Canadian Politics

17 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Right out of the right-wing Trumpian playbook. You come out and say something that validates the bigotry, fear and hated of the flat-earthers and then, when challenged, half-heartedly say that you didn't mean it like THAT.  Forgiveness is easier to get than permission, and you can always attack your critics for unjustly misunderstanding you.

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Right out of the right-wing Trumpian playbook. You come out and say something that validates the bigotry, fear and hated of the flat-earthers and then, when challenged, half-heartedly say that you didn't mean it like THAT.  Forgiveness is easier to get than permission, and you can always attack your critics for unjustly misunderstanding you.

Bang on.

What some people don’t understand, or don’t want to understand, or don’t care, is this approach is done on purpose discussed about behind closed doors. It’s gross, immoral but rationalized away with little true genuine self-awareness.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

humans who lag measurably in the social and health determinants of life and are isolated behind a keyboard, a screen, a monitor with access to millions and millions of insane people and insane information has brought us to this moment in politicians pandering to this type of scenario.     

how do you know my brother in law?

65 year old morbidly obese virgin Canadian maga. worked a total of maybe five years. keyboards all night. two pack a day smoker, mcdonalds eater.

Edited by Mark F

40 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m laughing but not laughing. Humour is  my go to coping mechanism then reality eventually sinks in and the fun and laughter go buh bye.

Not for some. They will go to their graves denying obvious truths- like the COVID victims who died denying that they was any such thing as COVID. Or the Sandy Hook-Uvalde deniers stoked (profitably) by Jones and his ilk. 

15 hours ago, Mark F said:

how do you know my brother in law?

65 year old morbidly obese virgin Canadian maga. worked a total of maybe five years. keyboards all night. two pack a day smoker, mcdonalds eater.

probably spent lots of time saying covid wasn't a big deal because it wasn't really harming healthy people. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/convoy-inquiry-start-1.6613679

Eight months after anti-COVID-19 vaccine mandate protesters gridlocked parts of downtown Ottawa, a public inquiry has opened public hearings as it probes the federal government's unprecedented use of emergency powers to clear the capital.

The Public Order Emergency Commission's official launch this morning kicks off what's anticipated to be a politically tense six weeks as the inquiry hears from federal government representatives about why they felt they had to invoke the never-before-used Emergencies Act, and from those who argue it was a step too far.

The start of the inquiry saw some of the key players lay out sometimes conflicting views of what happened in Ottawa last winter.

This should be interesting.

26 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

interesting in the sense that it's only going to make the protesters look worse and justify the governments use of the act... except in the eyes of the "**** Trudeau" crowd who will take whatever scrap they can to "gotcha" and believe that Trudeau is ruining our democracy. 

5 hours ago, the watcher said:

PP has definatly bumped the Conservatives numbers. If will be interesting to see how the Libs and NDP deal with this.

I believe that, as Poilievre continues to woo and associate with the lunatics in the CPC (and more will surely join now), the Quebecois voters will realize that a vote for him will increase the anti-francophone rhetoric in the party. That combined with the waning of the honeymoon effect will probably cause the numbers there to normalize in a few months. His not-so-subtle appear to the MGTOW cretins so soon indicates that he is far from either bright or politically astute.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I believe that, as Poilievre continues to woo and associate with the lunatics in the CPC (and more will surely join now), the Quebecois voters will realize that a vote for him will increase the anti-francophone rhetoric in the party. That combined with the waning of the honeymoon effect will probably cause the numbers there to normalize in a few months. His not-so-subtle appear to the MGTOW cretins so soon indicates that he is far from either bright or politically astute.

Oh knowing the trend here, PP and his enablers, handlers think they are the most clever, smart people in the room.

my municipal election van island the two highly visible , prominent wack job freedom anti science, anti  vaccination candidates, 

got trounced. 

lots of noise, not much support.

I am relieved to see this result, cause these people are everywhere, and give the appearance of having support.

so, here at least, people want nothing to do with them.

