BC Lions @ SaskJones Implosions (preseason game)

IC Khari

I don't understand why knowledgable football fans put any stock into the preseason games. Come on guys, they mean nothing. Some teams like Montreal and SK are playing more CFL rookies than others. In the 1st Qtr of the 1st game the Bombers were playing their whole 1st team. Other than a hurt Dressler. Where as in SK Jones started his 1st team Oline but the majority behind Center was played by 1st year BJ Coleman. Plus Jones was rotating more 1st year guys than the Riders have ever seen. A Ridiculous comment earlier was that the Bombers back ups could blow away the Riders back ups. I don't think the Riders even know who their back ups are yet.

I've looked and read on each team across the league. Some teams are ahead of others at this point. Some teams have far more players in camp than others do. Simply out necessity... Montreal and SK have the most players I've ever seen in their camps. I'm not surprised in SK as Murphy loved to bring in as many players as possible when he was heading things up for Huff in Calgary. Now he's doing the same thing in SK.  I remember the Detroit Lions winning all 4 preseason games  then went on to having a zero win season. I also remember both Montreal and SK having lost both of their preseason games. Actually being blown out in 1 of them  then going on to win the Grey Cup. How about the 0-5 lions wining the Grey Cup or the 5 - 1 Bombers not making the playoffs. All I'm trying to say is don't be planning the parade from what you see in preseason. In fact most CFL teams that go on to do great things are the teams that get healthy and start to really gel the second half of the season. All the leagues QB's are back and healthy except Collaros, he should be back real soon. So, I think the league will see more parity in 2016 than it has in a long long time. As long as QB's Ray, Collaros, Durant, Willy, Reily and Lulay stay healthy.

I have no doubt Travis will be #1 in BC with Jennings backing him up. When Travis Lulay is healthy... look out. Same with Durant in SK. Darian has always been underestimated. Darian had SK at 8-2 when he went down at the Banjo Bowl in 2014. When Darian plays the Riders are usually very competitive. After trading Willy to Winnipeg. SK has never found a capable back up to replace him.

I just hope Willy and Durant are both healthy when they meet up. We need both these QBs playing all season.  It will be great football.  It should be fun watching the amount of ex Riders now playing On the Winnipeg Blue Riders (joking of course)

in order for the CFL to have a promising year, they need success on the Prairie teams. 

I can't wait for the regular season to begin  

Good luck to all  

Edited by 3RD AND 1

On June 11, 2016 at 8:23 PM, White Out said:

I think it would be only appropriate and good for the country for the Condoms to finish dead last this season. Let them finish their last season in their toilet of a stadium in the basement where historically they belong

There is no historical facts of the Riders finishing last. If anything look up statistics 1st. The Riders may not have won as many GC as other teams. However they have been to the GC far more than a lot of other current CFL teams. 

Sometimes hatred makes people say unsubstantiated things. Also your post is verging on disrespect by the ridiculous name calling of another team. I'm sure any Bomber fan would be up in arms if any other teams fan came on here and called the Bombers disrespectful names. 

14 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

There is no historical facts of the Riders finishing last. If anything look up statistics 1st. The Riders may not have won as many GC as other teams. However they have been to the GC far more than a lot of other current CFL teams. 

Sometimes hatred makes people say unsubstantiated things. Also your post is verging on disrespect by the ridiculous name calling of another team. I'm sure any Bomber fan would be up in arms if any other teams fan came on here and called the Bombers disrespectful names. 

It's the Riders, and we're Bomberfans, it's what we do ;)

35 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

There is no historical facts of the Riders finishing last.

So last year was just a bad dream then.

35 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Also your post is verging on disrespect by the ridiculous name calling of another team.

If you want to see fans dissing other teams (especially the Bombers), try visiting Riderfans.

5 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

So last year was just a bad dream then.

If you want to see fans dissing other teams (especially the Bombers), try visiting Riderfans.

I think Mr. "Somewhere in Canada" is perfectly aware of what goes on in Riderfans and is probably an enthusiastic participant.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

38 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

I gather you don't go on their site and read what they have to say about our team, our fans and our city.  I would be kind of good  to see them go say 0-4 to start the season just knowing  there's some guy back there  who wants to throw up yet again. 

However, it's a fun thing. Fills in time when not much is happening.

