Quarterback

pigseye

Wade needs someone who can finish this mess of a season off for him because what they currently have is zippo experience.

Time to give Porter or Jyles a call. Even if they sign someone in the off season, they will still need some competition in camp as well as some veteran backup experience for next year.

Besides the two I mentioned, which other veteran guys are sitting at home waiting for a call.

Wade needs someone who can finish this mess of a season off for him because what they currently have is zippo experience.

Time to give Porter or Jyles a call. Even if they sign someone in the off season, they will still need some competition in camp as well as some veteran backup experience for next year.

Besides the two I mentioned, which other veteran guys are sitting at home waiting for a call.

If the CEO is finding players, there are going to be huge issues down the line. His job is strictly managing the business side of the Bombers. His job is to find our next GM, and then the GM will find a Quarterback. If we have a CEO interfering with football ops, we're right back where we started before the cleaning of the house.

If the CEO is finding players, there are going to be huge issues down the line. His job is strictly managing the business side of the Bombers. His job is to find our next GM, and then the GM will find a Quarterback. If we have a CEO interfering with football ops, we're right back where we started before the cleaning of the house.

That's long term, when you're operating with an interim GM, I'd consider this extra-ordinary circumstances, and he was hired to fi the football ops side because what they currently have can't get the job done and I wouldn't want them making any decisions anyways.

Play Hall for the rest of the season, then get a new QB.  Nothing to be gained from bringing in a has been or never was just because they have some experience.

Same old problem for the Bombers, no experience in the bull pen, needs to stop at some point and might as well be now.

Play Hall for the rest of the season, then get a new QB.  Nothing to be gained from bringing in a has been or never was just because they have some experience.

Same old problem for the Bombers, no experience in the bull pen, needs to stop at some point and might as well be now.

There are no long term solutions available right now. The shot we had at securing a Collaros or Willy or whoever is long gone now.There is no point in bringing in any retreads. TB is right, with 5 games to go, we're going to have to suck it up and ride this thing in. 

The fact that Burke is still employed as HC here tells me we are hanging on until the offseason when the real purge will begin. I just hope that the Bombers haven't burned up every scrap of goodwill by then. It is going to take some monumental changes/promises to get the fans back now.  

The fact there will be another team in the league next season makes acquiring any what you can now, even more important, for every QB Ottawa takes another has to replace him, that's going to be 8 - 10 more faces in the league. Grab what you can now is the prudent thing to do when your cupboard is bare. Free agency is too big a crap shoot.

uh.. we had buck pierce and people freaked out.. he had lots of experience didnt he?

we NEED to find our starting qb. exclaimation point. there is nothing else of the same level of importance..

Hall can stick around and either be the guy off the bench or if he improves, be in the mix for #1. if im gm, im calling toronto everyday offering whatever it takes to land collaros.. i said it before and i still believe he is the best of the backups right now.. great arm, excellent escapability and seems to understand the cfl thus far... could he **** the bed here? of course. unfortunately, we dont have the luxury of finding our own as we.simply suck at it..

This not about signing a reject to be our franchise QB, we all know that they will try to do that in free agency.

This about getting some depth behind him and having a backup with experience if needed.

And just to appease the fan club, Joey Elliot would make a fine #2 behind whoever we get in free agency.

#1 Free agent QB

#2 Joey Elliot type backup

#3 The project ala BLM in Calgary

The QB positions needs depth just like all the rest of them.

Its funny how Max Hall gets referred to as a 'young' QB still developing... the guy made it to the NFL - played exactly the same as he's playing here - then basically 'retired' to coach.  I just don't understand how we thought this would turn out any different.

Its funny how Max Hall gets referred to as a 'young' QB still developing... the guy made it to the NFL - played exactly the same as he's playing here - then basically 'retired' to coach.  I just don't understand how we thought this would turn out any different.

The guy threw 78 passes in the NFL...you're trying to make him look like a vet. The only thing you're right about is the interceptions.

You do realize any new QB needs AT LEAST 2-3 weeks MINIMUM to learn the system to even step on the field right? QB's on teams have seen and can study playbooks prior to training camp, anybody new will not have that luxury, and you want to throw said person into the line up as a starter...

Unreal. Again, this fan base...

This not about signing a reject to be our franchise QB, we all know that they will try to do that in free agency.

This about getting some depth behind him and having a backup with experience if needed.

And just to appease the fan club, Joey Elliot would make a fine #2 behind whoever we get in free agency.

#1 Free agent QB

#2 Joey Elliot type backup

#3 The project ala BLM in Calgary

The QB positions needs depth just like all the rest of them.

I'd take

Collaros

Elliott

Developmental Guy

You do realize any new QB needs AT LEAST 2-3 weeks MINIMUM to learn the system to even step on the field right? QB's on teams have seen and can study playbooks prior to training camp, anybody new will not have that luxury, and you want to throw said person into the line up as a starter...

Is frustrated, fed up & tired of the excuses. We demand more. We should get more. As usual we get nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, we are progressing, albeit in a reverse scenario.

We finally, without Buck, are getting a look at who shouldn't be here, whether as a starter or back up.

That is worth something because it's looking, possibly, as there will be one or maybe no returnees.

It's just that we have to be ready, this time, to snag the one we go after...no excuses.

Well, now we know there is no one behind him.

I'd like to know what the hell they were doing with this guy who looked so completely out of tune with everything around him. He looked so far from prepared, it seemed he was the one on the practice roster or even just off the bus.

And I gotta tell you, you didn't have to leave him in for a half to see what you had.

Hall #1

Goltz #2

Cut Boltus, activate Brown. Move on.