Final Cuts

Jpan85

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I'm assuming we start 8 Nats for flexibility reasons again. 

5 Nats on offence. Westerman shologan and... 

We would need one other national on the defensive side of the ball. Rotation between Hurl, Briggs, Waggoner, D Jones, Loffler?

With the depth of our young NI's i doubt we start 8 ni. We have flexibility is the quality of our depth.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Pretty surprised about Veltung, Bucknor, and Daniels

jace daniels? really? thats a big shock to me. Though I think bond is better i find that very surprising. perhaps the PR?

Im not too surprised about veltung. He's shown some flashes here and there but far few and far between. No sergio either. No anderson is almost as big a surprise as jace. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

jace daniels? really? thats a big shock to me. Though I think bond is better i find that very surprising. perhaps the PR?

Im not too surprised about veltung. He's shown some flashes here and there but far few and far between. No sergio either. No anderson is almost as big a surprise as jace. 

No PR for Daniels.  There is an open spot still though.

Edited by bigg jay

McDuffie i can see because of his return skills but to me its surprising they decided to keep Davis, Mayo, AND Shepperd over Veltung. Seeing as Veltung already had a year under his belt and did give the team another option at returner. I guess maybe they wanted more height to go along with the two twins from ND.

4 hours ago, do or die said:

Not surprised based on Bucknor's play, the last couple of years.   Surprised that this club finally had the stones to do it. 

Jobs are definitely on the line this season. At least there is now a perception that tough decisions are being made.

I'm not surprised by Veltung.  Personally I didn't see anything from him in Preseason.  I stated that in chat in the first game.  And I'm going to steal Mike's tag line "called it".

And "called it" again for them keeping Flanders and releasing Anderson.  Flanders looks like a lot more potential.

Had a feeling Mayo would be kept as well.  He showed some flashes of something out there.

Mediocracy...meet thy new participants...

Carlos Anderson could not match what Tim Flanders brought to TC this year. And that's a good thing.              Dieke, was in tough and just didn't show enough.                                                                                                 Jace Daniels - we all wanted him to be the answer at import O-line guy. He wasn't.                                             Bucknor? - really, it was only a matter of time.                                                                                                        Veltung - not a surprise to me. He was easily surpassed by a number of receivers, two of whom were cut along with him...Talley and Williams (but I will remember that fine TD catch from Bennett)                                                  Green was only a mild surprise.

Added to the PR - 

M. Foketi, T. Mayo, P. Scott, L. Richardson, Cronk, Roberts, Hubbard, Sheppard and Flanders.

The Bombers aren't ready to say goodbye to Richardson and Cronk (they still may be needed) Mayo, Hubbard, Sheppard and especially Flanders played their way on to the team. CJ Roberts was intriguing for me. He looked like he was capable or could have been ishful thinking. Don't know enough about Foketi (other than they like him) or Scott, but - welcome to the team one and all.

Please remember also the Bombers can only offer PR spot for the guys who didnt make 46. It's upto the players to accept or not. Some players (like the vets) will think they can land a spot on some team. 

Doesn't mean the player was cut a PR spot was not offered to them. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Really? ALL the other WR's in camp, including the other ones cut, showed you more than Veltung? Ill give you McDuffie and maybe Sheppard but the other guys did nothing in my mind to unseat Veltung, especially with him already spending a year with the team. I guess the coaches saw something or maybe they just wanted more height or to save some money?