Bombers Trade Willy for DB TJ Heath, Acquire Kevin Glenn

Atomic

Just now, Noeller said:

^^ sorry, screwed up a quote-post there....

Anyhow, as much of a Willy fan as I am (and I hope he goes to Toronto and becomes an elite QB) this makes us a better team, and that's all that matters!

just not when he plays us. Its a very good situation for him. I hope he doesnt come back to haunt us.

Just now, Judd said:

Coaching staff really must be high on Davis and Bennett, as KG could easily be gone/retire this offseason

I don't think that Glenn is anything more than a "1/2 season" solution.  Gives us an experienced backup and a guy who can show Davis and Bennett how you walk back to the sideline with dignity no matter how much you just screwed up.  You just can't put a price on that.

Here is the quote from Walters re: Willy and the media:

“Now, I anticipate Drew going to Toronto and getting under Scott and it almost being like a breath of fresh air for him to be, truth be told, away from this media market and the scrutiny he was under. He took it pretty good in the media negatively and it might be good for him and his family to be in a market where he isn’t under the microscope like he was here.”

Just now, Atomic said:

Here is the quote from Walters re: Willy and the media:

“Now, I anticipate Drew going to Toronto and getting under Scott and it almost being like a breath of fresh air for him to be, truth be told, away from this media market and the scrutiny he was under. He took it pretty good in the media negatively and it might be good for him and his family to be in a market where he isn’t under the microscope like he was here.”

Penton is just twisting the words to suit his POV.

12 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I know. I still don't buy it.

Walters knows this is a huge gamble that could backfire on him so he is trying to make it sound like he did it for Drew. Everyone in the Peg is drunk on this winning streak and have thrown caution to the wind. Reality is gonna bite hard!