Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. I just hope we do the smart thing and take an OL with our first pick. I don't really have an opinion on which one.
  2. I'm confused too. When they changed the eligibility, the CFL said "the players will be eligible to be selected in the CFL Draft three years after completing their first year of CIS eligibility." Am I correct that both those players' first year was 2011? Then their eligibility is 3 years after December 2011... i.e. December 2014, making them eligible for the 2015 draft. OR does it mean 2014, as in 3 years after 2011? Eligibility changes explained here... http://www.cfl.ca/article/cfl-adjusts-eligibility-rules-for-draft
  3. Gonna be tough to pull that off without a second round pick. We pick at 2 and then not again until 20.
  4. Atomic replied to Mark H.'s topic in General Discussion
    those are actually good moves to make, bring in veterans so that the guys you draft have some time and less pressure to perform. They knew this was going to be a long road so why freak out when the GM is doing exactly what they said they would do? But the big free agents available we never go after. I'd like to see us do that... First off, we really have no idea who they went after... we only know who they got. Despite what Winnipeggers want to believe, it can't be easy to attract FA's here. Second, who are the big FA's you're referring to? David Clarkson?? Lol how is he working out for Toronto?
  5. Definitely wouldn't be easy, though the Higgins suggestion makes sense. Trestman left them looking for a head coach around this time last year, and they ended up with Dan Hawkins because of it.
  6. Atomic replied to Mark H.'s topic in General Discussion
    Wheeler is a fine first line right wing. We need a legit #1 centre, some depth at left wing, and a better goalie. I'm not a Kane fan, he will never be a first line winger on a good team. His offensive awareness is basically non existent, he is terrible at maintaining possession and is useless on the PP. He's got good speed and a great shot which makes him a useful second line winger but that's all he'll ever be.
  7. The only real expectation I have is that the team will be better than last year and Mike O'Shea will be a very different coach than Tim Burke. Other than that, I'm waiting to find out what happens at quarterback and how free agency shakes down, especially with Henoc Muamba.
  8. Atomic replied to Mark H.'s topic in General Discussion
    I absolutely don't place all the blame on Claude Noel but IMO this is a move that just had to be made. It's obvious the players just weren't responding at all. I definitely don't expect them to suddenly be a playoff team this season but this move sets them up to possibly be a different team next year.
  9. Atomic replied to Mark H.'s topic in General Discussion
    Noel FIRED!!!
  10. I'd be very surprised if Bourke or Myddelton made it to free agency. Some people seem to think Tsoumpas will make it to free agency due to injury/concussion concerns... obviously he would be a big upgrade for us if we could sign him and he stays healthy. However he is an Edmonton guy and you have to believe they would make a real hard push to get him considering the state of their OL. So the chances of Tsoumpas ending up here seem slim as well. I would rather try to re-sign Parenteau than sign Andrew Jones, but he could be good depth... I don't see him as an upgrade over any of our current starters, including Morley. Mitchell could be worth a look but after being such a highly touted prospect, his career thus far can only be described as a huge disappointment. He's still young though so there could be some upside there. Honestly I don't think free agency is going to help our OL one bit, unfortunately.
  11. Ottawa could also be interested in Collaros. Would not be hard for them to sign him and have Kevin Glenn backup or even trade Glenn to Winnipeg.
  12. No. God no. why do we need a shorter, possibly slower stoddard? Because we need experienced players. We don't need kiddies (like Etienne) or superstars (which we don't have) at every receiver position. We need guys that understand the league & what it takes to win games. I'm not a big Stala fan but jeez we need his veteran leadership in the locker room in the worst way. We have very little of that on the team. That's why we won 3 games last year. I agree that we need veteran leadership, but Stala is simply not the guy to provide it.
  13. No he's not. And I doubt Foster will be back here anyways.
  14. I liked Claude Noel for the first couple years but I think his time has just about run out.
  15. If Hamilton decides to move on from Burris, I think it's obvious that their first choice would likely be Collaros. And there have been rumours for awhile now that Hamilton might not be re-signing Burris, so it's not hard to put two and two together.
  16. The receiver from Hamilton is Simon Charbonneau-Campeau. He will instantly be the Stamps' best Canadian receiver. Just watch. He was stuck behind Fantuz and Giguere in Hamilton but he is a stud.
  17. I quit after they told me I wasn't allowed to touch home. That seems like a bit of an overreaction...
  18. I don't recall Glenn accomplishing that much in Calgary that he didn't accomplish in Winnipeg and Hamilton.
  19. Getzlaf, Muamba, Laurent, Cornish, Harris But he's quite possibly 6. really you have Getzlaf that high? Hmm what am I missing? He's the best Canadian receiver in the league...
  20. Where are the Wylie rumours coming from? Only place I've seen him linked to Winnipeg is on the Bomber forums.
  21. Talking about OL Anthony Barrette who just signed with Ottawa after a couple seasons on Montreal's PR.
  22. The guy has never dressed for a CFL game in 3 years since being drafted... Not sure missing out on him is a big deal
  23. Maybe. But there is a pretty wide disparity between what coaches have to deal with from the media here versus any other place in the CFL. Winnipeg is the only place where the media really "grills" the coaches and GM... in Toronto, BC, etc, nobody cares enough and in Regina the media eats right out of the Riders' hands regardless of how poor they are doing. Even in 2011 when the Riders were 5-13, it was tough to hear a negative word spoken about the Riders in that province. Nope, the amount of media bullshit that coaches have to deal with is highest in Winnipeg and its really not even close. Im pretty sure the fans are more sensitive to this than the coaches. Obviously. But who's to say it wouldn't be a factor for some coaches? It very well could be.
  24. Maybe. But there is a pretty wide disparity between what coaches have to deal with from the media here versus any other place in the CFL. Winnipeg is the only place where the media really "grills" the coaches and GM... in Toronto, BC, etc, nobody cares enough and in Regina the media eats right out of the Riders' hands regardless of how poor they are doing. Even in 2011 when the Riders were 5-13, it was tough to hear a negative word spoken about the Riders in that province. Nope, the amount of media bullshit that coaches have to deal with is highest in Winnipeg and its really not even close.
  25. You have no authority here, doctor.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.