Is Henoc Muamba pi**ing away his football career?

22 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Would love to have Henoc back. All players are mercenaries, no use in pretending otherwise.

I know nothing about agenting or managing a football team, but I wonder if he's waiting to be a midseason desperation signing.

Well he'd only get paid half a season's worth of that contract- or whatever reduced percentage of games he actually plays so I don't think that's his plan at all.

I don't get the hate. 

He is a CFL high perfoman CANADIAN Line backer.  

You can't fault anyone for going after a life changing payday in the big show that is the NFL.  Anyone here would do the same.  

Loyalty only plays a small part.  I've been with a company for 9 years, and would leave if someone offered me 20 000$ more per year.  I wouldnt even stop to think about it all things being equal.  Working enviroments, co-workers all play into that decisions but really most people are going to go where the money/opportunity is. 

The whole tour thing came off as egotistical but we only really knew about it from the insiders/media types that were reporting on it. I really think someone would have to be really stupid NOT to reach out to each club/employer to see what they are offering for wages and what kind of environment they would be walking into.

Do i Care if Muamba signs here? No.. not really.  If he makes us alot stronger at MLB and helps the ratio at the same time, i would be willing to put up with alot **** before cutting/passing on him.  Its all about winning. everything else matters less. 

13 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

I am beginning to think that he is blacklisted after the "World Tour" BS he put the league through.

Oh well, the CFL continues to blacklists Canadian qbs & no one cares  so who cares about an arrogant full of himself Canadian linebacker who has really no interest to play up here? I don't. Lots of fans don't, I believe.

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I don't get the hate. 

He is a CFL high perfoman CANADIAN Line backer.  

You can't fault anyone for going after a life changing payday in the big show that is the NFL.  Anyone here would do the same.  

Loyalty only plays a small part.  I've been with a company for 9 years, and would leave if someone offered me 20 000$ more per year.  I wouldnt even stop to think about it all things being equal.  Working enviroments, co-workers all play into that decisions but really most people are going to go where the money/opportunity is. 

The whole tour thing came off as egotistical but we only really knew about it from the insiders/media types that were reporting on it. I really think someone would have to be really stupid NOT to reach out to each club/employer to see what they are offering for wages and what kind of environment they would be walking into.

Do i Care if Muamba signs here? No.. not really.  If he makes us alot stronger at MLB and helps the ratio at the same time, i would be willing to put up with alot **** before cutting/passing on him.  Its all about winning. everything else matters less. 

You have to actually make an NFL team to make that "life changing payday" & Muamba hasn't & never will. Let him sit at home & dream about big paydays that will never happen...

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Oh well, the CFL continues to blacklists Canadian qbs & no one cares  so who cares about an arrogant full of himself Canadian linebacker who has really no interest to play up here? I don't. Lots of fans don't, I believe.

Simple solution to the Canadian qb thing. Let that Canadian qb count on ratio. I believe the way it reads is 3 qbs of no distinction

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Simple solution to the Canadian qb thing. Let that Canadian qb count on ratio. I believe the way it reads is 3 qbs of no distinction

It is easy but the CFL doesn't do it... Anyway, we're not talking Canadian qbs here so let's stay on the topic of Henoc Muamba.

Edited by iso_55

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

You have to actually make an NFL team to make that "life changing payday" & Muamba hasn't & never will. Let him sit at home & dream about big paydays that will never happen...

Yes he has, unless you are saying the 13 games he played for the Colts in 2014 don't count?  

Whether or not he's able to do it a 2nd time is the question.  He might end up being out of sight, out of mind for NFL teams the longer he goes without really playing.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Yes he has, unless you are saying the 13 games he played for the Colts in 2014 don't count?  

Whether or not he's able to do it a 2nd time is the question.  He might end up being out of sight, out of mind for NFL teams the longer he goes without really playing.

Where's he now? The life changing paycheques keep rolling in.

19 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Right.  Even 500 000 can be life changing. He can make twice as much down there on a PR  as he might make playing every game up here .  He has a limited window to make his dream come true so why give up on it.

he is a great mlb.    But he is also cdn so he is worth a lot to any team.  He played in the nfl and made some serious cash which probably allows him to wait for the contract that he wants.

like I said I don't get the hate on for someone we all really liked when he was here. He bled blue and gold and played hard every down for us.   Can't ask for much more. 

