3 stars plus HH

wbbfan

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

1 Mo, the tackle on 3rd and inches to save the game. That after coming back from a serious knee injury. A great return on a fg miss, and a big pick.

2 Dressler. Couple great catches, and that huge run around in the end zone giving up the saftey to kill nearly all of the game time.

3. Fogg. Some great punt returns, giving us key field position late in the game. A couple big tackles in the flats one on one too. 

HH. The crazy direct snap to kohlert, toss to nichols for a td. What a play. 

Don't forget Dressler had that fake FG run in the first quarter. Agree with your calls other than that. Also I might be wrong, but I think the trick play was actually a double-reverse (harris to kohlert) who then tossed it to Nichols.

22 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Don't forget Dressler had that fake FG run in the first quarter. Agree with your calls other than that. Also I might be wrong, but I think the trick play was actually a double-reverse (harris to kohlert) who then tossed it to Nichols.

Thats right too that was a huge play. Dressler had a wade miller kind of smart performance tnite. Just going to show why hes an elite WR. He can change the game in a ton of different ways. 

15 minutes ago, rex said:

I agree with everyone's HHs but another named I'd like to throw out was jake thomas.  The kid had a great game.  He was right in the middle of a few plays that resulted in loss of yards

for sure, that tackle for a loss was massive. Really had some nice plays in the rotation tonight. 

I wouldn't give Harris any kudos today.  He ran well but he really needs to protect the ball in that situation vs. going for the extra yards.  That could have lost the game for us right there.  

1.  Leggat

2.  Nichols

3.   The entire O-line

HH.  Coach O'Shea...outcoached Wally Buono today.   

12 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I wouldn't give Harris any kudos today.  He ran well but he really needs to protect the ball in that situation vs. going for the extra yards.  That could have lost the game for us right there.  

1.  Leggat

2.  Nichols

3.   The entire O-line

HH.  Coach O'Shea...outcoached Wally Buono today.   

harris hit the ground after the play was whistled dead and had a close drop as he hit the ground, but well after the whistle and you cant give him a nod. But you give nichols 2nd star when he had 3 awful over throws on easy TDs where our wrs were all alone? Plus the first drive pick that was run back to like our 10 yard line called back.

Edited by wbbfan

Leggett. O'shea. Dressler.  

HH to Jake Thomas. 

HM to Mike O'shea also for being way more quiet today since he was mic'd up. And to Kohlert for throwing a td pass. Dude is 2 for 2 this year lol. 

I don't particularly care for the mic'd up aspect 

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, holoman said:

Reminded me of the Sefa O'Reilly tackle for a loss against Montral back in 2001.

Amazing play by Mo.  I've watched it a number of times and I don't believe Mo could actually see Rainey coming, he just anticipated his position and threw his body in his path.  Almost an act of desperation.....and I guess it honestly was.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Unsung heroes the O-Line, made decent holes for the RB's and again gave up no sacks.

yeah nichols had some great protection too. Rolling him out helped some but the OL right now is the best weve had in years. I really hope chung isnt bouncing in the off season >.<

12 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Anyone else starting to think the Nichols might actually be a real starting QB? He is starting to remind me of what we hoped Willy was going to be.

I think he's one of the best QB/Receivers in the league.:D

He's exactly what this team has been missing compared to the turnover machines we've had at the QB position the last number of years. 

I think a lot of what makes it look like he's better is the fact that he would roll out and have several steamboats to go through his reads and find a target.

I also noticed that he is much better at escaping when the pocket collapses... it wasn't like Willy when as soon as an arm touches him he would panic or go down.  

3 stars:

1. Leggett - A great Pick, a great run back and a game saving tackle
  2. Dressler - 3rd down gamble and played the role of the punter in the endzone to almost drain the clock
  3. Fogg - All over the field on D and got a great return to get us out of trouble

Happy Honker:

Kohlert - A couple of good catches, got open deep and a TD pass.

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

harris hit the ground after the play was whistled dead and had a close drop as he hit the ground, but well after the whistle and you cant give him a nod. But you give nichols 2nd star when he had 3 awful over throws on easy TDs where our wrs were all alone? Plus the first drive pick that was run back to like our 10 yard line called back.

Ya, bring back Drew Willy! lol

Nichols has been key to Bombers success this season and had one of his best games vs Lions IMHO.

18 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Ya, bring back Drew Willy! lol

Nichols has been key to Bombers success this season and had one of his best games vs Lions IMHO.

Don't bother with him. Honestly, his mind is made up with Nichols. I have no idea why he hates our starter so much, all Nichols has done is win for us. Another game with no INT's, 2 touchdowns (+1 receiving) and our offense put up 37 points. Clearly he was a huge part of the win.

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Even the best QB's don't make every throw.  But Nichols managed the game perfectly and we fans have to come to accept that Nichols is a more conservative (small c) QB.  But quite frankly that fits Lapo's offence just perfectly. 

I'll take a game manager who turns the ball over less than the alternative.