Bombers Trade Willy for DB TJ Heath, Acquire Kevin Glenn

Atomic

31 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

A) colour me stunned that JV5 sees this as a bad thing.. shocked! Shocked I say! Lol...

B ) if you don't see this as a huge win for us and Walters, you are deliberately looking for negatives.   I hate Glenn.  It's well known and documented.. that said, he is one of the best backups in the league.   cheaper then Willy and I'd honestly trust him over Willy at this point.  we CAN win with Glenn if push comes to shove.. Willy is still an unknown.  adding one very good DB to the mix of our current crop is not a bad thing.. never have too much depth in the cfl where injuries happen daily. Plus 1 first rounder and a 3rd rounder??  great deal by Walters and nobody here can tell me that Glenn isn't at LEAST as good as Willy.. Minimum.  they are a wash and we got lots of assets back.. also my quoting is broken :(

Getting a first rounder in the deal is outstanding... And I have no idea why this thing is showing additional quote boxes

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Lefevour was mostly outstanding in a 33-21 win over Hamilton today....Willy's not doing anything important for them next weekend.

Argos beat Collaros and the Ti-Cats without Ray?  You got to be shitting me?  Somethings wrong in Hammy Town.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

I can't believe people are unhappy with Glenn? He's played way better then Willy has in the last two seasons.

The Als and Riders offenses were completely broken and he still managed to out up decent numbers.

With Lapolices short pass offense and the improvement of our o line he should do really well here.

Our QB depth definitely took a step forward today.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lefevour was mostly outstanding in a 33-21 win over Hamilton today....Willy's not doing anything important for them next weekend.

remember how masoli looked before he played us? But yeah, short of an injury or major poopage of the bed we wont see willy. Not to mention he doesnt know the tor system yet.

But the defense for the argos will have a huge huge advantage now. They will know that we arent gonna run harris when we should and that all passes will be 7 yards or shorter. what ever will we do? :lol::lol:

37 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Admission of major mistake though. Sign a guy to a massive contract and trade him 

Let's hope this doesn't bite us. 

hardly, they acquired him for cheap and moved him for more than they gave up to get him when another player had replaced him on the roster. It's really good asset management to be honest. Glenn is probably still a better qb than both Willy and Nichols at this point so we upgraded the qb position AND got a first round pick and pretty good player as well. Not too shabby. 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The mistake is in thinking a guy was a $400,000/year franchise QB and then Trading him away especially in a scenario where a young stud didn't come in and steal it. 

Point being, management changed their mind significantly. 

I wouldn't say changing your mind always means a mistake.

1 hour ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

SJ Green

You want to trade for a 31 year old receiver who is out for the season with "a complete tear of his medial collateral ligament (MCL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) as well as his meniscus in his right knee"?

As for Glenn's play this season, can any QB look good with Montreal's offence the way it is now?

Edited by Jacquie

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The mistake is in thinking a guy was a $400,000/year franchise QB and then Trading him away especially in a scenario where a young stud didn't come in and steal it. 

The mistake was not protecting their Willy and getting it broken to the point where they had to trade him. They look to have learned that lesson with Nichols though. Imagine if they'd had this kind of offensive line when Willy first got here? None of those injuries, none of the constant beatings. 

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So you'd rather they keep him no matter what, just so they would never have to admit that maybe things didn't work out they way they had hoped.  I'd expect a little better from them than that.

At some point the Bombers had to cut bait & go home. Willy's time was over. I had a feeling it was. The Bombers obviously don't think Willy will progress any further developmental wise from now on. They see him everyday at practice & in meetings. There must've been something there they didn't like or were concerned about. Is Willy any better than LeFevour? Did anyone ever think we'd get anywhere near what we got from the Argos for Willy? I sure didn't. We came out smelling like a rose, I believe.

Edited by iso_55

17 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

You want to trade for a 31 year old receiver who is out for the season with "a complete tear of his medial collateral ligament (MCL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) as well as his meniscus in his right knee"?

As for Glenn's play this season, can any QB look good with Montreal's offence the way it is now?

I think he was suggesting that SJ Green was the reason that Montreal might have cap issues (which also doesn't make sense since Green is injured).

I think the Bombers were robbing people today.

Edited by Esks1975
auto correct

2 minutes ago, Esks1975 said:

I think he was suggesting that SJ Green was the reason that Montreal might have cap issues (which also doesn't make sense sins Green is injured).

I think the Bombers were robbing people today.

And the #1 reason why people should quote the post they are referring to when giving no other context to their post. ;)

who wants to play the grade the deals game?

Bombers A MFing plus. Maybe a plus plus. Legit all star db, first round pick that could be top half of the draft then a depth pick to boot the next year.

argos C minus. Got the guy they needed, but really over paid.

Bombers B+/A. If glenn can be content to be a back up and doesnt cause a distraction, or if he takes over the starting job at some point its an A. Other wise it a B+.  

als B- They needed to move on to playing a qb who could be qb of the future for them. They got some solid NI value in the pick. But looking at what we got for willy says they should have gotten some more value then that.