Bombers sign Tori Gurley

Jacquie

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Remember when players would leave the Bombers, go to other teams a talk out the positive culture of the new team they were on, it's nice that players coming here have a positive spin on whats going on with the Bombers both on the field and in the locker room.

42 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Remember when players would leave the Bombers, go to other teams a talk out the positive culture of the new team they were on, it's nice that players coming here have a positive spin on whats going on with the Bombers both on the field and in the locker room.

Yeah, I 'member when Obby went to Calgary he couldn't stop talking about how awesome the Stamps were and the fact that the Bombers didn't have food for the players. 

6 hours ago, Stickem said:

Exactly Mike....Big Country returns....Why he didn't work out for the arenogoods I don't know ....what I do know is that this guy can catch and motor..

I was so jealous last year when Barker found those 3 receivers and they were lighting it up while we had, well ...

Nice to get one of them and arguably, the best one.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It was just twittered out by Darrin B that the Bombers did enough investigation on why Gurley was released that they are comfortable in signing him. Think that helps answer my question around how this will affect team chemistry.

Actually, I had a question about other team's beatability.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

not only tall but at 230 he's a big boy. should be helpful with all the smurfs we have already

So the opposing D is forced to double-team Gurly and the rest of our receivers exploit the situation. Loving the possibilities here.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Now for another Rod Black lame brain prediction. Rod sez, "Gurley will be suited up for the Big Blue in the last half of the rubber match with the lions".  Because rod Black loves to hear his own voice he adds, "not only will the stud Gurley suit up for the Big Blue in just over a week, bomber fans will be will again be ecstatic to learn that Darvin Adams is now healthy and ready to suit up as well as Gurley. The excitement is in the air as Bombers fans will be more than overjoyed with anticipation in watching Bernie Nichols spread the ball amongst all the high skilled players on offence. The Bomber faithful will be beyond the moon speculating how far the ball will be jammed down the Leo's throat". 

Nichols must be salivating at the prospect of throwing to a beast like Gurley.

Umm, is "Bernie" Matt Nichols nickname or something? 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It was just twittered out by Darrin B that the Bombers did enough investigation on why Gurley was released that they are comfortable in signing him. Think that helps answer my question around how this will affect team chemistry.

was talking about it at riderfans, and got a link to argofans where they talked about the issues last year, apparently while benched Gurley took issue with Marcus Brady's play calling and got up in his face. Maybe with their season slowly twirling down the crapper, old feelings flared up

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?3565-What-did-Tori-Gurley-do-on-the-bench

Glad to hear Heath speak well of him and the locker room he would have first hand experience with. May have even had a bit of impact on the final decision to go after Gurley

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

was talking about it at riderfans, and got a link to argofans where they talked about the issues last year, apparently while benched Gurley took issue with Marcus Brady's play calling and got up in his face. Maybe with their season slowly twirling down the crapper, old feelings flared up

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?3565-What-did-Tori-Gurley-do-on-the-bench

Glad to hear Heath speak well of him and the locker room he would have first hand experience with. May have even had a bit of impact on the final decision to go after Gurley

I'm sure you're right. 

35 minutes ago, J5V said:

Nichols must be salivating at the prospect of throwing to a beast like Gurley.

Umm, is "Bernie" Matt Nichols nickname or something? 

It's a nick name J5V. I think someone called him that when he was first traded to the Bombers. Funny thing is, on Wickipedia his page was quickly updated to reflect he played with the bombers. I saved that page as a photo. Even funnier, his page listed him as the position of "dickwad". I'd post the page from September 2 2015, but there are tell tale photos along the bottom which I don't want posted.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

With the Argos maybe needing a receiver, would Mayo for Lemon makes a trade deal?

Are you suggesting putting a little lemon in your mayo to add an extra zip to your sandwich... that's the only conclusion I can come to that makes any sense... ;)

Edited by bearpants
added emoticon so that joking tone was implied

It's not Darvin Adams who will look at this with the shakes, but rather the opposing team's secondaries, who, instead of going meh, will now go wah, or words to that effect. 

Darvin, and the rest of the receivers can look upon this as a re-awakening of an offence. 

Yes, it can be that good. All that it would take is a little imagination and excitement from LaPo. 

Now, is that asking too much?