Getting new Jersey...now who to get??

Nolby

Due to how frequently players change teams in the CFL, I have two rules whenever I have a name stitched on the back of my jersey:

1. Player has to be retired
2. Player must've won at least one Grey Cup for the Bombers.

As a younger fan, it forces me to do some research into some of the older players that I didn't know about because I wasn't around when they played. Suggestions that satisfy this criteria: Kenny Ploen, Greg Battle, Leo Lewis etc.

Doing so means I'll never be stuck  in the awkward position of having the jersey of a player that went south (Chris Matthews) or signed elsewhere (Odell Willis). It also gives me a chance to learn more about the Bombers.

Just my two cents.

17 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Due to how frequently players change teams in the CFL, I have two rules whenever I have a name stitched on the back of my jersey:

1. Player has to be retired
2. Player must've won at least one Grey Cup for the Bombers.

As a younger fan, it forces me to do some research into some of the older players that I didn't know about because I wasn't around when they played. Suggestions that satisfy this criteria: Kenny Ploen, Greg Battle, Leo Lewis etc.

Doing so means I'll never be stuck  in the awkward position of having the jersey of a player that went south (Chris Matthews) or signed elsewhere (Odell Willis). It also gives me a chance to learn more about the Bombers.

Just my two cents.

I like your criteria for having a name that ensures relevance for a very long time. A player that has been inducted into the Hall of Fame would satisfy my requirement for a named jersey.