Bombers airlift begins

Mike

Walters said yesterday (on the radio apparently, I didn't hear it) that we'll be adding 7 new players to the PR this week.

4 of them ...

RB Mario Fannin ... cut by Denver in May

DE JD Griggs ... cut by Jacksonville in August

DE/LB Taylor Reed ... cut by Dallas in August

CB Semaj Moody ... cut by Kansas City in August

Don't know the other 3 but Walters said a couple DBs, a couple DL, a new OL and a new RB so I'm assuming there's probably one more DL and one more DB?

Darren Cameron @Darren_Cameron 3m

#Bombers add import RB Mario Fannin (Auburn) and import DE J.D. Griggs (Akron) to practice roster. Also release import RB Bradley Randle.

Well... Randle didn't last long. Are these guys even getting a legit chance? Has the coaching staff really come to the conclusion this fast that these guys haven't showed enough to sit on the PR?

Darren Cameron ‏@Darren_Cameron 3m

#Bombers add import RB Mario Fannin (Auburn) and import DE J.D. Griggs (Akron) to practice roster. Also release import RB Bradley Randle.

Well... Randle didn't last long. Are these guys even getting a legit chance? Has the coaching staff really come to the conclusion this fast that these guys haven't showed enough to sit on the PR?

I'm thinking it's more the opposite.  Randle is maybe getting a shot with another NFL team, I'm not sure.

Some of these American guys probably also just fail to accept the reality of what the situation is all about and come in with high expectations to be plugged into the roster right away.  The nuances of the CFL game, are just too much for some who don't want to learn.

I was looking forward to seeing Randle play...instead this is what they bring in....

Mario Fannin

The 2011 undrafted free agent has yet to play a down thanks to a 2011 torn ACL and 2012 torn Achilles' tendon. Even if he was healthy, he was never going to survive the numbers game in Denver. Injuries have likely wrecked Fannin's shot of ever stepping onto an NFL field. 

I was looking forward to seeing Randle play...instead this is what they bring in....

Mario Fannin

The 2011 undrafted free agent has yet to play a down thanks to a 2011 torn ACL and 2012 torn Achilles' tendon. Even if he was healthy, he was never going to survive the numbers game in Denver. Injuries have likely wrecked Fannin's shot of ever stepping onto an NFL field. 

Well Kory Sheets went undrafted, was picked up by the Dolphins had one carry for 5 yards and was side lined with an achillies injury and never played in the NFL again....now look at him!

Hey speaking of NFL shots, I still haven't heard anything about Aaron Rouse signing on in the "the league."  Almost makes you wonder if somebody was being disingenuous when he left town. 

Boy, I wonder who mentioned that as a possibility. ;)

Mario Fannin

Well Kory Sheets went undrafted, was picked up by the Dolphins had one carry for 5 yards and was side lined with an achillies injury and never played in the NFL again....now look at him!

That may be, but you can never really compare one players injuries to another...All I'm saying is you would think they could find someone who did not have those injuries.

Looks like it might have been Randle's choice to leave.

Bradley Randle #38RB ‏@VIKINGS_Rebel  25m 

GOD & Family decision our choice. Doing what's best for My family. Always have faith.

Bad sign that people get a whiff of this poo show and bolt.  This season cannot end fast enough. 

Bradley Randle #38RB ‏@VIKINGS_Rebel 25m

GOD & Family decision our choice. Doing what's best for My family. Always have faith.

Bad sign that people get a whiff of this poo show and bolt. This season cannot end fast enough.

not too swift on the uptake? he apparently has am NFL sniff and didnt want to commit to a 1 + 1 deal..

Bad sign that people get a whiff of this poo show and bolt. This season cannot end fast enough.

not too swift on the uptake? he apparently has am NFL sniff and didnt want to commit to a 1 + 1 deal..

Oh sorry I missed that.  Other then it being mentioned in this thread.  Which is of course the same as official confirmation. 

Oh sorry I missed that.  Other then it being mentioned in this thread.  Which is of course the same as official confirmation. 

Are you sure you're not a member of the Winnipeg media?  Your instincts to jump to the negative conclusion in every circumstance is something they value and cherish.

Are you sure you're not a member of the Winnipeg media?  Your instincts to jump to the negative conclusion in every circumstance is something they value and cherish.

Isn't jumping to the conlcusion he has NFL interest the same thing?  Is that ok because it's a more comfortable conclusion?  And the Winnipeg media hasn't questioned the Aaron Rouse NFL interest at all even though it was obviously b.s.