Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

But the Riders will still have to declare the money they spent on the taxi squad, so when you add all the costs together, that has to exceed $100,000 by a good bit.

Again, I do not know this but believe the 26k was the amount of having the players here, that's why it was deducted. Definitely a possibility that more fall out is coming from the incident. I hope not, this year has been painful enough.  Congrats on the big win this week guys.

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Should have went hard after Sinkfield....Sure could have used him...error on Walters, who hasn't made that many this year...Oh well I guess we fly with what we have and pray we don't take anymore nics in the receiving corps....B.C. get's a good one and a lot tougher..crap.

I don't know whether or not we can make that assumption..

Maybe we did try..

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Or maybe Sinkfield ruled out Winnipeg as an option which would make this a non-starter for Walters. 

What you say?....the Bombers on the rise and you know we're going to be in the thick of things...His loss I guess when the Bombers move on in the playoffs and B.C. is sitting on the sidelines...heh heh

4 hours ago, tracker said:

Now those two big-ticket items are off the books, but before? Can you honestly tell me that all those taxi-squad players the Riders have been hiding, feeding, housing and paying are not going to count against the cap?

I don't for a second believe the league would have stopped the cheating as soon as they did if Bo Levi hadn't spilled the beans.

I assume they fined him because they finally had to penalize their golden goose. 

They even dropped Dunk from their site to appease those morons.

To answer your question, I believe the league will do their very best to not penalize the Rider's any more than the bare minimum to make it look like they're being fair. Do you really think that 2013 roster was only $18000 (or whatever they pretended) over the cap?

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

*could HAVE..........and Noel Thorpe was the consensus pick....(with some talk of Calvillo or Kavis)

Wow my brain is definitely not functioning..  (I have a 3 week old baby at home).....   Thorpe is the obvious choice duh!!

I wonder if Thorpe bolts to Edmonton to replace Maas and Benevides?