BC Lions @ SaskJones Implosions (preseason game)

IC Khari

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hey, if we can only win two. I did say minimal goals.

Better be more than 2 wins. I bet on the over on Bodog when I heard they had BB at 6.5 wins for the season. 

Not to worry ,just a tiny bit of money but 6.5 is silly not to. 

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Better be more than 2 wins. I bet on the over on Bodog when I heard they had BB at 6.5 wins for the season. 

Not to worry ,just a tiny bit of money but 6.5 is silly not to. 

I guess they only get credited with a .5 for a win over the Riders since they are not even half of what a team should be at this point ;)

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

I'm surprised that the semi-desperate Riders didn't chase Butcher. He has to be a way better gamble than Reaves.

Butcher is DL, I believe Reaves is DE.  Also Butcher is still our property, in the grey hazy not actually written down code of honour governing draft picks in the CFL that go back to school.

25 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Butcher is DL, I believe Reaves is DE.  Also Butcher is still our property, in the grey hazy not actually written down code of honour governing draft picks in the CFL that go back to school.

Dillon Guy was BC's property according to that code too but Saskatchewan still grabbed him.

2 hours ago, saskbluefan said:

Having Reaves make the team as a Defensive Lineman is almost Joe Mackian.  Ricky Clarke better stay close to his phone. 

I can understand the Riders conducting this experiment on the PR but it seems desperate to try it on the roster.  The wild card being how well Reaves plays on ST, he may not play a snap as a starter this year and still make a worthwhile contribution like many ST players.

50 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Dillon Guy was BC's property according to that code too but Saskatchewan still grabbed him.

I'm wondering if Jones is going to hurt his chances of getting a deal done in the future by raiding the PR at the time of year where most GMs know it's dirty pool to raid the PR.

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

well, technically it sounded like Guy and The other guy lol declined a PR spot... so they basically became free agents, Riders scooped them. 

Yes. Which is exactly what the Bombers did to us last year with Troy Stoudmire and Ottawa did to us with Alex Pierzniski. Also Hamilton did same to get Marcus Thigpen too. Happens all the time guys, honest question??  Would Wally Buono bat a eye at stealing a player from the Bombers if it would help his team??

20 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Yes. Which is exactly what the Bombers did to us last year with Troy Stoudmire and Ottawa did to us with Alex Pierzniski. Also Hamilton did same to get Marcus Thigpen too. Happens all the time guys, honest question??  Would Wally Buono bat a eye at stealing a player from the Bombers if it would help his team??

You're right, I don't consider this raiding the PR.  The guys turned down the PR offer and signed somewhere for a real contract.  Can you blame them, or the Riders?

I believe the so-called Unwritten Rule applying to practice rosters is to avoid grabbing guys once they have agreed to be on a practice roster.

23 hours ago, Atomic said:

I see the Riders released Aaron Picton, I believe he could be a good candidate for a PR spot here

Picton had good camp, plays center and Guard. Only 23 years old. Played for Regina Rams. Actually surprised we cut him TBH. I think he will get signed elsewhere

4 hours ago, IC Khari said:

I guess they only get credited with a .5 for a win over the Riders since they are not even half of what a team should be at this point ;)

Do you ever have anything valueable to say? Post after post you bash the Riders and their fans. Atleast if you are going to do it, come up with some quality arguments.

52 minutes ago, klutch said:

Do you ever have anything valueable to say? Post after post you bash the Riders and their fans. Atleast if you are going to do it, come up with some quality arguments.

incredibly-stupid.gif

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

You're right, I don't consider this raiding the PR.  The guys turned down the PR offer and signed somewhere for a real contract.  Can you blame them, or the Riders?

I believe the so-called Unwritten Rule applying to practice rosters is to avoid grabbing guys once they have agreed to be on a practice roster.

That clarifies things. The article I read didn't include the players declining a PR spot, it said the Riders signed players off the BC PR. Not too much stepping on toes if the players were not actually on the PR.

What I don't understand is Justin Dunk reported that the BC players declined PR spots and thus were considered FAs... no problem with that... but then he also says that Sask has to add them to the active roster immediately... if they were FAs then could they not be added to any part of the roster?

2 hours ago, klutch said:

I dunno - I thought it was pretty funny myself. I've read a lot (and I mean a LOT) worse on the Rider's forums about the Bombers and their fans. But to set the record straight, the 'half' games are so there is no 'grey' area here. 6.5 means if they 7 games, you win your bet, if they win 6 games (or less) you lose. Same with scores. if it was '7' the argument would be 'well, if they win '7' do I win my bet or not'. Well, at 6.5 its pretty black and white how many wins (or losses) a team needs or how many points (that's why over/unders are always '##.5'). But I liked Khari's spin on it, quite clever. Its' all in jest so don't worry about it too much ;)

Edited by KptKrunch

3 hours ago, KptKrunch said:

I dunno - I thought it was pretty funny myself. I've read a lot (and I mean a LOT) worse on the Rider's forums about the Bombers and their fans. But to set the record straight, the 'half' games are so there is no 'grey' area here. 6.5 means if they 7 games, you win your bet, if they win 6 games (or less) you lose. Same with scores. if it was '7' the argument would be 'well, if they win '7' do I win my bet or not'. Well, at 6.5 its pretty black and white how many wins (or losses) a team needs or how many points (that's why over/unders are always '##.5'). But I liked Khari's spin on it, quite clever. Its' all in jest so don't worry about it too much ;)

lwBUejm.gif

14 hours ago, bearpants said:

What I don't understand is Justin Dunk reported that the BC players declined PR spots and thus were considered FAs... no problem with that... but then he also says that Sask has to add them to the active roster immediately... if they were FAs then could they not be added to any part of the roster?

I think the assumption is that if they didn't accept PR spots in BC, they won't in Saskatchewan either.