Bombers Trade Willy for DB TJ Heath, Acquire Kevin Glenn

Atomic

A) colour me stunned that JV5 sees this as a bad thing.. shocked! Shocked I say! Lol...

B ) if you don't see this as a huge win for us and Walters, you are deliberately looking for negatives.   I hate Glenn.  It's well known and documented.. that said, he is one of the best backups in the league.   cheaper then Willy and I'd honestly trust him over Willy at this point.  we CAN win with Glenn if push comes to shove.. Willy is still an unknown.  adding one very good DB to the mix of our current crop is not a bad thing.. never have too much depth in the cfl where injuries happen daily. Plus 1 first rounder and a 3rd rounder??  great deal by Walters and nobody here can tell me that Glenn isn't at LEAST as good as Willy.. Minimum.  they are a wash and we got lots of assets back.. also my quoting is broken :(

Edited by SPuDS

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Disagree. We need to plug up the middle and make him turn his shoulders. He's maybe the worst sideline to sideline rb in the league.

Debatable I guess.... Doesn't change the fact he constantly runs all over our D.  Although they've improved drastically since we last saw the Stamps.    Where is Muamba theses days?  Was he trying out with NFL teams?

Good on Walters. Willy's presence was a distraction and this is good proof that the team did not see any future for him here. Willy did his best , but it was good enough for a little while, but not long enough. I wish him luck in Toronto, and he certainly won't be bothered much by media there. The DB we picked up is a bit of a puzzlement, but perhaps there is more to come. We need a lethal MLB unless Burnett is it, and a dominant wide receiver. We get those, we goin' to the Cup.

Wow. I'm surprised. I figured he'd get a shot here again. But management has its reasons and probably more than just confidence in Nichols. 

Intereting that Nichols is now the bonafide starter without a big ticket QB looking over his shoulder. 

Always liked Glenn. He was unceremoniously run out of town very disrespectfully.  He took us to a Grey Cup game. Glad to see him back 

have a feeling Lapo had a say in this. Willy has all the tools but just doesn't fire the ball fast enough. 

So is it Heath vs Willy next week?