Bryant Turner's comments

B-F-F-C

From todays Winnipeg Sun

Defensive tackle Bryant Turner was a little more accommodating, saying it was a combination of poor coaching and terrible execution. Calgary’s offensive line dominated the Winnipeg defence and created gaping holes for Cornish, who now has 1,415 rushing yards. Kevin Glenn, meanwhile, completed 21 of 29 attempts for 320 yards and two touchdowns in just more than three quarters of work. His quick releases prevented the Bombers from getting a single sack.

Seldom do you see a player come out and criticize the coaches.  This is a sign that some players don't respect the coaches.  

Not good  

Only in Winnipeg would you open a brand new stadium with a 2 - 16, worst team in the history of the organization, gong show like this.

And people wonder why the city/team have such a bad rap????

If Wade doesn't do the right thing and hire an experienced GM to rebuild this steaming pile, then it just confirms what everyone thinks about the city/team.......low budget, second rate outfit that can't attract good coaches and players.

Only in Winnipeg would you open a brand new stadium with a 2 - 16, worst team in the history of the organization, gong show like this.

And people wonder why the city/team have such a bad rap????

If Wade doesn't do the right thing and hire an experienced GM to rebuild this steaming pile, then it just confirms what everyone thinks about the city/team.......low budget, second rate outfit that can't attract good coaches and players.

So who do you realistically think the WBB's should pursue?   You want an experienced GM.   Well all the experienced GM's have jobs with long term contracts.  So who? 

I guess the only one out there wold be Tom Higgins and quite frankly he's been out of the role for a few years.  But honestly I still look at Higgins as still an unproven commodity as a GM. 

Tillman?   Well he's probably more full of himself than Mack was.     

Higgins or John Murphy would be two experienced candidates. McEvoy is BC is another. I'd take any of them over what we currently have.

John Murphy has never been a GM, I'm not sure that qualifies as ''experienced''.

The question is, would he be a better fit as GM than Walters? And would they be able to co-exist? I'm not so sure about that.

Higgins

Tillman

Shivers

Rita

O'Billovich

Maciocia

There's half a dozen guys with GM experience before you even get into AGM's

Sure it's easy to throw out a bunch of names. But Would you really want any of these guys? I'd rather stick with Walters over any of those washed up GM's.

There are a few AGM's out there but still unproven when it comes to running a team on their own.

Hey Miller is already hinting about keeping Burke. I guess Miller has anointed himself as President ( permanent) and GM. The more it changes the more it doesn't

I think you're misinterpreting his comments.  It was reported that Burke will remain the coach for the rest of the season.  I've read or heard nothing where there was any type of commitment past this season. 

Yes, I would want one of those guys, okay maybe not machoka, to spend a couple years assisting Walters, he isn't ready for the big chair yet. A couple years with OB or Rita or Higgins at his side guiding him and getting him connected is the way to go.

Really!   Adam Rita hasn't been a GM since 2010,  Higgins not since 2008 and the others are non starters. 

Higgins would be the only one on the list that I would even give an interview to.   If we're going to look at any current AGM, then we have to give the same consideration to Walters.       

Higgins

Tillman

Shivers

Rita

O'Billovich

Maciocia

Sure it's easy to throw out a bunch of names. But Would you really want any of these guys? I'd rather stick with Walters over any of those washed up GM's.

There are a few AGM's out there but still unproven when it comes to running a team on their own.

So, you'd hire another guy trying to prove himself (Kyle Walters) over a guy (Tom Higgins) who has coached & managed two CFL teams & won a GC in Edmonton? That is  why this team is so bad & has been bad for so long. We keep recycling thru the same inexperienced cheap hires to run the team. Walters has proven exactly, what??? All he should be is a caretaker GM until we hire someone else & that is it. The experienced guy we need here is Higgins. Not Tillman who is a pervert, Macciocia who is a bumbling fool, Obie & Rita who are too old.

Higgins

Tillman

Shivers

Rita

O'Billovich

Maciocia

So, you'd hire another guy trying to prove himself (Kyle Walters) over a guy (Tom Higgins) who has coached & managed two CFL teams & won a GC in Edmonton? That is  why this team is so bad & has been bad for so long. We keep recycling thru the same inexperienced cheap hires to run the team. Walters has proven exactly, what??? All he should be is a caretaker GM until we hire someone else & that is it. The experienced guy we need here is Higgins. Not Tillman who is a pervert, Macciocia who is a bumbling fool, Obie & Rita who are too old.

Glad you're not the President....One guy only? Not even a point in an interview in that case! Not smart!

Higgins

Tillman

Shivers

Rita

O'Billovich

Maciocia

Glad you're not the President....One guy only? Not even a point in an interview in that case! Not smart!

OFFS, what are you talking about??? Talk about twisting things to suit your agenda. I'd interview Walters because he's in the position now, Murphy in Calgary, Higgins. The guy in BC... But my list wouldn't have 15 names on it, no.

Higgins

Tillman

Shivers

Rita

O'Billovich

Maciocia

Too old........70 is the new 50 man, get with it, and who better to hit free agency with than a wily old coot.