Main Camp

Floyd

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

First camp in a long time that it seems like they cut some guys and bring more in. I like it. 

Yeah we have certainly been aggressive with roster moves in tc. 

Robinson looks interesting, playing making rush end. I mean 3 blocks in one year is pretty crazy. Fred williams too, another small school dominant guy, but led the chiefs in receiving last pre season, and looks like he was really good in the afl too. These arent just your average air lift imports. 

I can't say enough good things about Westerman. He is blowing guys up in one on ones.

Corney has serious speed off the edge.

Veltung working a lot with the 1s, same thing with Mayo. Mayo got a lot of work yesterday with the first team too. He doesn't really impress me all that much.

42 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah we have certainly been aggressive with roster moves in tc. 

Robinson looks interesting, playing making rush end. I mean 3 blocks in one year is pretty crazy. Fred williams too, another small school dominant guy, but led the chiefs in receiving last pre season, and looks like he was really good in the afl too. These arent just your average air lift imports. 

Why was Williams released? was he hurt?

16 hours ago, Kirk Penton said:

It's really me! Just didn't want everyone to think Richardson has torn his Achilles. I shouldn't have said it. We'll have to wait and see tomorrow.

Thanks for clarifying and playing the role of responsible journalist.  There's a lot of people tweeting out rapid-fire thought farts without any concern as to accuracy or repercussions.  You saw something that looked very similar to other achilles injuries and may very well turn out to be, but it's not yet factual.  There are several other reporter types who could learn from this example.

3 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Sorry, I did not say that right. Why did the Chiefs release him?

thats a million dollar question. The fans and media were sure he would make the active roster at the least. They picked up a younger wr when they took him off the pr. Idk why you even sign a guy if he can tear it up like he did in that pre season and you still cut him.

Ok thanks. Lets hope he can really help us out. I gather tomorrow will be the last real work out until the game. I don't imagine he'll be ready for the game. 

Thinking there's a game this week sure sounds good. Exhibition? Good enough.

Edited by LeBird

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

First camp in a long time that it seems like they cut some guys and bring more in. I like it. 

For a few years there was a limit to the amount of roster moves teams could make (believe it was 12) after training camp started.

Looks like they did away with that rule.

21 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Curious as to how Davis does, he has all the skills to be successful and with an experienced line/OC/ and receiving core could perform very well if needed. That being said I hope that doesn't happen this season :)

I am sure you meant not needed because they are so hopelessly far behind right? Thought so. ;)

41 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Ok thanks!  Other than Nichols, haven't heard much about the back up QB's this year. Anyone pushing Nichols for the #2 spot?

doesnt seem like any qb behind willy has separated them self.  even willy hasnt been lights out this camp. Though i attribute that to how deep our DB and Lbers are. 

51 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

doesnt seem like any qb behind willy has separated them self.  even willy hasnt been lights out this camp. Though i attribute that to how deep our DB and Lbers are. 

I'm going to say this without going out on a limb.

I believe the  QBs currently lining up behind Drew Willy on the depth chart, put us wayy ahead of those QBs that were in TC last year.

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

I'm going to say this without going out on a limb.

I believe the  QBs currently lining up behind Drew Willy on the depth chart, put us wayy ahead of those QBs that were in TC last year.

I dont think weve had a top 2 this strong since khari and glenn.

Am I missing something here?  Sounds like Willy is just having an 'okay' camp and Nichols is over-throwing receivers left and right...  now they are Khari and Glenn?!  Reviews are mixed on Bennett and Davis...

Every year we over-estimate our QB depth...  seems like yesterday that Buck and Jyles were the new Khari/Glenn

I'd really like to see Cato or Crompton end up on the roster when they shake loose, both are better than Nichols.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Am I missing something here?  Sounds like Willy is just having an 'okay' camp and Nichols is over-throwing receivers left and right...  now they are Khari and Glenn?!  Reviews are mixed on Bennett and Davis...

Every year we over-estimate our QB depth...  seems like yesterday that Buck and Jyles were the new Khari/Glenn

I'd really like to see Cato or Crompton end up on the roster when they shake loose, both are better than Nichols.

didnt say they are khari and glenn. said this is the strongest 1,2 weve had at qb since then. Though keep in mind when we had both glenn and khari, jones was allready done. Like i Said out defence is crazy deep. So when our team 2 off in on the field and team 2 def, the d has a huge advantage.  TC isnt a big evaluation tool for qbs. Especially for veteran qbs. Its for shaking the rust off and learning a new system. Weve had plenty of guys who look great in practise and tc and cant turn that into good game production. Nichols threw for 3245/19/60% with a banged up OL, little running game, and the worst offensive play calling / system this team has seen in a decade. That production is a good bit more then both crompton and cato combined. Not to mention crompton looked awful last year. Sure they got more potential, but in a no2 qb you wan a vet who can step in and run the offense in a pinch. And thats what we have.

Edited by wbbfan