Official GDT: vs Ham 08/03/16 Game Day We All Play!

Noeller

Not sure if it was the play calling or just lack of execution in the second half, cuz it seemed like Nichols was certainly trying to go deep quite a bit, I'm sure he had other outlets he could have thrown to but he went deep quite a bit, perhaps trying to run the score up, but... i'd prefer if they just played the quick passing game and sprinkle in some runs quite abit to keep the clock moving. The game was over at half tho. You could actually see it on the ticats players faces, the game was over. There was no way the cats were coming back. Not a chance. They were done. 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Not sure if it was the play calling or just lack of execution in the second half, cuz it seemed like Nichols was certainly trying to go deep quite a bit, I'm sure he had other outlets he could have thrown to but he went deep quite a bit, perhaps trying to run the score up, but... i'd prefer if they just played the quick passing game and sprinkle in some runs quite abit to keep the clock moving. The game was over at half tho. You could actually see it on the ticats players faces, the game was over. There was no way the cats were coming back. Not a chance. They were done. 

I think the Cats were done before it even started. When TSN had Fantuz on during the rain delay I think he even brought up how late the game would be starting for a team based in the east, I think that the ti-cats probably had it in their minds that it was going to be hard because it was late and they were tired and it showed. The Bombers came out with more energy and Hamilton just couldn't get any traction. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Yeah the last few plays leading to the half they panned the Ticat sideline and those guys looked defeated. They had nothing going for them at that point, halftime was the best thing that happened to them.

One has to wonder now, does this get Winnipeg any respect across the league as a legitimate threat? Last week in Edmonton, no one expected us to win and that was warranted. Not only did we win but we did so in convincing fashion. This week, we had 3 new receivers in and hadn't beat HAM at home, hadn't won 2 in a row since 2014 etc. and we blew the doors off of them. This one was over after Masoli's first throw. So after pounding two pre-season favourites back to back, does that buy us a little respect?

Just now, 17to85 said:

I think the Cats were done before it even started. When TSN had Fantuz on during the rain delay I think he even brought up how late the game would be starting for a team based in the east, I think that the ti-cats probably had it in their minds that it was going to be hard because it was late and they were tired and it showed. The Bombers came out with more energy and Hamilton just couldn't get any traction. 

Wasn't listening at that point but man, Fantuz making excuses before the game even started? 

That's a defeatists attitude right there, cuz really it's no difference if the cats were in BC taking on the lions. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Wasn't listening at that point but man, Fantuz making excuses before the game even started? 

That's a defeatists attitude right there, cuz really it's no difference if the cats were in BC taking on the lions. 

Yeah but eastern teams have been bitching about being tired on the coast for years too

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

So who else stuck it out last night?... my friends and I decided we were already there so we might as well stick around for a bit... due to my complete lack of confidence in this team... I wasn't completely comfortable til the final 3 minute warning.... but I'm glad I stayed... got to bed around 1:30-1:45 am... needless to say my 5:45 am alarm came quite quickly this morning!

My wife and I stuck it out as well.....$21 for a shock top and a glass of wine Yikes!

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hamilton is only 1 hour time difference. Ticats were **** for a full 3 hours. Math doesn't add up

2 games in a row we came out of the gate and played like we meant it.

All phases of our team in the first half were good.....no....great!

I said to my wife we were really going to see how mentally strong our team is in the second half with a 34 point lead. I wasn't surprised we had a let down, but it still wasn't catastrophic. And really it was mostly the offence that went into cruise control. I kept waiting for them to try and play Fantuz straight up on Loffler, and they never really isolated him. Loffler's interception was a jump ball with Fantuz. Loffler looks like a keeper and a great draft.

And man i'm too old for 5 hours sleep after spending 7 hours at the stadium!

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Meanwhile over on Riderfans some douchebag by the name Blueandgold is telling everyone how embarrassing it was that the endzones seats were mostly empty

Really? A douchebag? On Riderfans? Say it's not so Joe, say it's not so ...

Edited by IC Khari

57 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

if that's an excuse they're seriously using... coming off a bye week...

I can't even put into words how pathetic that is...

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

if that's an excuse they're seriously using... coming off a bye week...

I can't even put into words how pathetic that is...

Johnny Sears has tweet last night saying its bedtime and his boys are still playing. I replied and said dont worry your boys are already dleeping on the field. ?

This game kind of reminded me of one in the 1984 season against Calgary. The Bombers scored touchdowns on their first five possessions and were up by 35 halfway through the 2nd quarter, and then did nothing offensively for the rest of the game. It didn't matter as I think Calgary only had one touchdown.

Have the say that the db's as a unit are playing really well, injuries have opened the coaches eyes and they see some talent in game action and it's a good situation to have. D line provided some extra push last night and our lb's were out to prove they are the best unit in the CFL. All in all a very well played game and i hope this becomes the norm for the rest of the season.