board, and a board member of the Silver Heights C. C. and Assiniboia 55+ Centre, was on the Airport Advisory Board, and initiated a Winnipeg Harvest Food Bank in the city.