These morons are giving the Canadian flag a bad name.

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, Mark F said:

my municipal election van island the two highly visible , prominent wack job freedom anti science, anti  vaccination candidates, 

got trounced. 

I am relieved to see this result, cause these people are everywhere, and give the appearance of having support.

You’re last line is something I say almost daily driving around here in Berta.

11 hours ago, Mark F said:

got trounced. 

Agreed, we have to do something to reclaim our flag from these miscreants, maybe donating thousands of flags to be waved at Gay Pride parades across the country will put a damper on their misuse of it. 😄

https://pressprogress.ca/right-wing-media-outlets-are-already-turning-the-emergencies-act-inquiry-into-a-circus/

Only one full day of testimony into the Emergencies Act inquiry, and right-wing media outlets and convoy bloggers are already turning the hearings into a circus.

The Public Order Emergency Commission, which was automatically triggered by law, will spend the next several weeks reviewing the federal government’s decision to invoke the Emergencies Act in February 2022 to end the convoy occupation of Ottawa.

The commission will hear testimony from 65 witnesses, including local city and police officials, convoy organizers and even Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

However, it is quickly becoming clear that right-wing media outlets intend to be a disruptive presence at the hearings and seize on opportunities to generate video clips that can be repackaged for convoy supporters online.

Ezra Levant, owner of Rebel Media, has stated that over a dozen content producers for his website had been accredited by the Commission and issued a fundraising appeal requesting money to rent a “large Airbnb right next to the commission.”

“We’ve set-up a field office and living space for our team to be in the heart of the action,” Levant told prospective donors. “We’re rotating 15 reporters through our Ottawa HQ over the next six weeks.”

Another website, run by former Rebel personality Keean Bexte is also attempting to raise money in support of his “on-the-ground coverage” of the commission, which he characterizes as a “Trudeau trial” (Trudeau is not facing any criminal charges nor is the public inquiry a “trial”).

Rebel Media and Bexte won’t be alone in Ottawa — other right-wing sites, including the Western Standard and True North Centre have also been formally accredited by the Commission.

Another site that was accredited, “Freedom Central Canada,” has been associated with anti-lockdown protests and regularly livestreams convoy events.

Of course that scumbag Ezra Levant is involved.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

If there's a chance to take money from fools, Ezra is usually at the front of the line and probably picked your pocket as he passed. 

18 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Anyone who expected anything other than the flat-earthers and their parasites turning into a public spectacle  will be disappointed. They somehow think this will advance their cause and garner increased public sympathy.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-conservative-leader-pierre-poilievre-to-skip-parliamentary-press/

Liberals, New Democrats, Conservatives and a steady stream of journalists walk into a bar.

Pierre Poilievre doesn’t.

The Conservative leader has declined an invitation to attend the Parliamentary Press Gallery dinner on Saturday night, an event that was on a three-year hiatus due to COVID-19.

A spokesman for Poilievre simply said he’s “not coming” to the gala that will take place at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, Que., and did not give a reason why.

Figures.

Poilievre’s decision to skip it likely won’t come as much of a surprise, given his vocal opposition to mainstream media and his choice to avoid reporters on Parliament Hill since being elected leader.

Since his victory on Sept. 10, Poilievre has held only one news conference, where he got into a heated exchange with a reporter after his staff said he would make only a statement and take no questions. He ultimately took two.

No accountability whatsoever.

18 hours ago, WildPath said:

Give him a break, he's merely following the playbook. Exact same thing Trump did.

Trump skips White House press dinner again, but was still the butt of jokes | CBC News

One of many common traits PP has with DT is they both have NO sense of humor. None. Can't self-deprecate in any sort of funny way, can easily give out their rage but can't take anything in that may show them in a less than stellar light. 

When's the last time anyone has seen DT or PP really laugh?

Having no sense of humor (and I would add not liking animals) tells you everything you need to know about a person. Wasn't Trump the first US President not take in a family pet . . .