Reilly out indefinitely (probably rest of season)

Should have signed in Winnipeg - he could have been on the nine game by week 5!  At any rate, saw this coming, and it's too bad.  Kid was having a heck of a good season on a craptacular team.  I never saw this game so didn't see what happened, I'll watch the replay on TSN broadband.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/eskimos-quarterback-reilly-out-indefinitely-with-concussion/article14616846/?

Eskimos quarterback Reilly out indefinitely with concussion

The Edmonton Eskimos say quarterback Mike Reilly is out indefinitely with a concussion, and dispute suggestions they should have pulled him from the game after he took the vicious blow to the back of his head.

Team general manager Ed Hervey says staff will monitor Reilly’s progress and then make a determination when — or if — he comes back this season.

Collaros, Marsh, Neiswander, Willy, Goltz, Hall, DeMarco, Glenn, Tate, Pierce, and now Crompton will all be available Quarterbacks for the Redblacks(and Bombers) that have gotten extended playing time this season(I guess one of Neiswander and Marsh will be protected by the Als but still...)

Good year for an expansion draft.

Well all I know is that he must be concussed.  

From that article: "Reilly said it was a hard hit but did not contribute to the concussion."

Yeah right.

That was one hell of a hit, and he was completely helpless, and yes, he will be fined.

Reilly has been taking hellacious hits all year long and we all knew this was coming, but somehow, I don't think you can keep him out.

Reilley better change the way he plays or his brains will be like scrambled eggs. The hit was vicious but he put himself  in that position  so it has to be on him to take care of himself.

The Esks have the luxury of two QB masterminds currently looking for work - Mike Kelly and Gary Crowton - capable of designing packages and coming up with plays to make sure Reilly is more protected from now on.  Oh the surfeit of riches of available talent!

Reilley better change the way he plays or his brains will be like scrambled eggs. The hit was vicious but he put himself  in that position  so it has to be on him to take care of himself.

The Esks have the luxury of two QB masterminds currently looking for work - Mike Kelly and Gary Crowton - capable of designing packages and coming up with plays to make sure Reilly is more protected from now on.  Oh the surfeit of riches of available talent!

They might of won a couple of games with Mike Kelly and his propensity for having his quarterbacks under centre.

I know you're being sarcastic but the Bombers allowed the fewest sacks in the league when Mike Kelly was here.

I know you're being sarcastic but the Bombers allowed the fewest sacks in the league when Mike Kelly was here.

Perhaps more two and outs = fewer sack opportunities

We punted 157 times, which was 21 more punts than the next closest team

Mike Reilly taking the first team reps in the walk through portion of practice this morning

I have to ask ..why do it?

Both Reilly and that org. are taking a serious chance here, IMO.

Not to mention the fact that they are in a similar situation to the Bombers as in the season is a right off for all intended purposes. Sit him, make sure he's ready for the 2014 season and build your team around him. Treat the remaining games as a camp to determine who fits well with this QB and the defense to support him. It's sucks if you're paying money to support and watch them but probably better in the long term.

I still can't believe they put him back in the game, even for one play.

I watched that TD throw that Reilly made on the next play, he just kind of threw it up and let Chambers catch it, then he stumbled around wondering what sideline to go to.  He was completely gone, his eyes were totally unfocussed.  I just can't understand what they are doing in Edmonton.