Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So... has Montreal now overtaken Sask for being the biggest gongshow show in the league? 

That's recency bias. Sask has been a sustained gongshow going all season long. That trumps the current drama in Montreal.

I'm sure we can trust Jones to 'up his game' in the next few weeks to take the headlines once again.

Edited by JCon
Typo

if you hear Cato's back story, its no surprise why he hates Duron.  Cato came from nothing, experienced horrific events growing up and is now trying to create a living playing football for himself and his family.  Duron grew up as a rich kid, has a huge safety net, all of the athletic talents a human could want and does not care about the team or winning.  Cato is their best QB right now and in the spotlight knowing if he cant deliver wins here his job will be up for grabs at the end of the year.  Pressure on that guy must be insane considering everything going on in his life. 

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Cato has lost his mind. They traded Glenn for draft picks. No one else except Adams.

Adams is interesting. Can't really say 'scary' until we see him play, but:

Eastern Washington head coach Beau Baldwin seems to have a knack for developing quarterbacks who can flourish in the Canadian Football League. Matt Nichols, Mike Reilly and Bo Levi Mitchell all played for the 44-year-old during their college careers. And so did Vernon Adams, who Montreal sees as a potential franchise man.

http://3downnation.com/2016/09/03/qa-cfl-qb-whisperer-beau-baldwin/

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

It's a really tight race for biggest circus this year. Signing a nazi might have sealed the deal for the Riders though.

You have to factor in that he never played. I'd say its still up for grabs. Montreal is coming on strong, I think they are going to pull it off.

9 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

It's a really tight race for biggest circus this year. Signing a nazi might have sealed the deal for the Riders though.

what about shunning the comish from coming to your dinner because your "professional" organization perceives there to be a conspiracy against your team when it is plain as day to every one that team is just very very shitty at playing football.

Talking about the pressure on Cato ... man, playing quarterback must suck so badly.  Your success is entirely dependent on other people.  If you've got a crappy OL or receivers who can't get open, you're just hooped, but you can't point fingers or make excuses because then you look like Casey Printers.

A goaltender can look good even if the team around them sucks badly.  A stellar pitcher is a stellar pitcher no matter how bad their team is.  But even the best QB is helpless if their team isn't any good.

3 hours ago, peggars said:

if you hear Cato's back story, its no surprise why he hates Duron.  Cato came from nothing, experienced horrific events growing up and is now trying to create a living playing football for himself and his family.  Duron grew up as a rich kid, has a huge safety net, all of the athletic talents a human could want and does not care about the team or winning.  Cato is their best QB right now and in the spotlight knowing if he cant deliver wins here his job will be up for grabs at the end of the year.  Pressure on that guy must be insane considering everything going on in his life. 

I don't begrudge Carter's upbringing as a rich kid. What I do begrudge is that his Dad spoiled him. He has been an entitled brat since he got to college & he should've been set straight by his family. That being said, doesn't excuse Cato going off the deep end. Ranting, raving & fighting with teammates won't bring his friend back. If he's that upset then he shouldn't be starting this week.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, Chaosmonkey said:

Mods? You going to step in here? Pretty sure this is worth a ban.

hey I didn't say to give Justin Goltz or Jason Boltus another chance did I?  Lifetime ban for that...

Here's the log of the Lions-Bombers game in 2013 - Lions QB's DeMarco, Buck Pierce and Joey Elliot.  With Max Hall and Jason Boltus that means 4 Bomber current and former QB's played in this game.  Don't think I've ever seen that before.

http://www.cfl.ca/games/1953/bc-lions-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/#boxscore

Edited by kelownabomberfan