Alex Hall Traded

Rich

So, we give up a 2nd round pick for Neufeld. We give them the better player in Hall & they give up a 4th round pick? What am I missing here? I'd have said fine just player for player but now we're messing with our draft picks? I dunno, maybe I'm off base here & we should be glad to get anything for Hall.

Hall is gone no matter what, so would you be happy with picking Neufeld with our 2nd round pick.  Getting the 4th is a bonus.  I don't know anything about Neufeld, but our OLine does need depth, and he should be more ready to step in then anyone we would pick in next years draft.

The one thing I don't like is that Neufeld is from Regina ... so does he just go back when his contract is up...

Tim Burke comes out & says that the talk  in social media is hurting Alex Hall & affecting his DL teammates which is one of the reasons the DL didn't play well yesterday. He said he doesn't know where these trade rumours start &  who starts them. THEN... Alex Hall is traded this afternoon. Like am I the only one going, what???? with this team? Why would he say something like that just before the Bombers trade the guy? If a deal was in the process of  going down & by that time it was, why wouldn't Burke just STFU? That is why  I think this team is a clown act & why I no longer trust anything these guys coaching & managing the team say or do. I'm not pissed Hall got traded, just with the Keystone Cops mentality running the show.

Anyone else not impressed with this?

I'm not impressed at all.  Saskatchewan is the desperate team.  Hall for Neufeld straight up would have been fine.  Any pick exchange should have resulted in us getting a higher pick or more picks.  The only good thing with the picks is that the one we're getting back is in 2015 when it will be a full draft, the 2014 draft pool will be shallower with the eligibility changes.

Hallelujah!

Hall's gone either way and like Rich says, it's a 2nd rounder for an experienced NI O-lineman.

The swap of picks is a twist, but you have to think Walters must grade  Neufeld well.

Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand, it's a pretty simple concept. Signed an extension in the offseason too. Very good move to acquire a STARTING Canadian lineman.

Hallelujah!

Hall's gone either way and like Rich says, it's a 2nd rounder for an experienced NI O-lineman.

The swap of picks is a twist, but you have to think Walters must grade  Neufeld well.

Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand, it's a pretty simple concept. Signed an extension in the offseason too. Very good move to acquire a STARTING Canadian lineman.

Not sure if you're agreeing with my agreement or just not understanding it.

Hallelujah!

Not sure if you're agreeing with my agreement or just not understanding it.

Agreeing

At first glance this does not look like a good trade at all.

The Riders were probably going to lose Nuefeld in the dispersal draft anyways.

So for a back up o-lineman who would have been lost in the off-season anyways and a 4th round pick, the Riders got a 2nd round pick and the best d-lineman in the CFL.

According to some of the Rider fans, Nuefeld was got very good this year, which is part of the reason he got beat out by Heenan.

The Riders were probably going to lose Nuefeld in the dispersal draft anyways.

But not to us.

And we were going to lose Hall, so it's all good.

And since when did any team's fan base not downgrade a player they just traded?

It's the second round pick, (10th overall.), that baffles me a little. 

If it was Hall for Nuefeld strait up, that would have been fair.  But a 2nd round pick as well?  I think we overpaid.