54 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

My post may disrespect the ugliest fan base in Canada by a mile? The most obnoxious, abusive, trailer trash garbage our country has?

Oh no. So sorry about that.

13 minutes ago, LeBird said:

I would be kind of good  to see them go say 0-4 to start the season just knowing  there's some guy back there  who wants to throw up yet again. 

It's the end of the pre-season and Owen's already in Regina (0-2). Here's hoping that he stays there for the regular season.

Durant looked really rusty yesterday. His 'throws' were ok but often off the mark. 'Riders couldn't get much going really until their backups came in against the Eskie backups, but even then a few well timed turnovers cost the 'riders any momentum they were gaining. 

Liked how the Eskies looked, there was definitely a 'fire' there from the returning vets against their old coach. But these games don't count regardless, the real bullets start flying next week, and I've always waited until the end of July for all the dust to settle to start watching critically. IMO in the West especially we might see how good (or bad) the teams really are with all the new coaches (and players) until then. Just happy we get to see the football season very soon now!!! 

1 hour ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

White Out referred to the Condoms. He said nothing about the Riders. Oh, I get it. You must refer to the rr's as Condoms. I had no idea that rr fans nicked there home team as Condoms.

2 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Let me guess, you're from Saskatchewan?  I'm guessing you are since your last paragraph makes no sense.  We're not going to other people's forums to disrespect them, we're doing it on our own turf.  So yes, if someone came on our turf and disrespected us, we would be up in arms.  Just like they would if we went to their forum and disrespected their team.  I would venture a guess that every forum out there disrespects the other teams they don't root for.

Dear lord, Rider fans are so annoying.  Not unlike mosquitoes.

3 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Also your post is verging on disrespect by the ridiculous name calling of another team. I'm sure any Bomber fan would be up in arms if any other teams fan came on here and called the Bombers disrespectful names. 

Let me get this outta the way, then we'll get on with the new improved Justin Trudeau style football fan website (whoops apparently he doesn't play fair and likes to use his elbows ... nevermind) ;)

CFLSSKCFL_Roughriderssuck.gif~c200

ridercake-1-1.jpg

darian-durant.jpg

saskatchewan-sucks-190x300.jpg DQfEpGtH.jpg

Saskatchewan.jpg

2286109.jpg

d7bf05373931642f1f74a66bb6de5859.jpg

b0HKkTT.gif

Edited by IC Khari

Riders TX

RELEASED:

• National offensive lineman Kadeem Adams
  • National defensive back Troy Adams
  • National defensive lineman Tim Agbaje
  • International offensive lineman Tre’Von Armstead
  • International wide receiver Damarr Aultman
  • International running back Terrance Cobb
  • International defensive back Victor Dean Jr.
  • International wide receiver Clarence Denmark
  • International defensive back Marquis Drayton
  • International running back Michael Dyer
  • International wide receiver Qudarius Ford
  • National linebacker Dillon Grondin
  • International defensive back Tyree Hollins
  • National wide receiver Kyle Kawamoto
  • National offensive lineman Aaron Picton
  • National wide receiver Randy Roseway
  • International linebacker Marte Sears
  • International quarterback Brett Smith
  • International defensive back Xavier Walker
  • International defensive lineman Markus White

MOVED TO 6-GAME INJURED LIST:

• National defensive lineman Dylan Ainsworth
  • International quarter back Phillip Sims
  • International offensive lineman Jarriel King
  • International defensive lineman Eric Norwood
  • National offensive lineman Matt Vonk

ADDED TO PRACTICE ROSTER:

• National defensive back Joel Brtka
  • International defensive lineman Tony Criswell
  • International defensive back Johnnie Dixon
  • National offensive lineman Kennedy Estelle
  • International offensive lineman Marcus Hall
  • National offensive lineman Hasan Hazime
  • International wide receiver Ryan Lankford
  • National offensive lineman Alex McKay
  • National linebacker Alex Ogbongbemiga
  • National wide receiver Josh Stanford

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Not only that, but they cut Brett Smith, leaving them with only 2 QB's on the roster and the CFL mandates 3. Durant's missed most of the last 2 seasons, so it's even worse IMO.

They still have Sims but they flipped him to the 6 game IR so he can get in shape.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne