Jacob Trouba

iso_55

What a performance Trouba put on last night. The kid is a stud. Taylor Hall was a lucky guy last night he wasn't pasted.

It's not lucky that Hall wasn't pasted, Hall is a lot more aware on the ice than people give him credit for, he saw the hit coming and avoided it. Let's be honest though, as good as Trouba looked the Jets 4th goal had absolutely no business going in, that was a brutal goal for Dubnyk to give up. The more impressive guy to me was Scheiffele. He and Kane were a real good duo out there. Made Arcobello look like the AHLer he is until the Oilers wisely got him away from that matchup. 

Trouba's goal was a good play. He made a great head's up play to read and intercept an Oiler pass and drove across the blueline to unload his shot. A knuckler. It fooled Dubnyk.

We have a horrible habit of diminishing our successes and blowing up our opponents successes. 

Trouba's goal was a good play. He made a great head's up play to read and intercept an Oiler pass and drove across the blueline to unload his shot. A knuckler. It fooled Dubnyk.

We have a horrible habit of diminishing our successes and blowing up our opponents successes. 

Not the Jets fans I've seen, prior to the season starting I saw too many Jets fans seriously debating whether Trouba or Scheiffele were going to be the best rookie in the NHL. 

Don't read too much into what happened last night, Dubnyk had a big time meltdown last night and let in some real softies. The oilers had 38 shots and scored 4 goals while missing their two best centres and playing the first game for a new head coach with a new system. There were some good performances from some of the Jets last night but it was what it was. It was a first game of the season and there was a lot of sloppy plays on either side. Not worth reading too much in just yet. Need to see more to really get a handle on what is going to happen, for both teams in that game. 

Not sure why I need a lesson in context. My comment was based on one player's goal.

I happens on this and other Blue Bomber forums, Jets forums, the comments section in newspapers... AND, the media in this city.

Not sure why I need a lesson in context. My comment was based on one player's goal.

I happens on this and other Blue Bomber forums, Jets forums, the comments section in newspapers... AND, the media in this city.

It's the nature of the 'Winnipeg Way' of comparing our accomplishments with those of 'real stars'. 

It's a revision to the 'law of diminishing returns' where the results are still good, but our perception is more humbled.

What Trouba did, on that particular play, reminded me of a DB jumping a route and making that interception.

Smart plays are just that..smart plays. With a good result!

Hah, exact same thing I thought. Looked like Hall tried throwing a lame duck of a wide out to the far sideline, Trouba read the play the whole way, one man to beat, Dubnykov wiffs on the save, boom, pick 6 to the house.

Oi vey......Hall throws the softest, most brutal, blind pass right to Trouba...he didn't have to do anything but walk in and shoot. Puck was on edge and knuckled on Dubnyk, who had no chance on the play. That's all on Hall, and Eakins is going to beat him with bag of valencia oranges for it...

it's not ALL on Hall, yeah it was a terrible pass that he never should have made but Dubnyk played it like an *******. Way too far to the middle of the ice. He's in proper position no way a shot like that goes in from the spot Trouba shot it. Eakins is going to be beating a lot of the Oilers for some of the **** they did in that game, but they still outshot and over all outplayed the Jets, just that when they needed saves Pavelec gave em to Winnipeg and Dubnyk didn't do the same for Edmonton. 

Guys, clearly you are using the wrong name for the Edm. goalie. Didn't you hear the play by play on CBC? It's Dubnykov. (In case you missed the game on TV, yes, Mark Lee I think it was call him Dubnykov, and that is the only name I will find acceptable for him going forward)

I've been watching more Edmonton than Jets game by chance lately;  Hall is playing terribly right now. 

Hall's now a third year player. Beginning to think he'll never be the true impact player everyone  thought he'd be. He's got all the physical tools to be great but maybe not the heart or desire. Then there's RNH who is always injured. His small frame can't take the pounding of an 82 game regular season & then the physical grind of the playoffs. Jordan Eberle may be the only one of those 3 guys who may truly become a great player. I've always liked him from the start. Devan Dubnyk is just not a starting goalie long term in the NHL. Andrej Pavlec drives me nuts sometimes to watch as he gives up some easy goals a times. But he can bear down when he has to. I think Pavs is mentally tougher than Dubnyk & as a Jets fan, I'd take him hands down over Dubnyk. Oilers have lots of talent. But heart wins games over talent all the time.

I've been watching more Edmonton than Jets game by chance lately;  Hall is playing terribly right now. 

Hall's now a third year player. Beginning to think he'll never be the true impact player everyone  thought he'd be. He's got all the physical tools to be great but maybe not the heart or desire. Then there's RNH who is always injured. His small frame can't take the pounding of an 82 game regular season & then the physical grind of the playoffs. Jordan Eberle may be the only one of those 3 guys who may truly become a great player. I've always liked him from the start. Devan Dubnyk is just not a starting goalie long term in the NHL. Andrej Pavlec drives me nuts sometimes to watch as he gives up some easy goals a times. But he can bear down when he has to. I think Pavs is mentally tougher than Dubnyk & as a Jets fan, I'd take him hands down over Dubnyk. Oilers have lots of talent. But heart wins games over talent all the time.

Spoken like a true Calgary fan. Taylor Hall was top 10 in the league in scoring last season and 2nd in the western conference. Is that not an impact player? He was **** these two games but he was playing a new position with RNH and Gagner on the IR. And spare me that crap about RNH being too frail to play, he caught a rut and fell into the boards with no one within 20 feet of him when he hurt his shoulder, he's a hell of a lot stronger and more rounded than people give him credit for. He will be the most valuable of all the OIlers young players while Hall is the heart and soul. He combines those physical skills with the desire to do whatever it takes to make a play happen. He's the guy who will skate head first into the goal post if it means scoring a goal. Eberle is the lowest ceiling of all the Oilers young forwards. Great hands and great hockey IQ but the physical skills aren't up to the same level as the others. He's a great compliment to them though. The Oilers #1 problems is that they have not surrounded the young players with any kind of veteran support. Too much put on the shoulders of teenagers. 

Hall has been terrible this season, but he'll snap out of it. He's too good not to. It's fair to laugh at anybody who thinks he hasn't already shown he's an impact player.

Trouba's potential is insane. He's 19 years old and he was out killing a penalty last night with under 2 minutes to go in the 3rd period of a 1 goal game. He was our best dman last night IMO.

Hall has been terrible this season, but he'll snap out of it. He's too good not to. It's fair to laugh at anybody who thinks he hasn't already shown he's an impact player.

Not everyone can be a top line centre in the NHL, Hall struggled there, but he also had old man Ryan Smyth tied to him both games, Now that Ryan Nugent Hopkins is back Smyth is a healhty scratch and Hall goes back to wing and plays with RNH and Eberle so we are likely to see a much better performance from him tonight and going forward. 

yeah guy who has had 1 injury in his career, a nagging shoulder injury from jr.s that he got fixed in the offseason is too fragile to play, give me a break. Watch the kid play sometime, he played 28 minutes last night, he is a lot stronger in his core and legs than people give him credit for. He's 6'1 and listed at 180 pounds for gods sake