Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

The suite lounges sure look nice. I'm having a hard time spotting cup holders anywhere other than the suites... do the basic seats not have cup holders? I honestly can't tell from these pics.

I think the cup holders are like ours on the back of the seat in front. Not easy to see in these pictures.

I am not a fan out the suites myself. It doesn't look like you have any option for outdoor seating and not a lot of privacy from one suite to the next. One of the things I like about our suites is both indoor and outdoor seating options and inside you can actually talk or do a little business. Sadly the sight lines from some of our suites sucks ass.

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I think the cup holders are like ours on the back of the seat in front. Not easy to see in these pictures.

I am not a fan out the suites myself. It doesn't look like you have any option for outdoor seating and not a lot of privacy from one suite to the next. One of the things I like about our suites is both indoor and outdoor seating options and inside you can actually talk or do a little business. Sadly the sight lines from some of our suites sucks ass.

I believe the glass can be slid out of the way, so the whole suite can be opened up to the outdoors for their suites.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bombers need to add one of these pieces.

BC did it with Sinkfield. Edmonton did it with Hunt. Now Calgary is doing it with Law.

Let's go boys. Gear up!

I agree....why is it that none of our pics seem to be interested in joining us???Bilukudi...Mulumba....not to mention Muamba (who I don't really care to mention but nonetheless)...To be fair I guess they aren't 'quite' finished with their nfl gigs....or if they have, haven't expressed any interest that we know of...I think Jefferson is about to sign with the Esks....orr the green guys...Do we not measure up.?????

https://press.cfl.ca/statement-regarding-kent-austin

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 — TORONTO (September 28, 2016) -- Today the Canadian Football League (CFL) released the following statement:

Respect for officials is a basic tenet of sport. Their impartial participation makes fair competition possible. And their security is paramount. That is why it is absolutely unacceptable for a coach to confront an official and make contact with him, even if that contact was inadvertent and accidental.

For his behaviour in a sideline incident with an on field official during his team’s game on Saturday, September 24th, Hamilton Tiger-Cat Vice-President of Football Operations and Head Coach Kent Austin will be removed from the sidelines for the Tiger-Cats' next game, this Saturday, October 1st. He will be allowed in the spotters’ booth but he will not have the privilege of joining his team on the field or interacting with officials on the field. Furthermore, Coach Austin is fined $10,000. A penalty of this magnitude levied against a coach for an interaction with an official is unprecedented in our league.

Our examination of this situation did not yield a comparable precedent on which to base a decision. That has highlighted for me the need to develop and announce a clear policy that makes crystal clear that there will be zero tolerance of physical contact with officials, whatever its nature, and immediate and serious penalties should such contact occur. That work is now underway.

-- Jeffrey L. Orridge CFL Commissioner

This part bugs me.

Our examination of this situation did not yield a comparable precedent on which to base a decision. That has highlighted for me the need to develop and announce a clear policy that makes crystal clear that there will be zero tolerance of physical contact with officials, whatever its nature, and immediate and serious penalties should such contact occur. That work is now underway

If there is no precedent, then you should take this opportunity to set it to be how you want it.  Now you've made a horrible precedent.

If I try to read between the lines ... Orridge is being bullied on this.   He probably wanted to suspend Austin for the week ... practice and game, which would have been the right thing to do.   Hamilton complained loudly, so he backed down and they agreed on this compromise.  Now he wants something in writing so the next time the team can't bully him and he can point to the rules.  

Toothless commish.  Orridge has been a mistake.

52 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Funny there was no major out cry across the league about tarnishing its reputation with this Austin incident.  Surely Bo must be offended in some way about this travesty.

That's because the only fanbase that tends to whine and cry loud enough for there to be a declared "out cry" is the Riders. And they don't care about this as much because it didn't directly affect Canada's Team.