Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

On 9/28/2016 at 0:06 PM, Stickem said:

I agree....why is it that none of our pics seem to be interested in joining us???Bilukudi...Mulumba....not to mention Muamba (who I don't really care to mention but nonetheless)...To be fair I guess they aren't 'quite' finished with their nfl gigs....or if they have, haven't expressed any interest that we know of...I think Jefferson is about to sign with the Esks....orr the green guys...Do we not measure up.?????

Much as  I have distaste for Muamba's antics, he would simultaneously be a stud MLB and an instant answer for our injury-depleted NI talent. He would also make Hurl expendable.

Edited by tracker

5 hours ago, JCon said:

That 'punishment' is a joke.

This is terrible. Hit a ref and we'll make you stand further away so you can't reach them next time.

I'm surprised there's nothing in there blaming the ref for allowing himself to be hit.

Stolen joke: It's a slap on the wrist for a slap on the wrist.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

"We will have zero tolerance - in fact, just to show you how serious we are, you get sent to your room for a week and you have to pay a fine that your private owner will pay for you!"

What an absolute joke.

Definitely agree and, I think it was Dee who said (if not, I apologise to who did), you have to hold a coach to a higher standard than a player. Had that been a player I am sure the league would have reacted very strongly so the hypocrisy is appalling. 

19 hours ago, Rich said:

This part bugs me.

If there is no precedent, then you should take this opportunity to set it to be how you want it.  Now you've made a horrible precedent.

If I try to read between the lines ... Orridge is being bullied on this.   He probably wanted to suspend Austin for the week ... practice and game, which would have been the right thing to do.   Hamilton complained loudly, so he backed down and they agreed on this compromise.  Now he wants something in writing so the next time the team can't bully him and he can point to the rules.  

Toothless commish.  Orridge has been a mistake.

Hamilton has a powerful owner... not saying that definitely played a factor... but it's hard to ignore it...

On 27/09/2016 at 4:43 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Sask' Stadium's ready to roll for uni game. Here's what 100m more gets ya. Steep seats on the end?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cityregina/28743386024/in/photostream/

Pretty nice barn... great for the city, the team and the league... the only downside is we now have to listen to incessant Riderfan nonsense about this being the greatest stadium in football history and how it makes Jerry world look like a dump... 

44 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Pretty nice barn... great for the city, the team and the league... the only downside is we now have to listen to incessant Riderfan nonsense about this being the greatest stadium in football history and how it makes Jerry world look like a dump... 

Matched only, in a historical context, with the Coliseum in Rome.

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hope he's okay. He deserves a better fate than an injury prior to his first start.

I am really pulling for him to have some success in Toronto, hope it's not serious. Last week in spot duty, he sure looked like the Willy we had here to start the year, heavy on the check downs to Brandon Whitaker and taking anything he could underneath (save for the deep shot to Gurley, which was underthrown). Hopefully he has had more of an opportunity to expand his knowledge of their playbook.