Edited by Adrenaline_x
Fixed spelling mistakes from an iphone while pooping

I guess he is still trying to get an NFL deal. Hes a really good player and a ratio breaker. Hes not doing him self any favors but im sure a couple weeks into the cfl season he will have a contract. We have 3 very strong Lbers. I wouldnt mind having leggett back at S and henoc at mlb but i dont think their is any chance that happens. So long as he doesnt end up a green rider idc too much.

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I guess he is still trying to get an NFL deal. Hes a really good player and a ratio breaker. Hes not doing him self any favors but im sure a couple weeks into the cfl season he will have a contract. We have 3 very strong Lbers. I wouldnt mind having leggett back at S and henoc at mlb but i dont think their is any chance that happens. So long as he doesnt end up a green rider idc too much.

I don't think the Riders are keen to negotiate with any player on Mr. Hardaway's client list at present time.

Please do not say "he bled blue and gold". Milt Stegall, Doug Brown, Rod Hill, Tyrone Jones, etc are guys who "bled blue and gold". 

Yes he played very hard for us every down. He was also quite aware his play would influence his NFL aspirations. 

Muamba is a great player but other stars stayed committed to the Bombers through some really lean years. Yes I get there was money to be had, but Henoc's quick jump to Montreal is not consistent with bleeding blue and gold.

45 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Right.  Even 500 000 can be life changing. He came make twice as much down there on a or as he might make playing every game up here .  He has a limited window to make his dream come true so why give up on it.

he is a great mlb.    But he is also cdn so he is worth a lot to any team.  He played in the nfl and made some serious cash which probably slows him to wait for the contract that he wants.

like I said I don't get the hate on for someone we all really liked when he was here. He bled blue and gold and played hard every down for us.   Can't ask for much more. 

Signing one and only one contract with the Bombers can scarcely be called "bleeding blue and gold" and as for playing hard every down, isn't that sort of expected?  So really, can't ask for much less.

I'd say Muamba WAS a great player. I'm not 100 percent convinced he still is. Didn't think he looked that good with Montreal last year in his 2 or 3 games. Looked 2 big. Looked like maybe he still had nfl on the brain. I'm not gonna crap on a guy who is trying very hard to live his dream.... we all want to live our dream and not many of us really get 2.... I respect henoc for what he did as a bomber. I lose some respect for the gong show world tour he put on last year and I have no respect for his agent 

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'd say Muamba WAS a great player. I'm not 100 percent convinced he still is. Didn't think he looked that good with Montreal last year in his 2 or 3 games. Looked 2 big. Looked like maybe he still had nfl on the brain. I'm not gonna crap on a guy who is trying very hard to live his dream.... we all want to live our dream and not many of us really get 2.... I respect henoc for what he did as a bomber. I lose some respect for the gong show world tour he put on last year and I have no respect for his agent 

He hadnt had a camp came in late in the season to a new team and new system and a team that over all wasnt good at all. Cant expect much in that situation. 

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Right.  Even 500 000 can be life changing. He came make twice as much down there on a or as he might make playing every game up here .  He has a limited window to make his dream come true so why give up on it.

he is a great mlb.    But he is also cdn so he is worth a lot to any team.  He played in the nfl and made some serious cash which probably slows him to wait for the contract that he wants.

I'm with Mike, he signs, he signs. If he doesn't I won't miss him.

Edited by iso_55

5 hours ago, Steve Fanitage said:

Please do not say "he bled blue and gold". Milt Stegall, Doug Brown, Rod Hill, Tyrone Jones, etc are guys who "bled blue and gold". 

Yes he played very hard for us every down. He was also quite aware his play would influence his NFL aspirations. 

Muamba is a great player but other stars stayed committed to the Bombers through some really lean years. Yes I get there was money to be had, but Henoc's quick jump to Montreal is not consistent with bleeding blue and gold.

Playing 2 seasons does not constitute bleeding blue & gold. Doug Brown bled blue & gold. Chris Walby. Those guys bled blue & gold not Muamba.