Canadian Politics

21 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

One of many common traits PP has with DT is they both have NO sense of humor. None. Can't self-deprecate in any sort of funny way, can easily give out their rage but can't take anything in that may show them in a less than stellar light. 

When's the last time anyone has seen DT or PP really laugh?

Having no sense of humor (and I would add not liking animals) tells you everything you need to know about a person. Wasn't Trump the first US President not take in a family pet . . .

But they think they are reading the room. In the age of Twitter, instant outrage is everywhere. So people like saying “see, that guy gets my rage, he’s just like me” and they forget that it in no way translates into competency.

People play the blame game to cover up their own inadequacies, when they should actually revere those who are smarter than them rather than feeling inferior and resentful. But that would take self-reflection, honesty and humility in accepting one’s own faults. 

And when an emergency comes up, do you care how much better someone else is compared to you, or do you want the problem solved? If my plane is making an emergency landing, I could care less how much I like the pilot because he reminds me of me, I just want to know he has the skills to land the plane, because I sure don’t. 

20 hours ago, WildPath said:

Give him a break, he's merely following the playbook. Exact same thing Trump did.

Trump skips White House press dinner again, but was still the butt of jokes | CBC News

Wasn't it one of Harper's tactics not to take any questions from the press during "press conferences"?  If so Pierre is just carrying on with the pre-programmed program of carrying around a big bag of hostility to be opened anytime he encounters a microphone.

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Wasn't it one of Harper's tactics not to take any questions from the press during "press conferences"?  If so Pierre is just carrying on with the pre-programmed program of carrying around a big bag of hostility to be opened anytime he encounters a microphone.

Unprovoked attacks on “the media” to present phoney oppression. It’s the conservative way.
Never mind the fact that the majority of Canadian media is owned by right-wing interests, Postmedia being the most biased, and owning almost all the newspapers in the country. 

Danielle Smith, Public Health Expert and Disease Virologist:

(Canadian Press)

“I know there’s going to be pressure on our health-care system,” said Smith.

“But the way you solve the pressure on your health-care system … is not by shutting down restaurants. And it’s not by shutting down hotels. And it’s not by making the business community be the ones to bear the brunt of it.

“We’re not going to be closing schools. We’re not going to be disrupting kids’ activities.

“We want to send the message to the world community, and to the investment markets, that this is a place that is open for business, that this is a place that believes in freedom, this is a place that believes in free enterprise.”

That announcement was greeted with a smattering of applause. 

37 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

(Canadian Press)

“But the way you solve the pressure on your health-care system … is not by shutting down restaurants. And it’s not by shutting down hotels. And it’s not by making the business community be the ones to bear the brunt of it.

“We’re not going to be closing schools. We’re not going to be disrupting kids’ activities.

“We want to send the message to the world community, and to the investment markets, that this is a place that is open for business, that this is a place that believes in freedom, this is a place that believes in free enterprise.”

They only care about money. 

She is a complete lunatic.  Even further off the deep end than last time she was leading a party. 

What I have learned is that she really isn't very smart but thinks that her half baked logic is brilliant. So the perfect conservative.  General election can't come soon enough this wing nut needs to go before she really fucks up the province beyond repair.

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

(Canadian Press)

I'm in no way cheering for another Covid outbreak this winter, but if it does happen Smith has no way to retreat from this level of stupidity.

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Smith's policy is obvious:  by distancing herself from any intervention or management of the COVID pandemic, she expects to be able to take credit for this "brilliant" strategy if it works well, and blame others if things go to Hell.  Classic PC.

There's no "brilliant strategy" for our nutcase Premier. You give her waaaaaaay too much credit. She's been drinking the Ivermectin... 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Notley leading polls so far, and I expect that to increase with every batshit crazy thing Smith says..... May can't come fast enough. 

NDP wont do anything to rock the boat. looking at Doer in Manitoba, very modestly left of centre, boosted healthcare very well, balanced the budget, honestly,

the B.C. NDP, promoting LNG, allowing old growth logging, not much for business to fear there either.

NDP big bad commie stuff does not match up with reality.

still works on some people.

But Alberta has some adjustments coming unrelated to Canadian politics.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

NDP wont do anything to rock the boat. looking at Doer in Manitoba, very modestly left wing, boosted healthcare very well, balanced the budget, honestly,

the B.C. NDP, promoting LNG, allowing old growth logging, not much for business to fear there either.

still works on the not too bright folk though.

Every BC govt. retains the same policies regarding logging, they've been controlled by the forestry industry for over one hundred years.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

NDP wont do anything to rock the boat. looking at Doer in Manitoba, very modestly left of centre, boosted healthcare very well, balanced the budget, honestly,

still works on some people.

But Alberta has some adjustments coming unrelated to Canadian politics.

Rachel Notley is maybe the most centrist NDP leader in the country.  I am a fan of hers.

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Rachel Notley is maybe the most centrist NDP leader in the country.  I am a fan of hers.

at least with any Provincial NDP party, they will NOT attempt to privatise , or incrementally destroy Canadian health care.

can not say that about the others. 

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Well, until proven wrong…….  

I cannot fathom how any sane person seeing what has transpired in the US under Trump's administration can aspire to follow that example. Trump and his flunkies, emulators and parasites have created a toxic social and political atmosphere. This has led to all manner of violence, poverty, a falling average personal income, overt racism, militarization of police, and many, many other ills. What of these things do they want?