Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

I think everyone understands Pederson's firing. He went full on crazy--drunk-uncle this year. 

Firing Dunk was a mistake. It's not like CFL.ca provides a lot of great content. You've got team puff pieces and then scouting content. Now all you've got is puff pieces. Dunk also was a good reporter. The CFL made a mistake on this one.

7 hours ago, tracker said:

As I understand it, the Riders are up against the cap, so handing out buckets of money is probably not an option. And then he would have to put up with Jones, and if Muamba has any self-respect, that would not go well. But crazier things have happened and having a Canadian star middle linebacker would be very tempting to some- enough to do some creative financing.

Now fielding the finest team that money can buy!

e111d70c52fa3e94954415d8abce07cb6ad71dfd

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:02 PM, tracker said:

As I understand it, the Riders are up against the cap, so handing out buckets of money is probably not an option. And then he would have to put up with Jones, and if Muamba has any self-respect, that would not go well. But crazier things have happened and having a Canadian star middle linebacker would be very tempting to some- enough to do some creative financing.

Can you provide a link to back up that statement?  The riders are in good cap shape. Labatte and Best's salary are off books for almost the whole season. Go ahead and bash the riders all you want but try to be accurate.  

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Can you provide a link to back up that statement?  The riders are in good cap shape. Labatte and Best's salary are off books for almost the whole season. Go ahead and bash the riders all you want but try to be accurate.  

It all depends on how their contracts were structured, and given on what we know about Taman and Jones, I'd say that its a fairly good bet that a lot of the salary for guys like Best and LaBatte was more in the form of bonuses and less in the form of salary.

6 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

It all depends on how their contracts were structured, and given on what we know about Taman and Jones, I'd say that its a fairly good bet that a lot of the salary for guys like Best and LaBatte was more in the form of bonuses and less in the form of salary.

So you got nothing either. Murphy has said many times in interviews that we are in good shape. Is he lying? I don't know, but until I hear otherwise other than fans opinions, I guess I'll believe him.

7 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Certainly a strong possibility. Also factor in cap penalties, signing bonuses paid to retirees, and the salaries for Best & Labatte's replacements, and a lot of those saving could be gone.

18 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Now those two big-ticket items are off the books, but before? Can you honestly tell me that all those taxi-squad players the Riders have been hiding, feeding, housing and paying are not going to count against the cap?

9 minutes ago, tracker said:

Now those two big-ticket items are off the books, but before? Can you honestly tell me that all those taxi-squad players the Riders have been hiding, feeding, housing and paying are not going to count against the cap?

That was the 26k they took off our cap for the year that went with the 60k fine. I think that's how it went down

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

That was the 26k they took off our cap for the year that went with the 60k fine. I think that's how it went down

But the Riders will still have to declare the money they spent on the taxi squad, so when you add all the costs together, that has to exceed $100,000 by a good bit.